NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my 1/4 Predators from ToysRUs.com and they're BOTH Warrior Predators! What a waste of time and money! I bet the people who ship the Predators probably kept the City Hunters for themselves! I guess I'll be going to the store later on this week!

We'll I finally got a chance this weekend to lay down some primer on my City Hunter. Got to say that the factory paint as usual hides quite a bit of the fine details. Comparing him to my P1, I wouldn’t say that it's a better sculpt; It's slightly more refined in some areas but overall pretty equal to the level of detail present on the both figures. I'm glad Neca is producing these figures with such attention to detail that rivals most model kits out there. With the factory paint limitations, many of the fine sculpts details get lost. There are oblivious paint limitations to what can done to a mass produced action figure, but overall they still look quite good with the basic factory paint. The accessories & body amour details are no exception. They look great and the factory color also looks quite good. For me, working on a figure with this level of detail makes it easier because I know that it true potential is just waiting to be brought out.

Can't wait to see what you do.

I'm waiting until my new netting arrives before painting, but is there anything we need to know about dissembling the figure? Is is the same as the P1? I'd hate to break it.

I received my City Hunter the same day as DX Luke. I think I am going to keep him in the box for a bit until I am finished playing around with my latest HT!!
IMG2421.jpg

IMG2412.jpg

Yes it's from Polystone. Well yeah I'm planning to spend my quarters on all NECA 1/4's :wink1:

:lol Awesome!

Ok! So my 1/4 City Hunter arrived today!

Looks awesome all boxed up.

Will open it up tonight and get some pics up in the morning.

Also thinking about, when I get my Hot Toys City Hunter, I might do a photo comparison to each other.

Hot Toys 1/6 VS NECA 1/4.

It might not be a fair comparison as one is 1/6 and the other is 1/4.

But sculpting and accuracy wise, we can see the difference.

Got mine today. It's killer!

I think I'll do so custom work on it eventually, but very cool overall:

NecaPredator1.jpg

NecaPredator218.jpg

^^ Looks good!

Got some pics and to show off the intricate detail.

75934384.jpg

It has a good stance.

70504973.jpg

Helmet and hair are done very well.

52165553.jpg

The netting is nice.

83873049.jpg

Back armor is highly detailed.

57233771.jpg

Not too sure about the colour on the Shoulder Cannon but it's sculpted nicely.

36443747.jpg

Dart Gun looks nice!

61341759.jpg

Wrist Blades always impress!

59791159.jpg

50098594.jpg

80508932.jpg

Great detail on the Left Gauntlet and Spear.

Also the copper / brass stains on the armor are very well done!

Last edited:
More pics!

64483360.jpg

19984407.jpg

Great!

10703419.jpg

63970137.jpg

Smart Disk is great but the either the colour of it or the Holster is a different colour to each other.

From memory I thought they were both the same colour.

87242454.jpg

Comparison to Predator 1.

Last edited:
cheers for all the pics, specialy the posed and detail shots, so cool!:clap:clap

eeeeeesh here i am holdin out for the 7inch. oh jeeebis if thats not released soon....

1/4!:panic:

does anybody have a right open hand from the P1 for sale? I've bought one on a secondary market for a good prize but it came without it..

can the bio on the p2 figure be pulled off as easy as the mask on the p1 could (after weakening it)

I want to mod the bio mask. Give it a metal look. But i dont want to paint it whilst its still attached to the head in case i have a slip of hand

Ordered one through TRU hoping they would send the City Hunter. I ended up getting the Warrior which was fine, but now I needed to find the City Hunter. Online prices are all over the place. I didn't want to buy the set which is how many places are selling them. Called a few TRU's most were sold out or only had the Warrior version. Finally found one fairly close-by. Happy with the purchase. They need some paint work ie. a more gold metallic bio and such, but they're good toys.

I dont mind the gap. Its like the stunt bio and i used to have the HCG 1:1 bio so im pretty used to it. Though i will be darkening the mask so that will help any gaudyness

Though i will be darkening the mask so that will help any gaudyness

I'd like to do that aswell. It looks really cheap in those comparison shots, not liking how prominent the acne scars are either. But the visor looks all kinds of wrong. I'm unpleasantly surprised there.

Back