NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pack.jpg

A note about that pose for the open mouth Pred, I had mine exactly like that but after watching the movie again this weekend I discovered that the way I had it isn't really accurate.

In the movie his upper arms are further down and further back with his forearms outstretched. I paused the movie and posed mine like that it's now much more screen accurate.

Like this...

predator-2.jpg

Last edited:
One more. Photos aren't great, trying to keep it steady without using the flash. Luckily this guy is so photogenic.

Masked.jpg

A note about that pose for the open mouth Pred, I had mine exactly like that but after watching the movie again this weekend I discovered that the way I had it isn't really accurate.

In the movie his upper arms are further down and further back with his forearms outstretched. I paused the movie and posed mine like that it's now much more screen accurate.

Like this...

predator-2.jpg

I tweaked mine to lower his biceps and bend the elbows like the picture, and I think it's a great improvement. Thanks!
Pity the head won't stay raised like the picture, but I'm happier with how it looks now.

My set of 3 Predators arrived last night! They are amazing for their price range. In hand I prefer the masked and open mouthed version over the closed mouth version. The gap of the visor on my masked Predator is actually not that big, so I am guessing it differs from figure to figure.

Here is my little 2 cents review:

THE GOOD:

-Great movie accurate sculpt. Very detailed and impressive craftsmanship.

-Impressive scale and pair up perfectly with the NECA ¼ Alien!

-Great paint job on the body/flesh parts of the predator. All the body parts are painted very great detail and sealed off with a nice gloss finish. The good paint job brings out the detailed and beautiful sculpt underneath. Well done NECA

-Great bang for your buck

THE NOT SO GOOD:

-Seam on the mask.

-the netting is made of thin plastic material and not fabric. It seems very fragile, I’m trying not to handle them too much. Pay attention when posing your Predator guys, make sure you don’t pull/stretch the netting too much.

-the articulation could be better - the ankle joints could have more range.

-Paint job on the armour could be more metallic and less plastic. Also, take care while posing your figures guys, the paint can jam the joints. The small ball joint of the shoulder cannon snapped right off when I was putting it on his “backpack” .

Overall, I am a very happy and proud owner of the three awesome ¼ Predators and my 1/6 Hot Toys Original Predator. Despite some small quality and articulation issues, these ¼ NECA Predators are really impressive and beautiful display pieces! Well done NECA and thank you for making them!

Shin, I don't think the ankles would be able to hold the weight of this guy if they had more articulation. It seems some people have issues with them with the limited articulation there already.

ive just brought a couple of figure support stands for my 2 preds coming,would be gutted if they fell over and broke so i thought best be safe

Back