NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be sure to post pics later on today or tonight. :)

I was just watching the documentary on the Blu-ray 'The Life Inside: A Tribute to Kevin Peter Hall' and there are many great reference shots of him in the full suit without movie lighting and you can really see the differences in the paint on various parts of his body.

The caster and back pack seem almost blackened while most of the armor is lighter with pronounce blast marks, I plan to add all that to reflect that more and the helmet doesn't so much come off as silver as it does a very dirty pearl white, not really sure what color it is to be honest.

Still, looking at Kevin wearing the suit in those shots when he's on set just pantomiming various movements Tankman got this figure deadly accurate to how he appears in that documentary, the only thing needed is some color corrections here and there.

The best way that I have found to add weathering like this, since I don't own airbrush equipment, is to take a dab of black water-based paint and dab at the surface with your finger until it becomes diffuse, the good news is that the armor on the Pred is just really dirty so you don't need to be a master painter to do this.

deadi.jpg

ha! I like, I like, I wonder why CSC got them so early? they must of sacrificed some cats or something.....mmmm......dunno

I'm thinking of cancelling from BBTS - not because of the delay in getting it but because I'll inevitably have to pay customs on the 3 Predators of 40Euro which could negate the package deal they're offering.

I still have to work it out but I might order from Forbiddenplanet, unless I get charged customs on the package coming from Britain it might end up being cheaper for me.

They're coming don't worry! Maybe there is a traffic congestion in the space? And they will be late 4 date! :rotfl

Seriously this figure is well worth of wait! To be honest I'm already waiting 1/4 P2 and Elder:clap
I don't even have mine yet and I already want a 1/4 P2. :lol :hi5:

Awww. Sorry goose.
Gonna be a long weekend for you, but worth the wait. :)

I've been working all weekend too. I was looking forward to getting him. Nice little Saturday night off and Sunday off and no Predator to share it with.:gah: :lol

Saying that, the garden shots would have had to wait anyway, it's raining.:(

I don't even have mine yet and I already want a 1/4 P2. :lol :hi5:

Trust me there are many out there processing the very same thoughts! Until it happens NECA...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_E2EHVxNAE"]YouTube - Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting[/ame]
:rotfl

Thank you for posting that song. It will help through till Monday.:1-1:

:lol

Glad to help! You're almost there my friend, and when it gets to hard, you've got that song or you can either remember us THE WAIT SQUAD at BBTS:rotfl:rotfl

have a masked version that just shipped from a dealer on amazon. can't wait to see this guy in person.

Back