NECA: 1/4 Christopher Reeve Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I've noticed, the most recent Neca figure that was WOW from prototype to production is the 1989 Batman. Mine is arriving on Monday, but since I'm such a Chris Reeve fanatic, it's really hard for me too fault this figure too much. Very cool too see Neca tackle this.

Joey.

Head sculpt looks fine, obviously not going to be Hot Toys quality. I just hope they come out with a 7" version. I could use Superman on Blu Ray...
If there was a Superman game released alongside the movie(s) that may happen, but I don't think there are. I would LOVE a 7" inch Reeve alongside that fantastic Keaton

The sculpt looks fine, but I agree on the head sculpt. Looks ok.

I am really glad they didn't add any abdomen articulation! I think it looks decent, but I feel like the head looks almost more like Brandon Routh in some ways haha.

I pulled these off Facebook

10978609_904379822935971_1796159636674946418_n.jpg10983192_904379846269302_4050033348328617009_n.jpg

Nice! Thanks for the better and closer pics. A definite buy. Might get two. Whoever did the sculpt on this one did better than they did on Cavill, Downey or Hemsworth. It doesn't have that pinched look around the eyes.

It is now down to waiting.

Yup, it also came out better than NECA's MoS, at least you can tell this guy's supposed to be Reeve.

and the sculpt and joints came out perfectly considering there's no place to hide the joints, jeez is anything NECA can't do?

I'm happy with both the head and body sculpts. Not feeling the cape though. Looks too thick and doesn't lay right around the neck. But yea definite first day purchase for me! May also get two. YEA! So happy! Love NECA:clap

Really been wanting a hot toys Reeve but can't justify the nearly 300 bucks so this is just what the doctor ordered!

Not holding out much hope for this figure. NECA's human paint apps far way short, but I do like the way this proto looks if you crop some of the hair off:
2m842gj.jpg

I like how this turned out. I'm sure the end figure won't look as good with the way 1/4 paint applications have been going but I'm usually not that picky. Maybe NECA can get a deal with DC to release a 6 inch figure with a blu-ray deluxe edition of the 78 movie.

Not holding out much hope for this figure. NECA's human paint apps far way short, but I do like the way this proto looks if you crop some of the hair off:
2m842gj.jpg

Yeah,the hair is a little tall.:lol

The rest is great though!
There's obviously room for improvement,but I'd gladly buy what we're seeing here.

Back