NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the time ive painted it the pot holes will be filled in a bit due to a couple of layers of paint. Tempted to remove the visor, to put a higher quality material in. But i may not bother as it would probably be a lot of work for barely any difference

The visor in those pics irked me. Almost made me not want to get the figure. I don't know if it's like the P1 where there were different levels of visor-gap, but mine doesn't have that big of a gap. It's really tight.

Dafuq? Whats with the visor gap again??!!

Gotta say those comparisons don't do the NECA bio any favours.

Weird thing is, that gap looks sculpted. The P1 bio was in two parts so you could close the gap yourself. Not sure if that's the case here. Maybe the visor itself is a seperate thing so even if the helmet is all one piece, the size of the gap depends on how the helmet is glued on.

Weird thing is, that gap looks sculpted. The P1 bio was in two parts so you could close the gap yourself. Not sure if that's the case here. Maybe the visor itself is a seperate thing so even if the helmet is all one piece, the size of the gap depends on how the helmet is glued on.

Yeah it looks sculpted like that to me, doesn't look fixable. The brow doesn't look like its in enough of an angry frown either if you know what I mean. Could just be the different lighting but the cheeks/jawline look wrong too. Maybe I'm panicking but those shots worry me, inasmuch as one worries about this sort of thing.

Looking at my 7" figure now and I see no visor gap. It looks much better. WTF is happening to these things on the upscale??

I'm going to guess they're using the same kind of plastic for the large figures that they're using on the smaller ones, so if it's larger and the head is hollow, the thin helmet parts tend to be flimsier when being glued They won't be as stiff as the same shape cast in smaller size on a solid head.

After looking at the pic the large gap is an optical illusion. There is a gap but it's not as large at those pics make it seem. The visor and the slope that go into the bio blend into one dark mass.

With that said the shape of the dome does look off. It should be wider. In person, the overall presentation isn't affected (at least for me). It's a nice "economical" "1/4" version of the character.

Last edited:
I just got my city hunter. Have to say I have not been this impressed as far as price vs quality in a long time.

An instant favourite.

Here are a few pictures of my City Hunter......
IMG2524.jpg

IMG2531.jpg

IMG2522.jpg

Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

Where are pictures of this 1/4 scale NECA farce, er, I mean figure.

edit: I just found it:

https://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?...edator&pic=197875016.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

You have to choose between one of three versions depending on head sculpt you want? Lame. Still, at 1/4 scale I'll probably get one.

let me tell you something..... I got one ( open mouth ver ) then i sold all my 3 HT predators Fal,Track,Serk, and moved on Neca 1/4 Predator bro, To me my self Neca 1/4 Predator are more accurate and likeness, great paint job ! just perfect to me just my opinion, cheer:)

Overall it looks great but I'm disappointed that the bio isn't as accurate as I assumed. Even there^ the 'eyes' look too big.

To be honest I didn't even notice and I have a full size P2 Bio on my wall. It's pretty spot on I'd say, I can take a comparison pic later maybe.

Once this things in hand it's just a **** factory of awesomeness.

Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

let me tell you something..... I got one ( open mouth ver ) then i sold all my 3 HT predators Fal,Track,Serk, and moved on Neca 1/4 Predator bro, To me my self Neca 1/4 Predator are more accurate and likeness, great paint job ! just perfect to me just my opinion, cheer:)

I Agree with this 100% even if NECA is a little off they are still much better to have.

Back