Neca 1/4 Scale Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In one of the review vids I watched, I believe the reviewer said he was about 10inches tall. I also saw him in at the store and he's definitely too big for the SS 1/6 figures

Love this guy. Never have I had so much fun with a figure (especially one from a movie I've never seen all of.)
IMG_01901.jpg

IMG_01861.jpg

IMG_01921.jpg

I'm very interested in getting both although they will cost me 140 dollars (105 EUR). Are these figures heavy? I would use them as bookends.

I don't know if this has been posted yet but those who want a ring to go with the figure: buy the Riddles for the Ring set from Lego.

Ok thx. Just ordered them. They're still unavailable until January. Hopefully they arrive at the beginning of the month. Cant wait!

The sculpting ans paintjob are amazing, but the joints looks horrible.

Here a pic of Bilbo:

https://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/NECA-Bilbo-Baggins_1358352293.jpg

It would be cool if Neca brings Thorin, Lurtz and Ringwaith.

Lurtz would be cool and it still baffles me that the Ringwraith that was rumoured years ago never saw a release. 'Wraith's have a very solid track record when it comes to sales and it wouldn't have been very complicated in terms of sculpt and paint.:dunno

I know this is supposed to be 1/4 but I swear it's way too small for 1/4 I Know he's too big for 1/6 but he doesn't look too bad with them IMO I made him a custom weathered real leather loincloth and trimmed his hair, painted out doll dot.

Will paste pics later

Nice vid Ray was thinking of grabbing him sometime .I m realy suprised on how small he is and does fit well with the 1/6 which is suprising. I have the gandalf 1/4 18 inch figure and love it but no way gollum would fit with my 1/4 gandalf. Anyway nice review and customs.

Thanks highlander I really agree that he just seems too small for the 18 inch LOTR figures but might actually be in scale. Who knows, universally though the consensus seems to be that he's smaller than we expected.

I really recommend grabbing him he's really quite incredible looking as i mentioned I feel paint sculpt and plastic wise on par with the hot toys plastic figures like Avatar.

Can anyone post pictures of Neca Gollum alongside Sideshow Frodo or Sam? I want to see the size comparison. This is a great looking figure and from what I can see in Ray's video, the size should be ok, but I want to double check before I purchase it.

This is prolly my forth Gollum...

I have been waiting forever! (for a good one)

Honestly the paint from NECA is becoming sick! I specifically asked my dealer to get me one with a really good set of eyes... I dunno if they are all painted this well, but I love this guy... one of my only loose figures not in a display case (even though he was at first)

The eyes and face of the Gollum I got via Ebay are equally well painted. The only photos I have seen where Gollum's eyes were a little wonky was the one that Michael Crawford used in his review of the figure. The pupils were definitely misaligned on the one he reviewed. Hopefully that is an isolated issue.

I am still blown away by the sculpt, paint apps and articulation they achieved on this figure. It really shows that high quality paint apps are possible on mass produced and (relatively) reasonably priced figures. Looking forward to the next entries in this series. Even Bilbo, who is a logical choice but not nearly as fun design-wise, will be a likely purchase.

This is prolly my forth Gollum...

I have been waiting forever! (for a good one)

Honestly the paint from NECA is becoming sick! I specifically asked my dealer to get me one with a really good set of eyes... I dunno if they are all painted this well, but I love this guy... one of my only loose figures not in a display case (even though he was at first)

I scored a Smeagol from my local FYE last night for $16 and change. They were closing this location for good and all action figures were 70% off. I was literally shocked that nobody scooped it up. Such an awesome figure. NECA did a great job on it!

Back