Neca 1/4 BATMAN RETURNS Michelle Pfeiffer CATWOMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far every Neca 1/4 figure I have owned has been pretty much on par in terms of thier proto vs actual product. That was 2008 NECA..... Much different.

The Mayor Penguin is going to go great with Catwoman.
For those who aren't in the loop:
b8af6b26efa0991ade65b3d9754cf803.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing I don't like about Catwoman is the expression on the normal head is too blank. Some sort of mischievous smile might have been better. As it stands it's neither good for a fight scene or any other scene that really demonstrates her character.

Anyway, just put in an order for her. She, Mayor Penguin and Returns Batman are the most important. Since they've done 2 Penguins I figure Returns Batman is inevitable at this point.

I may still order the first Penguin and '89 Batman though. I'll be keeping an eye on stock numbers for those....

Last edited:
Only thing I don't like about Catwoman is the expression on the normal head is too blank. Some sort of mischievous smile might have been better. As it stands it's neither good for a fight scene or any other scene that really demonstrates her character.

Anyway, just put in an order for her. She, Mayor Penguin and Returns Batman are the most important. Since they've done 2 Penguins I figure Returns Batman is inevitable at this point.

I may still order the first Penguin and '89 Batman though. I'll be keeping an eye on stock numbers for those....

I have the 89 and 1st Penguin both solid figures.... I'm getting an 2nd 89 to get battle damaged look done up by TWayne. But in all you won't regret getting these figures. The head on normal Catwoman could change as the penguin changed two head sculpts before having the screaming one.

Only thing I don't like about Catwoman is the expression on the normal head is too blank. Some sort of mischievous smile might have been better.
I agree. Since this is technically a battle damaged Catwoman, I wonder if we'll see a "clean" version released next year with a more expressive face. That's my big hesitation in picking this one up. As it stands, I much prefer the mayor Penguin to the first release. I've had the fur coat version for a couple months now, but thankfully it's not too late for me to return him for a refund. I don't have the space or the desire to display two 1/4 scale Danny DeVito figures.

I have the 89 and 1st Penguin both solid figures.... I'm getting an 2nd 89 to get battle damaged look done up by TWayne. But in all you won't regret getting these figures. The head on normal Catwoman could change as the penguin changed two head sculpts before having the screaming one.

I'm still slightly tentative about it. It's why I like BBTS in that you can cancel without repercussions - conceivably finances could force me to cancel later.

What's really appealing to me right now though is I've isolated a corner of my display room exclusively for my Burton Batman stuff from Hot Toys and I can see the potential for NECA's 1:4 figures displayed in a tiered way alongside those. I could have a nice focus going on there without necessarily triggering my collector brain to suddenly require a whole bunch of other superheroes because hey, they wouldn't even fit. And I want to keep like-subject matter together rather than shoehorning it wherever it happens to fit in a disorganised way.

I agree. Since this is technically a battle damaged Catwoman, I wonder if we'll see a "clean" version released next year with a more expressive face. That's my big hesitation in picking this one up. As it stands, I much prefer the mayor Penguin to the first release. I've had the fur coat version for a couple months now, but thankfully it's not too late for me to return him for a refund. I don't have the space or the desire to display two 1/4 scale Danny DeVito figures.

I hadn't considered the possibility of them doing a second Catwoman. Seems like it'd be risky to assume it and skip this one though. In the case of Penguin a second figure was more justifiable because it's a significantly different outfit.

Only thing I don't like about Catwoman is the expression on the normal head is too blank..

She looks like shes going to vomit.

The second head is better and thats whats making me buy this.

Obviously I prefer the angry head, but I think the neutral one is fine. I would have preferred a little bit of mischief in the expression like a slight, seductive smile or something, but atleast this sculpt looks like her.

Looks like that disgusted face she had when she's on the Rooftop with Penguin right before he betrays her and hangs her with the umbrella.

I too would like a more expressive face but can't see them doing another sleeker Catwoman without the rips in her costume. I think they compromised this version to work with both heads as she had a lot more damage to her costume in the film.

I too would like a more expressive face but can't see them doing another sleeker Catwoman without the rips in her costume. I think they compromised this version to work with both heads as she had a lot more damage to her costume in the film.

The look they went for was after her first battle with Batman she didn't get the severe damaged look until she fell from penguins umbrella through the glass.

That's true I didn't think about the truck and glasshouse scenes. I was thinking more about the final scenes look.

Yeah I'm gonna buy two and have her modded to the Battle Damaged look.

Hair looks less yellow under the lights in these new pics, glad to see that.

Damaged head sculpt does not look too bad. I would tweak the other expressionless face a bit. I just hope NECA does this figure justice. Penguin looks ok, whereas Batman is nowhere near the hot toys version I think, so fingers crossed on this one.

Damaged head sculpt does not look too bad. I would tweak the other expressionless face a bit. I just hope NECA does this figure justice. Penguin looks ok, whereas Batman is nowhere near the hot toys version I think, so fingers crossed on this one.

I think he's a little better than 'ok' to be fair.

You can't compare hot toys to neca. Not the same scale let alone the same price point. One is $100 and one is 250+.... IF hot toys made an 1/4 89 Batman or Returns it would be 500+...

You can't compare hot toys to neca. Not the same scale let alone the same price point. One is $100 and one is 250+.... IF hot toys made an 1/4 89 Batman or Returns it would be 500+...

IF hot toys actually made an effort to pump those figures out in the first place as planned I would not have to compare. Their abandonment of the line has probably been covered too many times already. I think NECA does a decent job for the price point as you mentioned. I will pick this one up only if I'm satisfied with the on release photos. I've still got a glimmer of hope however that hot toys might randomly give penguin and catwoman a chance when the next batman film comes out.

Back