NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

THIS is the sample from the factory:
TOY_2211_resize.JPG

I'm so pumped for this figure:yess:

I hope we see pics of the fixed mask.

Last edited:

Why still talk about Neca VS HotToys? They can also see children who the winner is NECA. That big head doll made by HT is an antique.
Neca combines good details and economic price ... and painting do not see a problems.

Hmmm.

I am a LONG way from convinced that is a factory production sample - looking at the page it's on, the album is entitled "Toy Fair 2011" and the rest of the pics are NECA trade displays; the 18" Preds seem to be part of that range. The 8" figures shown have awesome paintjobs for which the production models fall far short.

That said, for the size and sculpt quality, even if the production paintjob is "NECA standard" it still represents excellent value. I'd just be very suprised if, given their price point, NECA managed to exceed Sideshow, Hot Toys, Palisades et al in paint quality. Unless they're beating their chinese labourers with a particularly sharp stick.

Could we save the HT bashing until we see the production version...?

Last edited:

Why are you afraid that it's not fixed? I'm not arguing with you, I'm just curious if you know something that we don't.

I think my english is not perfect, I just mean that I hope that he will be fixed ;)

I think my biggest fear is a bad paint job on the face, i mean, I don't think they will mess up the body, and, the 7 inch predator doesn't look that bad, so I wouldn't think the 18 inch would look bad, but
My biggest problem would be bad paint on the face, that would be terrible,
If they get the face right on the open mouth, i would be happy,

and about the repaint, I don't like painting my figures, I've done a few quick fixes here and there, but, I would really hate if I have to paint these predators,
anyway, whatever Neca releases, Im pretty sure it will a lot better than the Mcfarlane one...

Good paint on the heads is very important to me aswell. Its the reason I ordered both the unmasked versions - the prospect of getting what you can't get on the 8" figures - that sculpt painted well.

Not me :)
As long as the sculpt is not altered or warped I'll be happy. Would hate to see gaps in the the mandible area where the different pieces come together. Also hope it is made of higher quality plastic then the 18 inch sparrow that broke while I was CAREFULLY taking it out of the box........I guess I am a bit apprehensive

One thing is certain from the general mood here, assuming it's a sample of the rest of the high end community, and that's NECA's getting a second chance to prove they can do well.

:lecture Plus, it didn't help that we saw that picture of the Grindhouse: Death Proof figure. I'm still :lol about that one.

Yeah, the chance of the paintjob being f'd up is the only thing keeping me from preordering....I guess if i was unhappy with it, I could always return it.

How is BigBadToyStore with returns?

Back