Neca 1/4 Scale Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its easier to get rid of too much hair and too long hair. Much harder to give him more or longer hair. This way you can at least make it right yourself rather than letting China F it up.

Has anyone seen this yet?
bilbo-baggins.jpg

https://necaonline.com/38477/produc...obbit-14th-scale-figure-bilbo-baggins-case-4/

Has anyone seen this yet?

No, I hadn't seen that yet. Thanks for sharing! The likeness is quite good although Bilbo Baggins is not exactly the most exciting character design wise. Hopefully the next choice will be more interesting.

He's the most logical choice with a certain film starting tonight at Midnight :duh

He does look great too. Will go nicely with Gollum at least!

Looks pretty nice. I wonder how the legs will work articulation-wise. Were these pieces heavily rotocast? Or solid?

Yeah, the PF is really nice looking. The neca one is nice but I don't think it looks better. That's not to say the neca one is bad though.

:lol :lol

Nah, it's pretty good. Neca does nice work. Their stuff is never amazing IMO but its good.

Got mine today. The hair is much better in person. It just takes a little futzing to get it to look right. But its matches the film hair quite well really.

Not sure which one I like better: Gollum or Sméagol. They are both great and represent his too halves nicely. Although a smiling Sméagol head might have been a better choice than the worried/scared/concerned face they went with. But its definitely Sméagol and not Gollum. The even Gollum snarl is perfect for him.

Bring on Bilbo now!

Got mine today. The hair is much better in person. It just takes a little futzing to get it to look right. But its matches the film hair quite well really.

Not sure which one I like better: Gollum or Sméagol. They are both great and represent his too halves nicely. Although a smiling Sméagol head might have been a better choice than the worried/scared/concerned face they went with. But its definitely Sméagol and not Gollum. The even Gollum snarl is perfect for him.

Bring on Bilbo now!

Some pics would be great Buttmunch :wave :stick

:duff
Bill

Do you like SS PF Gollum Josh?
'cuz the NECA ones are way better...

For the record, the NECA Gollum is great for what it is, I've seen it in a B&M shop, NECA does good work! But, are you seriously saying a plastic articulated figure is way better than a high end collectible? If so, how? What makes it better?

For the record, the NECA Gollum is great for what it is, I've seen it in a B&M shop, NECA does good work! But, are you seriously saying a plastic articulated figure is way better than a high end collectible? If so, how? What makes it better?

High end is on the eyes of the beholder... being expensive or made with high quality materials doesn't make it better.
I am saying, in THIS particular case, the NECA Gollum/Smeagol looks better or closer to the source than Sideshow's. Of course, as a collectible the Sideshow one might look nice at first, but once you examine the paint-apps, the details, the textures (or lack thereof) then you see my point.
And yes, a plastic articulated figure can look a LOT better than a "high-end" overpriced statue... another example is the T-800 PF vs. the Hot Toys one... thought to be fair HT is definitely higher end than NECA. But still...

Back