NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kyle, I think you missed my question:

Are these pics you're posting of the factory painted pieces or the masters that you painted?

These are the latest test shots before we got the new ones in the boxes. We have 6 now in the box and Randy opened one and it looks great. There isn't as much dots on the hands of the boxed test shots as these two but over all I'm very happy with the paint. We had two different sculptors over in China during the production and they seem to be confident these will be very good. If it were up to me we'd have the Alien3 and Queen getting sculpted now. One thing about these 19inch Predator that scared me early on was would they stand? They seem to be fine when you stand them.

The body sculpt on the P1 is awesome!! And please tell me there's going to be a 1/4 scale P2 ......

Tankman, I dunno what's gotten into you with all these pictures, but I'm lovin' it! Every one of your posts is GOLD! The P2 prototype is incredible -- much better look at it than we got at Toy Fair -- and the 1/4 P1 is looking more and more amazing.

I didn't even mention the P1 quarter scale photos because I am speechless, and I am also speechless at how amazing the P2 is.

Pretty much sums it up. The P1 looks incredible and the P2 prototype is looking incredible too. I remember tankman saying that P1 was his dream and that happened, so maybe P2 in 1/4 may be a dream come true too.

Maybe fans like me will get lucky if it's true HT is doing a new classic. I'd give them my test shot so they would get it right this time around and I bet they know the sculpt should be way better.

I don't like to mention the 'war' but even if they had your sculpt and reference material in front of them HT would still do their own thing.

Basically, we just need everything A/P related, in every scale. :lol

Give me the big, bad Wolf in 1/4 too! The smaller figure was a great sculpt.

Maybe it's because fans want better and should get a better sculpt for 170 bucks. Just think those that missed out will soon get a Predator and is sculpted WAY better and oh yes painted better too. Enjoy your HT Predators but get ready for this new guy to take room on your shelf as the Predator king and only cost 80 bucks to boot. Maybe fans like me will get lucky if it's true HT is doing a new classic. I'd give them my test shot so they would get it right this time around and I bet they know the sculpt should be way better.

Well, in all fairness, Hot Toys has come a long way since they did the earlier Predators. I'm sure it would be night and day to see a modern take on the P1 style in classic or reboot form.

Well, in all fairness, Hot Toys has come a long way since they did the earlier Predators. I'm sure it would be night and day to see a modern take on the P1 style in classic or reboot form.

Maybe...I just wish they'd show us the damn thing already. That's if it is indeed being made.:dunno

These pictures are amazing, I can't believe how good this turned out.

Like others have said, we need the Bambi Burster, and a 1:4 P2. :lecture

It'd be awesome if NECA started over from here. Re-did all the Aliens and Predators (except for this beautiful P1..)..

It's clear why NECA get's the reputation for excellent sculpts. It may have something to do with passionate artists like Tankman. :wink1:

If they upped the articulation and maybe the material craftsmanship (basically I mean the stuff the figures are made of), these would easily up the ante on NECA's overall portfolio. Very impressive stuff here. I'm feeling good about this one coming into shipping it out.

ORDER EARLY! THIS IS EXPECTED TO BE LIMITED ONE TIME PRODUCTION RUN, ALLOCATIONS MAY OCCUR.

What does Allocations may occur mean?

Any UK freaks found any where to order these?
I feel I owe it to myself to order one.

ORDER EARLY! THIS IS EXPECTED TO BE LIMITED ONE TIME PRODUCTION RUN, ALLOCATIONS MAY OCCUR.

What does Allocations may occur mean?

1. To set apart for a special purpose;
2. To distribute according to a plan;

Some might be used for promotion/display at stores. Or gifts, giveaways, etc. Could mean a lot of different things.

It seems the comic places around me get them in the fastest, with TRU close behind. Probably because TRU gets all the stuff sent to their respective wharehouses, processed, and then distributed among stores/online product storehouses, whereas the comic/collectibles guys get their cases sent directly to them, and don't deal with the volume and processes a huge company like TRU goes through with their stock. But that's just a theory, I'm not sure how they actually handle it.

For example, I saw the Sam Fisher and Crysis 2 figures at my comic/collectible shops about a week before they got widespread at the TRU's around me. But for the Pred stuff, TRU seems to get it in a bit sooner. I saw series 1 at TRU before I saw it anywhere else, or even before it was available to ship from anywhere online. Series 2 was both at about the same time.

As far as how the stock is sent from Asia, I have no idea. I would imagine it's sent directly to the vendors that have them on order, but I don't know. Makes more sense to send a boat from Asia directly to the UK with the stock, rather than stop in the US for further distribution processes.

But even then, as with Predators series 2, I remember Greygoose posting about getting them only about 2 weeks after I found them, so the time delay between the U.S. and other parts of the world doesn't seem too big.

Of course this is all just speculation on my part, I'm just reporting my observations as far as when I usually find the product and where. I have no idea what the actual process is from Asia to wherever the product goes to after that, or how each company handles the distribution process.

If they are saying they should be out in about 2 weeks, I'd probably say they will see widespread and worldwide release in early to mid-June.
Jace, thanks for the feedback.
I was thinking a June release as well.

tankman, thanks for the updates and mega pics!
This thing is off the hook.

Paint is acceptable for this price range and quite honestly, I still can't believe how much we're getting for $80.

I hope they keep this at their initial 5,000 units for each masked, open mouth, and close mouth. Then I hope they sell out of these and move on to P2 at 1:4 scale.

Man, a guy falls asleep for a few hours and misses one hell of a party lol.

Those pictures in the last few pages are simply awe-inspiring! Tankman, first off I can't believe that we get to talk to the man who achieved this sexy btch and second your passion for this character is apparent and I'd love to shake your hand and buy you a round dude.

You simply did it.

As was said some of those pics looks as if the Pred took a break from filming to go out and have a smoke break lol.

I would give up any two fingers on my left hand (fingers I usually reserve to lose for an hour with Scarlett Johansson lol) to have these right freakin' now!

Last edited:
I hope it's the angle, but the head looks tiny in that pic.

These are the latest test shots before we got the new ones in the boxes. We have 6 now in the box and Randy opened one and it looks great. There isn't as much dots on the hands of the boxed test shots as these two but over all I'm very happy with the paint. We had two different sculptors over in China during the production and they seem to be confident these will be very good. If it were up to me we'd have the Alien3 and Queen getting sculpted now. One thing about these 19inch Predator that scared me early on was would they stand? They seem to be fine when you stand them.

Maybe...I just wish they'd show us the damn thing already. That's if it is indeed being made.:dunno

Could they be waiting for the release of the Neca Predator to see if they should make improvements before showing photos? That way they would still be able to make corrections to make it better.

BTW, this new Neca 1/4 Predator is looking absolutely amazing. I wasn't going to buy it at first, then decided to buy the closed mouth one. I'm glad I pre-ordered it! I'm now considering it a must have for me. I wish it had a removable bio though. But I'm going to try doing it with Super Sculpey when I get the figure :) .

Back