NECA: 1/4 Christopher Reeve Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't too fond of the Chris Reeve likeness on this NECA 1/4 piece, but then I saw pics of the production release of the Sideshow Chris Reeve PF and...wow. You think the NECA figure looks off? Go look at what Sideshow put out at 4 times the cost. Sideshow's piece makes NECA's look MUCH better by comparison. It's a shame really, considering Sideshow did such a good job on Keaton. NECA got Keaton right, too. Keaton's likeness must be easier to sculpt than Reeve's.
Yea, I mentioned about the PF a few pages back. Such a shame these both are not turning out well.

Yea, I mentioned about the PF a few pages back. Such a shame these both are not turning out well.

Agreed. Reeve is the quintessential Superman for me and it is so disappointing that neither company is giving us a truly great version of this character. Both companies did great with their respective Keaton Batman figures so that makes it sting even worse.

well yeh it usually looks a fair bit better when you have these in hand, pictures don't always do neca's 1/4 figures much justice, ..with this in mind i think it will be enough for me say yes to this.

It's still the best 1/4 Reeve Superman figure available at the end of the day so I'm sure that I'll end up buying it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. I just don't get the elitist mentality statue collectors seem to have. There are people in that Reeve PF thread that knows it sucks and are still keeping their orders anyway. Makes no sense to me.

Same. I just don't get the elitist mentality statue collectors seem to have. There are people in that Reeve PF thread that knows it sucks and are still keeping their orders anyway. Makes no sense to me.

Is it just me or do they all seem to have some major :slap about them, these PFs? I mean even if the Superman one had a decent pose that S shield just completely ruins it beyond belief.

And the T2 BD one was arguably worse with that polo neck T-shirt, chest BD way too low, crap pose, barely there likeness, inaccurate facial BD...jeez

10860966_10153169675761096_1338397920514619369_o.jpg

I think yours looks much better.

You inspired me to have a fiddle in photoshop to work out what changes I can make to the figure when I have it in hand. I think the forehead is much too big, and the brow needs altering to cheer him up a bit. Also a bit of a tweak to the mouth to hint at a smile. Unless there are some changes to the prototype, I think I'll be doing some resculpting to mine.

Supes retool.jpg

This is looking better after seeing that mess that sideshow came up with. I've been spoiled by Hot Toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c'mon you can't blame the SS PF reeve buyers lol, I mean how many were contemplating getting it anyway, because they maybe had that feeling that they would never ever see another reeve this size, I was tempted on a few occasions myself...but it really was that bad :thud:

This is sad that neca is actually kicking sideshow's butt. :slap
Did SS creative director not look at that headsculpt and think, hmmmm...maybe we need to fix that.

I wanted to say something comparing it to SS a few days ago but I figured i why keep shooting a dead horse.

Them statue only collectors are really hard to understand for sure.

The man of PVC, that battle damaged T-800 and now this. The level of blindness is incredible.

You could surf on that hair of his. I'm content with the Hot Toys Reeves Superman. Other than Superman II the other movies sucked sack anyways.

:lol I don't know why, but this looks super funny and creepy to me :lol

It's the realistic eyes maybe :lol

I just watched a campy 80's horror movie called Dolls about a bunch of dolls that come to life and kill people. That picture kind of reminds me of the creepy dolls in that movie.

Back