NECA 1/4 Scale Batman Returns Danny DeVito Penguin Figure!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, the new Penguin looks fantastic. I may well bite on these to get Batman Returns fully represented in my collection. Previously I was concerned that if I bought into the Keaton Batman stuff at 1:4 scale I'd start wanting various other superheroes but I no longer think that'll happen.

Do it. Fulfill your destiny.

You won't branch out to other superhero 1/4 stuff as long as you focus. Just worry about the Bat, the Cat and the Penguin.

While you're at it, get their 7" NECA Keaton to fight your Arnolds, Aliens and Robocop.

image.jpeg

A little sad that the 1/4 T-800 isn't being shown. Kind of a bummer. I'll be disappointed if it's just Ultimate Biker T-1000 and BD t-800, with nothing new. Thought for sure he quarter scale T-800 and maybe John would be there.

You won't branch out to other superhero 1/4 stuff as long as you focus. Just worry about the Bat, the Cat and the Penguin.

While you're at it, get their 7" NECA Keaton to fight your Arnolds, Aliens and Robocop.

View attachment 278898

A little sad that the 1/4 T-800 isn't being shown. Kind of a bummer. I'll be disappointed if it's just Ultimate Biker T-1000 and BD t-800, with nothing new. Thought for sure he quarter scale T-800 and maybe John would be there.

Randy said on twitter not all of thier stuff is there. So likely tomorrow or Friday we'll see the 1/4 arnold. I don't have much hope for it since it will be all sculpted

Randy said on twitter not all of thier stuff is there. So likely tomorrow or Friday we'll see the 1/4 arnold. I don't have much hope for it since it will be all sculpted

Don't forget the Turtles.

Yeah I think I have it in me to just buy the Burton Batman stuff, I've got a corner of my room devoted to them now - the Hot Toys line - and Reeve Superman in there aswell. I'm now envisioning adding the NECA Penguin figures, Catwoman and Batman with cape in ''wings'' display - a look I've always wanted but didn't dare do with the Hot Toys figures and could never bring myself to buy multiples with those. I'd probably buy the Returns version too if I went this far.

Not sure about the 7'' figure. It looks good but if it's expensive I can live without it.

Won't lie, I'm pretty disappointed with the Terminator showing. I assumed they would use SDCC to show us something brand new but that's all stuff we've seen before one way or another and not even a lot at that. They hyped up T2's anniversary so much and....one 'kinda sorta new' figure?

Yeah I think I have it in me to just buy the Burton Batman stuff, I've got a corner of my room devoted to them now - the Hot Toys line - and Reeve Superman in there aswell. I'm now envisioning adding the NECA Penguin figures, Catwoman and Batman with cape in ''wings'' display - a look I've always wanted but didn't dare do with the Hot Toys figures and could never bring myself to buy multiples with those. I'd probably buy the Returns version too if I went this far.

Not sure about the 7'' figure. It looks good but if it's expensive I can live without it.

Won't lie, I'm pretty disappointed with the Terminator showing. I assumed they would use SDCC to show us something brand new but that's all stuff we've seen before one way or another and not even a lot at that. They hyped up T2's anniversary so much and....one 'kinda sorta new' figure?

NECA said some thing/figures will be delayed tonight cause fedex was late with thier stuff. Most likely tomorrow or Friday they said.

NECA said some thing/figures will be delayed tonight cause fedex was late with thier stuff. Most likely tomorrow or Friday they said.

I think that just pertained to their Alien stuff. I don't really wanna get my hopes up that Terminator figures were in that delayed shipment.

Toy Ark has some great photos of both figures.

Penguin looks fantastic, couldn't have asked for anything better.

SDCC-2016-NECA-Quarter-Scale-014.jpg
SDCC-2016-NECA-Quarter-Scale-015.jpg
SDCC-2016-NECA-Quarter-Scale-012.jpg
SDCC-2016-NECA-Quarter-Scale-013.jpg

That grinning face is perfect. Catwoman looks amazing too.

The only thing I'm worried about is the possibility of the legs being one solid piece.

They look great!

I think I am going to have to break my no 1/4 figures rule and get both of these. Want Hot Toy versions more but know that won't happen now and am too impatient for these to maybe be made in 6 inch form by NECA is another year or so

I wouldn't even care if the legs are fixed in a stuck position and he only has,

- a ball jointed head
- ball jointed shoulders
- elbows
- ball jointed hands
- swivel waist
- ball jointed feet

I don't even move the legs that often on my onesie, union suit Penguin, and that's the look that was most action oriented (jumping around, fighting Batman, falling etc.)

Want Hot Toy versions more but know that won't happen now and am too impatient for these to maybe be made in 6 inch form by NECA is another year or so

Yeah, I gave up on Hot Toys for any more Burton Batman stuff. Would have loved to have seen the Penguin they were working on in 2012 and of course Catwoman (and maybe another Nicholson Joker), but that ship has sailed. I'm over it.

NECA is doing a great thing with these 1/4 and 7" figures. Assuming they do Returns Batman and it's as good as these and the '89 Batman, they'll be the first company to produce all three characters as definitive action figures. Been a long time coming.

That grinning face is perfect. Catwoman looks amazing too.

The only thing I'm worried about is the possibility of the legs being one solid piece.

I don't even think the articulation has been added in so i wouldn't worry too much

Yeah, I gave up on Hot Toys for any more Burton Batman stuff. Would have loved to have seen the Penguin they were working on in 2012 and of course Catwoman (and maybe another Nicholson Joker), but that ship has sailed. I'm over it.

NECA is doing a great thing with these 1/4 and 7" figures. Assuming they do Returns Batman and it's as good as these and the '89 Batman, they'll be the first company to produce all three characters as definitive action figures. Been a long time coming.

I am still in the need for a Dx08 but the prices are putting me off. Would be happy with a Museum version but not holding my breath. The Mime version is cheap but I think I would always see it is an inferior version as it would not be the main look Joker.

I got the 7in Keaton figure last month and love it. WIll probably still get a Penguin and Catwoman to go with him at some point. But these 1/4 would make a great display piece together.

Now NECA need to make those just shown 1990 Ninja Turtles in 6in scale too - they are amazing!!!!!!

I am still in the need for a Dx08 but the prices are putting me off. Would be happy with a Museum version but not holding my breath. The Mime version is cheap but I think I would always see it is an inferior version as it would not be the main look Joker

Arguably a better likeness on the mime version. The figure looks great but yeah, it's far from the most iconic look. If you only have one it needs to be the more traditional Joker look.

I don't know what you're willing to spend on a DX 08 Pug, but if you look around, I think you can get one for around what he originally cost.

A friend and me were talking and he thinks the Penguin's pants are actual cloth. I think they're were sculpted, but everytime I look at it in those Toy Ark photos with the brightness up, it kind of looks like real cloth. I honestly can't tell. If they're fabric that would be awesome. It looks pretty seamless to the rest of the body. The jacket and robe too.

Honestly, I couldn't see Hot Toys doing much better than what NECA has done with Penguin and Catwoman here.

Sucks balls that Hot Toys is the only one that has/had Nicholson's likeness rights. There's so many cool collectibles that could be done of him.

Back