Eternal - 1/6 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure went from hero at prototype to apparent zero with the initial production photos.

Once in hand he gradually transformed, if not back to hero status, to at least a very respectable state of villainy.

He's hard to photograph and looks much better in hand. As the old chestnut goes, "photos don't do him justice". Hence every time I go into the collection room and he catches my eye I'm very pleasantly surprised all over again.

View attachment 680486

View attachment 680487
I'm with you on that I have him too

Does anyone know where else I could get the replacement cigar for the Eternal toys penguin I lost mine I can't find it on eBay or anywhere I find cigars but not like the one that he had

Does anyone know where else I could get the replacement cigar for the Eternal toys penguin I lost mine I can't find it on eBay or anywhere I find cigars but not like the one that he had
Could you try contacting the retailer you bought it from and have them contact Eternal Toys for a replacement cigar?

They probably made extras of the figure and accessories to account for defective or lost units.

I feel your pain since I temporarily lost the cigarette from Kurt Cobain (Blitzway) - when I realized it was missing, I frantically searched for several minutes sifting through the carpets. Luckily, I had not vacuumed. It was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Toy Anxiety and Monkey Depot are a couple places that part out figures but you mentioned you had exhausted all your options already.

Could you try contacting the retailer you bought it from and have them contact Eternal Toys for a replacement cigar?

They probably made extras of the figure and accessories to account for defective or lost units.

I feel your pain since I temporarily lost the cigarette from Kurt Cobain (Blitzway) - when I realized it was missing, I frantically searched for several minutes sifting through the carpets. Luckily, I had not vacuumed. It was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Toy Anxiety and Monkey Depot are a couple places that part out figures but you mentioned you had exhausted all your options already.
Yeah thanks I'll see what I can do I have a feeling it's around somewhere but like you said it's a needle and a haystack and I don't think I'm going to find it but I saw one online before and now I can't find one again

Yeah, I couldn't stand watching that vid - its one thing to say "its flawed but I want a Devito Penguin enough to put up with it" and then there is kissing ass and Justin was in full kissing ass mode here, practically wetting himself to praise ET for not giving out the absolute bare minimum.

An interesting note from Kit when ordering this:

EternalToysOneSixthKit.png

I'm in no hurry, so I think I'll wait for Mars.

An interesting note from Kit when ordering this:

View attachment 690273

I'm in no hurry, so I think I'll wait for Mars.
Not the first time Kits done that.

He knows we’re a fickle bunch and will jump ship as soon as something newer and shinier is dangled in front of our faces.

Yeah, I couldn't stand watching that vid - its one thing to say "its flawed but I want a Devito Penguin enough to put up with it" and then there is kissing ass and Justin was in full kissing ass mode here, practically wetting himself to praise ET for not giving out the absolute bare minimum.

:lecture

"I don't mind that his hat is beaten up because it suits his beaten up appearance. However, I'm going to use this posh $8 hat instead because it isn't beaten up." :rolleyes:

His reviews always creep me out. I appreciate the clarity of the video, but I have to mute the sound. He's so affected when speaking that nothing sounds natural or sincere. Text to speech or AI sounds more human.
LOL! To each their own. I prefer Justin's instructional. I regard it over some others because he does some good comparisons as well as mixing different parts with previous iterations to see if things fit. Always he's refined and honed it over the years which means he's listening and refining his craft.

Yep.
The guy creeps me out - he like, physically, repulses me sometimes - so fake its galling.

LOL! To each their own. I prefer Justin's instructional. I regard it over some others because he does some good comparisons as well as mixing different parts with previous iterations to see if things fit. Always he's refined and honed it over the years which means he's listening and refining his craft.

Love or hate him, you have to give him his flowers for having one of the more successful figure channels and making it his full time business.

Think of him like McDonalds or Target - appeals to the masses, generic but consistent presentation across the board with a wide array of products. If you want something more botique, you have channels like DeanKnight, etc.

I’m guessing you’re referring to him being “fake,” like some claim Jimmy Fallon to be. I think that’s just his style - he was slightly different in early reviews but refined it to appeal to the masses.

The bigger concerns are the ethical ones when reviews or opinions might be influenced by affiliates (i.e. Toys Blunderland) or receiving early, discounted or free products. The more successful one becomes, the more difficult it is to maintain integrity.

i forget which channel it was but Stallone Shop sent an early figure (First Blood?) to a channel for a supposed unbiased review and the reviewer said it was a great headsculpt when a objective person would probably have a different opinion.

I do miss the early days of watching ClipperKing, Budget Stark and Sean Long but there are so many more options and resources today. The stewards of this hobby will constantly change but the overall industry and collectors will endure eternally.

Last edited:
Back