Neca 1/4 Scale Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? $80 at TRU? That's good way to kill a line right off the bat. You can almost get both for that price online! With TRU being the one real place NECA stuff can be bought off line, that price will really hurt the future of this line.

I just placed my order for both for just over $100 shipped from CSC. That's like buying 1 at TRU and getting the other for only $20 :lol

Nice video review of the NECA 1/4 Gollum figure. Can't wait for him to arrive. Got him for under $50 including shipping via Ebay. Should be here in the next day or two.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVlnd0ZR8h0[/ame]

Great little review. He really does look awesome. I'm sure I'll grab either him or Smeagol at some point when I feel like blowing some money one day even though I have the PF already.

He's just too awesome.

the figure is great but the hair is distracting. too much of it and too long.

I just saw this guy at sunrise records here in toronto for $69. he;s small but looks much better in person. I think I'll wait for store without scalper prices to get them in stock tho

I wonder if NECA will make more Lord of the Rings collectibles.

If that's the case, I'd like to see how human characters turn out.

just saw this today at my local TRU. mixed feelings about it really. I like it but it didn't wow me like I had thought/hoped it would :(

Gollum arrived in the mail today. Overall, I think it is an exceptional figure and easily one of NECA's best efforts to date. The sculpting and paint are extremely well done, and the articulation is quite good. Personally, I think the paint job is as good as the work in Sideshow's 1/6 figures, and at a 1/3 of the cost. The veins on the head, arms, hands and feet are really well applied, and the paint accenting the skin texture and variations is excellent. The use of the skin colored plastic allows for some translucency in the ears which is a very cool effect.

My two minor gripes are that some of the joints are quite noticeable, and the hair (although nicely to scale) is too long and can kink up if messed with too much. I will probably give Gollum a trim which will hopefully solve that issue.

I think the visibility of the joints is to be expected in a figure that is nearly naked, with almost no clothing to hide said joints. If NECA had gone with soft rubber covering the joints, you have the eventual breakdown of the material to deal with that has been an issue in the much higher end Hot Toys figures.

I got it via Ebay for $49.33 shipped. I would definitely recommend it and I hope that NECA releases more figures in this 1/4 line.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

Thanks for the heads up. Except it made me cancel my Gollum PO and upgrade it to the Gollum + Smeagol PO. Goodbye money :(

He looks great. But why does everyone keep putting him in the phantom chair pose?? Working on his quads? :lol

That's funny! To be honest I was being lazy and basically duplicated the pose in the package. When I get back from Philly I will spend some more time posing him. He is very cool!

My preciouses should arrive tomorrow. I'm hoping he an get more crouched/crawling type poses than the squat poses most seem to have him in. I don't think he ever had more than 1 hand off the ground :lol

Back