NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for $200? yeah right. i dunno about the praise, but for what we're paying, they're still pretty nice. speaking of which, when are you people gonna make an A3 dog figure so we can finally have one that looks like the movie?

I'd love to have a crack at it because I told Tom Woodruff we do justice to his Alien. He hates the MCfarlane piece and thinks the HT one isn't so good also. If we did it we'd make it very articulated. McFarlane one is a joke big time.

I'd love to have a crack at it because I told Tom Woodruff we do justice to his Alien. He hates the MCfarlane piece and thinks the HT one isn't so good also. If we did it we'd make it very articulated. McFarlane one is a joke big time.

This is my most anticipated Alien piece since you guys did the Giger Alien.

PLEASE PLEASE make this happen! :pray:

I went in on the torso and gave it just a bit more thinness. I had months and months to think about it and really knew it needed to be done. Other then that everything is fine. I feel really good about this being the best Kevin Peter Hall Predator. P2 is every bit as good if not better.

Plus it worked out well with the fact that the netting is a seperate piece for the larger figure, so those modifications show up even better on it because the netting isn't an actual physical part of the torso mold like on the 8" one.

But yeah, there is no doubt that this is the ultimate representation of the Kevin Peter Hall Predator. Aside from traveling back in time, stealing the costume from the set, and shrinking it down to action figure size, there is no way this can ever be topped.

You did what $200 dolls, $500 statues and $10,000 Replicas could not do... replicate the Original Predator, in all of it's detail, personality, and glory. I've said it before, but i'll continue to do so... thank you. This and the Alien figure are the figures I've wanted since I was 8 years old. Big thanks to you and everyone at NECA whose hard work and coolness made all of this possible. You all rock!

Looks great. Wish idiots would stop _____ing about Hot Toys though.

Maybe it's because fans want better and should get a better sculpt for 170 bucks. Just think those that missed out will soon get a Predator and is sculpted WAY better and oh yes painted better too. Enjoy your HT Predators but get ready for this new guy to take room on your shelf as the Predator king and only cost 80 bucks to boot. Maybe fans like me will get lucky if it's true HT is doing a new classic. I'd give them my test shot so they would get it right this time around and I bet they know the sculpt should be way better.

haha. i hate to be "that guy" but i actually like the McFarlane sculpt more than the HT sculpt (and yes, i own both). it just reminds me more of the movie creature. at least its proportions are better than HT's anyway. but yeah, i'd also love to see you have a crack at it. let's hope your boss sees it that way too, we're long overdue for having a respectable figure. oh, and while you're at it, make those hazmat troopers from the end of the movie, they're awesome.

Plus it worked out well with the fact that the netting is a seperate piece for the larger figure, so those modifications show up even better on it because the netting isn't an actual physical part of the torso mold like on the 8" one.

But yeah, there is no doubt that this is the ultimate representation of the Kevin Peter Hall Predator. Aside from traveling back in time, stealing the costume from the set, and shrinking it down to action figure size, there is no way this can ever be topped.

You did what $200 dolls, $500 statues and $10,000 Replicas could not do... replicate the Original Predator, in all of it's detail, personality, and glory. I've said it before, but i'll continue to do so... thank you. This and the Alien figure are the figures I've wanted since I was 8 years old. Big thanks to you and everyone at NECA whose hard work and coolness made all of this possible. You all rock!

Thanks a lot and I will say a lot of hard work and time went into these predator figures. This guy looks so very great at 19 inches and I look over at my CM now and kind of wished I'd saved my money. The HT on the other hand still feels OK that I spent 170 bucks and I can always sell it for 300+. I can't wait to see if they will do a new classic.
The Alien is good but I so wish I had a chance to go back on it and improve a few things.

Thanks a lot and I will say a lot of hard work and time went into these predator figures. This guy looks so very great at 19 inches and I look over at my CM now and kind of wished I'd saved my money. The HT on the other hand still feels OK that I spent 170 bucks and I can always sell it for 300+. I can't wait to see if they will do a new classic.
The Alien is good but I so wish I had a chance to go back on it and improve a few things.

Yeah, I remember hearing you on a podcast about how you wanted to go back and do some more stuff with the Alien.

Maybe it's because fans want better and should get a better sculpt for 170 bucks. Just think those that missed out will soon get a Predator and is sculpted WAY better and oh yes painted better too. Enjoy your HT Predators but get ready for this new guy to take room on your shelf as the Predator king and only cost 80 bucks to boot. Maybe fans like me will get lucky if it's true HT is doing a new classic. I'd give them my test shot so they would get it right this time around and I bet they know the sculpt should be way better.

Those pics look fantastic! I wouldn't say the paint apps are better than HT, though. If there's one department where HT beats all, that's the one. Having that said, this 1/4 P1 is definitely the best-looking that NECA has done. I'd say there's room for improvement in paint (and let's be honest, there is), but then again, I'd be hard-pressed to find anything of remotely the same quality for $80. Easily the best value out of my entire collection. I wouldn't even be surprised if this guy's worth goes up over time.

Those pics look fantastic! I wouldn't say the paint apps are better than HT, though. If there's one department where HT beats all, that's the one. Having that said, this 1/4 P1 is definitely the best-looking that NECA has done. I'd say there's room for improvement in paint (and let's be honest, there is), but then again, I'd be hard-pressed to find anything of remotely the same quality for $80. Easily the best value out of my entire collection. I wouldn't even be surprised if this guy's worth goes up over time.

When it comes to this P1 I do think ours is better in most places on the figure. The mouth is way better on this guy. Other Predators like the Berserker is a joke how ours looks paint wise. Look at the P1 skulls on the HT. I feel if they do a new one they should charge 190 and do it way better than the first P1 they did. Get your NECA figure and compare.

These pictures are amazing, I can't believe how good this turned out.

Like others have said, we need the Bambi Burster, and a 1:4 P2. :lecture

It'd be awesome if NECA started over from here. Re-did all the Aliens and Predators (except for this beautiful P1..)..

Hey Kyle, I think you missed my question:

Are these pics you're posting of the factory painted pieces or the masters that you painted?

These pictures are amazing, I can't believe how good this turned out.

Like others have said, we need the Bambi Burster, and a 1:4 P2. :lecture

It'd be awesome if NECA started over from here. Re-did all the Aliens and Predators (except for this beautiful P1..)..

Awesome indeed. I trust NECA with sculpting way more than I trust any other company. The Dog Alien would truly be epic, and hell, so would the Resurrection Alien. A guy can also dream of getting them (along with the Alien Warrior) in 1/4 scale, but that seems a lot more unlikely than the P2. Either way, amazing stuff!!

Hey Kyle, I think you missed my question:

Are these pics you're posting of the factory painted pieces or the masters that you painted?

They look like factory-painted figures. The masters were a bit cleaner when it came to the spotting and they had more color, so that's how I was able to figure it out.

Prototype:
attachment.php

Final:
attachment.php

Impressive work nonetheless. Great to have NECA show improvement in painting on such a massive release. Definitely catapulted them up a good number of notches with this.

Awesome indeed. I trust NECA with sculpting way more than I trust any other company. The Dog Alien would truly be epic, and hell, so would the Resurrection Alien. A guy can also dream of getting them (along with the Alien Warrior) in 1/4 scale, but that seems a lot more unlikely than the P2. Either way, amazing stuff!!
Basically, we just need everything A/P related, in every scale. :lol

Urban and the Bambi Burster are my two favorite designs, though.

Basically, we just need everything A/P related, in every scale. :lol

Urban and the Bambi Burster are my two favorite designs, though.

I'd buy it all, then sell my HT stuff to fix the space issue (except for AVP, since NECA's not doing it and I have a ridiculous attachment to my Celtic Predator).

one word sums up this pred figure..AMAZING!!.. heres wishin that neca would release more preds in this scale.. id buy em at 100 a pop easily

Back