NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

it would be nice if neca would include both open and closed hands. give you more options to pose.

I dont remember the exact details in the movie, but, that fist he is making, I don't like the way they did it, the thumb over the hand, is not a real fist, but, I really don't remember how he closed his hands in the movie, maybe he did that in the movie as well?
This is not a complain about the figure or anything, I just never liked that right hand, looks like he is holding an invisible sword or something, i kinda wish it was a real fist

I the movie, the fist closes exactly like that. Fingers over the palm, extended and tumb over the fingers, extended.

I, on the other side, love the way Kyle has done it. He sculpted it the way Kevin Peter Hall did it when he had the suit on. It gives a lot of personality to to the character, its the way the Predator closed its fist, part of the alien's idiosyncrasy.

In fact when other sculptors do it other way I don't like it. They don't pay attention to the movie. But that's me :)

You can still check back with BBTS once in a while.
If someone happens to cancel their preorder, the system updates and will reflect the one that's become available.

wait so, the figure is going to come with two sets of hands? is that what's going on? I never heard about this, if they are that's cool

I the movie, the fist closes exactly like that. Fingers over the palm, extended and tumb over the fingers, extended.

I, on the other side, love the way Kyle has done it. He sculpted it the way Kevin Peter Hall did it when he had the suit on. It gives a lot of personality to to the character, its the way the Predator closed its fist, part of the alien's idiosyncrasy.

In fact when other sculptors do it other way I don't like it. They don't pay attention to the movie. But that's me :)

Yeah, that's the reason I was confused about it, predator figures usually have the close fist, even Hot toys, but, the way they did it for this figure I guess that's really nice

Hmmm.

I am a LONG way from convinced that is a factory production sample - looking at the page it's on, the album is entitled "Toy Fair 2011" and the rest of the pics are NECA trade displays; the 18" Preds seem to be part of that range. The 8" figures shown have awesome paintjobs for which the production models fall far short.

That said, for the size and sculpt quality, even if the production paintjob is "NECA standard" it still represents excellent value. I'd just be very suprised if, given their price point, NECA managed to exceed Sideshow, Hot Toys, Palisades et al in paint quality. Unless they're beating their chinese labourers with a particularly sharp stick.

Could we save the HT bashing until we see the production version...?

Looks like a factory sample to me -- looks squuzed from the original sculpt and the surface texture is plastic -- you can tell by the translucency and shine -- that's not paint on the base -- it looks like color molded plastic.

unless they are using some other unusal material as a paint master -- I could be mistaken, but it doesn't look like a paint master to me

Looks like a factory sample to me -- looks squuzed from the original sculpt and the surface texture is plastic -- you can tell by the translucency and shine -- that's not paint on the base -- it looks like color molded plastic.

unless they are using some other unusal material as a paint master -- I could be mistaken, but it doesn't look like a paint master to me

yup, looks like neca went with the cheap route yet again and molded the plastic in color instead of painting it. i've said this again and again, and i'm sure kyle heard me when i also said to him:

paint the damn figure!

molded color gives the impression of C-H-E-A-P. and i hate that in a collectible. if i can see that, i'm pretty damn sure kyle can see it too. so why would you take all the effort to sculpt something cool and yet cheap out on the last process. why not go all the way? who would mind paying $10-20 more for this, if they can be assured that the paint app is first rate?

molded color looks like crap even on my 7" preds, and now they want to blow it up to 18". good thinking, neca. :mad:

Planned for April actually, but NECA stuff always comes out a month after their official release date.

^^^^^^ Yup! that's true!
and also I remember I got the info from @NECA_TOYS (on twitter)...
let me ask'em again to be sure....

Back