NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I can find a square base that will fit on the bottom shelf on my detolf, I was thinking of making a diorama base with something simple like this:

Fullscreencapture14052011194723.jpg

If I can find a square base that will fit on the bottom shelf on my detolf, I was thinking of making a diorama base with something simple like this:

Fullscreencapture14052011194723.jpg

Absolutely great idea! I'm also thinking about diorama for Predators. I could use foliage, grass, rocks I normaly use for model railway, but with trees would be an issue! I have 1/87 HO scale, so the tallest trees are about 14 inches tall. And there is a space issue as well. Greygoose check this videos from mynewclear! His work is AMAZING!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QelQnxn8gRs&feature=related"]YouTube - diorama berserker.MPG[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QhuvJ8abaY&feature=related"]YouTube - Predator Berserker Spacecraft .MPG[/ame]

Well, I have an opportunity right now to visit Corner Store Comics since I'm visiting my old neighborhood today, and I lived right around the corner from there. So, I'm going to take a look at these Preds (which they still have in stock) and see if I can still resist buying one.

Absolutely great idea! I'm also thinking about diorama for Predators. I could use foliage, grass, rocks I normaly use for model railway, but with trees would be an issue! I have 1/87 HO scale, so the tallest trees are about 14 inches tall. And there is a space issue as well. Greygoose check this videos from mynewclear! His work is AMAZING!!!

YouTube - diorama berserker.MPG

YouTube - Predator Berserker Spacecraft .MPG

Holy moly! Those dioramas are incredible!!! Who makes them? Thanks for posting them.:hi5:

I've always wanted to build a model railway. Got a Hornby Flying Scotsman in the wardrobe.:D

Well, I have an opportunity right now to visit Corner Store Comics since I'm visiting my old neighborhood today, and I lived right around the corner from there. So, I'm going to take a look at these Preds (which they still have in stock) and see if I can still resist buying one.

All bets are on...2/1 you come home with one. 11/1 all three.:lol

Surf, I'd say go for it. The price is great and considering you're a Predator fan, getting an accurate 1/4 representation of the original character is a no-brainer, even if it's a stand-alone piece.

Sigh... I just want mine to arrive so I can build a shrine, er, diorama.

Holy moly! Those dioramas are incredible!!! Who makes them? Thanks for posting them.:hi5:

I've always wanted to build a model railway. Got a Hornby Flying Scotsman in the wardrobe.:D
Congrats! You really own a railway legend!

No real name given! His Youtube name is mynewclear,and he is really good! I've seen many dioramas in person (model railway though) on my several visits to Germany, but still Mynewclear's work is outstanding. Well me and my brother are working on our own project, hopefully we will soon start planting trees, grass etc. :clap Maybe I will post some pics...:wink1:

I'm thinking of cancelling from BBTS - not because of the delay in getting it but because I'll inevitably have to pay customs on the 3 Predators of 40Euro which could negate the package deal they're offering.

I still have to work it out but I might order from Forbiddenplanet, unless I get charged customs on the package coming from Britain it might end up being cheaper for me.

Well, nope. Might aswell keep my BBTS order and pay the customs because even with no customs getting it from the UK its more expensive because of the not quite favourable exchange rate between GPB and the Euro. Unless I cancelled one of them but between the open mouth and the closed mouth one seems as important to me as the other :gah:

Sigh... I just want mine to arrive so I can build a shrine, er, diorama.

P1 deserves a shrine.:winner

Congrats! You really own a railway legend!

No real name given! His Youtube name is mynewclear,and he is really good! I've seen many dioramas in person (model railway though) on my several visits to Germany, but still Mynewclear's work is outstanding. Well me and my brother are working on our own project, hopefully we will soon start planting trees, grass etc. :clap Maybe I will post some pics...:wink1:

I'm guessing you've been to Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg.

You should start a thread in the general section when your ready to post pics of your project.:)

P1 deserves a shrine.:winner

I'm guessing you've been to Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg.

You should start a thread in the general section when your ready to post pics of your project.:)

I've been in Munich, Nurnberg and Sonneberg and across Austria aswell, but Wunderland is still unconquered fort, I must visit it in the future!

I would like to have a Predator dio, but for all three it would be simply too big:gah:

I've been in Munich, Nurnberg and Sonneberg and across Austria aswell, but Wunderland is still unconquered fort, I must visit it in the future!

I would like to have a Predator dio, but for all three it would be simply too big:gah:

I'm thinking just a dio for one. They will have to share.:lol

I just got back from my local arts and crafts store doing some Pred-tweak shopping and I came across stuff that had my imagination going into overdrive!

I won't tell you what I have in mind but when it's finished I'll post pics, I hope it comes out the way I see it in my mind. :)

I just got back from my local arts and crafts store doing some Pred-tweak shopping and I came across stuff that had my imagination going into overdrive!

I won't tell you what I have in mind but when it's finished I'll post pics, I hope it comes out the way I see it in my mind. :)

C'mon, give us a hint at least.:wink1:

anybody Thinks they could pull up something for a Comic con Exclusive? maybe a cloaked version? battle damage? I mean, they always bring exclusives like that, maybe not? dont know, just a thought

Just finished watching the Movie, I saw it a while ago, but, really amazing, has me pumped up for the figures,

I am still debating whether to get close mouth or not,
I feel that, Masked is a must, so yeah and between open and close, I just like Open a lot more, I have both preorder, but, I keep thinking if I should get a close mouth from CSC, my reasoning for not getting it is, If I do I will have to eat peanuts for lunch for a while lol, and, Close mouth and Open mouth are basically the same figure, so I keep thinking, just having one is enough, there is also the space issue, but then again, these will skyrocket in price...

But you guys are making me warm up to close mouth, Im starting to like him a lot, I don't know,

Okay here's what I had in mind, I intend to buy more strands of leaf garland to completely cover the wall behind them, I didn't buy enough tonight, have to go back tomorrow, I also plan to place various rocks to conceal the trunks of the leaves on either side of him...

P1070741.jpg

Back