Neca 1/4 BATMAN RETURNS Michelle Pfeiffer CATWOMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Experimenting with a different type of wire for the neon sign. This stuff looks amazing but has some limitations in terms of longevity. let me know what you all think!

Experimenting with a different type of wire for the neon sign. This stuff looks amazing but has some limitations in terms of longevity. let me know what you all think!

Like how long that would sucks if it wore out 2 or 3 years....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looks like no Returns Batman this year unless Randy is lying who knows....

Screenshot_2017-01-04-12-19-57.jpg

Like how long that would sucks if it wore out 2 or 3 years....

Yeah that is totally my concern. Unfortunately EL wire relies on a chemical reaction. That means the reaction can essentially be depleted over time, causing the wirse to lose its luminosity, or brightness, over time. And yeas, as I mentioned in the first post and as you reiterated, 2-3 years to lose half it's brightness is average. This means it won't be DEAD in 2-3 years, but it won't be as bright as it started out. For this reason, as AMAZING as the EL wire looks, I'm just not sure it is the right thing for this project.

I am still looking into the laser wire, however if I cannot find an effective way to light it with an LED source (my initial tests were promising but have not panned out into a practical application yet) then cost may be prohibitive. To light the wire with the laser that is recommended, a sign would likely cost in the range of $200! To me that is not acceptable. SO... I either find an alternative way to light this awesome fiber (and I have REsent my email to the company as I have not heard back from them in awhile) OR I try a different technique altogether.

I already have some materials for a third technique to replicate neon (#1 is laser wire, #2 is EL wire, and now this third one) using acrylic and plain old LEDs. Once I get a little test setup done I will be sure to post it.

0770d69ce059a2ca4522ae8d10b144ea.jpg

I think with how many new movies coming it would make sense that NECA would want to space out the licenses giving that there will probably be a Batman figure coming this year? We're already getting Catwoman and mayor Penguin in 2017. Along with the rest of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Leo,Raph,Mikey) There's not a lot of room left for other properties. There's not doubt that more Marvel figures will be coming. Slot in an alien or predator would pretty much conclude 2017.

I think with how many new movies coming it would make sense that NECA would want to space out the licenses giving that there will probably be a Batman figure coming this year? We're already getting Catwoman and mayor Penguin in 2017. Along with the rest of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Leo,Raph,Mikey) There's not a lot of room left for other properties. There's not doubt that more Marvel figures will be coming. Slot in an alien or predator would pretty much conclude 2017.

I did ask if any new Batman related 1/4's are coming besides Catwoman and Penguin he did say that there is. So my guess is Arkham Joker. JL isn't out til NOV and I really doubt there gonna do another Affleck Batman so soon.... So I have no clue what else could be Batman related if no Batman Returns Batman besides an Arkham Joker... But then again he's lied about an figure not being made before.

Randy also said recently that there are many more DC 1/4 figures coming this year. There will most certainly be more than just Catwoman and Mayor Penguin.

Last year I believe we got a total of 12 1/4 figures, 14 if you count the re-release of 89 Batman and Master Chief. Of those 12 new figures, 3 of them were DC. I would expect something similar this year, but more likely 4 or possibly 5 DC figures.

Maybe Mayor Penguin (shipping now), followed shortly by Catwoman. Then we might get an Arkham Joker reveal at Toy Fair (with a targeted release of July), and hopefully a Batman Returns suit reveal at SDCC (with a targeted release of November). Then maybe throw in a surprise, unexpected character into the mix. Who knows for certain, but that's my prediction.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Randy also said recently that there are many more DC 1/4 figures coming this year. There will most certainly be more than just Catwoman and Mayor Penguin.

Last year I believe we got a total of 12 1/4 figures, 14 if you count the re-release of 89 Batman and Master Chief. Of those 12 new figures, 3 of them were DC. I would expect something similar this year, but more likely 4 or possibly 5 DC figures.

Maybe Mayor Penguin (shipping now), followed shortly by Catwoman. Then we might get an Arkham Joker reveal at Toy Fair (with a targeted release of July), and hopefully a Batman Returns suit reveal at SDCC (with a targeted release of November). Then maybe throw in a surprise, unexpected character into the mix. Who knows for certain, but that's my prediction.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah Arkham Joker is pretty much an given... I don't see them doing another Affleck Batman anytime soon nor do I want them to make an suit from that movie.. Just that suit ugh... My guess would be Arkham Joker and Returns Batman as for the other 3 DC figures who knows.. MAYBE Wonder Woman...

Yeah Arkham Joker is pretty much an given... I don't see them doing another Affleck Batman anytime soon nor do I want them to make an suit from that movie.. Just that suit ugh... My guess would be Arkham Joker and Returns Batman as for the other 3 DC figures who knows.. MAYBE Wonder Woman...

Perhaps Suicide Squad. I know Randy said no to SS but he did say no to Arkham Harley and TMNT and look what happened with those two.

Perhaps they're planning comic based figures not unlike the superb NECA comic Deadpool?

All I know is, if there is a 1/4 Batman there that isn't Returns, I'll be pissed. Like I'm okay if it's like an Arkham Joker or a villain from something else (unless it's Bane) or whatever but if it's Arkham City Batman, TDK Bale Batman, or Justice League Affleck instead, that will be a huge disappointment.

Then I think back to how they lied about Penguin not having fabric pants, or how they lied when they said they had "no plans" to rerelease the 1/4 1989, or how a 7" Batman was impossible or how they're not doing a 7" Muhammad Ali and I think maybe, just maybe they're lying to keep a Returns Batman underwraps.

I mean, I can't think of a more obvious quarter scale release from them. It's a no brainer. Their '89 was developed way back in 2012. They've done TWO Devito Penguins and Catwoman will be arriving in hand soon. Not only that but they love reusing parts and they already have that Keaton head underneath the mask, the belt is already sculpted and they have the tooling for atleast the grapple gun. Then you take into account that it's the 25th anniversary for Batman Returns and I just don't see how their next 1/4 DC release isn't Batman Returns Batman.

All I know is, if there is a 1/4 Batman there that isn't Returns, I'll be pissed. Like I'm okay if it's like an Arkham Joker or a villain from something else (unless it's Bane) or whatever but if it's Arkham City Batman, TDK Bale Batman, or Justice League Affleck instead, that will be a huge disappointment.

Then I think back to how they lied about Penguin not having fabric pants, or how they lied when they said they had "no plans" to rerelease the 1/4 1989, or how a 7" Batman was impossible or how they're not doing a 7" Muhammad Ali and I think maybe, just maybe they're lying to keep a Returns Batman underwraps.

I mean, I can't think of a more obvious quarter scale release from them. It's a no brainer. Their '89 was developed way back in 2012. They've done TWO Devito Penguins and Catwoman will be arriving in hand soon. Not only that but they love reusing parts and they already have that Keaton head underneath the mask, the belt is already sculpted and they have the tooling for atleast the grapple gun. Then you take into account that it's the 25th anniversary for Batman Returns and I just don't see how their next 1/4 DC release isn't Batman Returns Batman.

All they need to do with the Returns suit is sculpt a new Cowl and chest plate. That's it.

Back