Neca 1/4 BATMAN RETURNS Michelle Pfeiffer CATWOMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I need a Penguin now.
I wish I had known and grabbed one when Toys R Us here had them clearanced for $64!!!!

OR maybe I'll just get Catwoman?

7" scale I'd grab all 3 no question. But 1/4 scale? Dunno. Catwoman no mwatter what YES, Batman probably, Penguin...as much as I love him, not sure.

The Penguin is a fantastic figure. Before I got him, I was like "Do I really need a 1:4 Penguin in my collection?". I ended up just going for it and I am so happy I did. It's one of the nicest looking figure in my entire collection. I highly recommend picking him up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really should just pay the fee for Nicholson's likeness, charge $150 per figure, and make like 3 variants. Just milk it. It would sell like crazy, and I would definitely be willing to pay a bit more to have his Joker in my collection.

They'd prob have to charge at least $300 per figure. And who would really pay that besides die hard collectors... Your normal Neca collectors wouldn't thats for sure.

They'd prob have to charge at least $300 per figure. And who would really pay that besides die hard collectors... Your normal Neca collectors wouldn't thats for sure.

Were/are the Hot Toys Nicholson Jokers more expensive than the avarage HT figures?

I'm talking about when they were released/ original price.

Were/are the Hot Toys Nicholson Jokers more expensive than the avarage HT figures?

I'm talking about when they were released/ original price.

Whoops my bad... But yeah they would prob have to charge $200 and most would not pay that cause NECA is not an high end company....

Whoops my bad... But yeah they would prob have to charge $200 and most would not pay that cause NECA is not an high end company....

Just found out the Hot Toys Nicholson Jokers were $250 when released in 2012 and HT Keaton Batman was $250, too.
So, HT didn't charged more for Joker just because it is based on Nicholson.

Don't know what would happen with a NECA Nicholson Joker....

Just found out the Hot Toys Nicholson Jokers were $250 when released in 2012 and HT Keaton Batman was $250, too.
So, HT didn't charged more for Joker just because it is based on Nicholson.

Don't know what would happen with a NECA Nicholson Joker....

I could of sworn Joker was $260 and Batman was $220

As cool as Penguin looks, I'm just gonna hold out and hope for a 7" scale one.
I just do not NEED a 1/4 scale Penguin. For the most part I prefer to keep 1/4 scale to something very special...like this Catwoman.

BUT, instead of Penguin, I'll put the money towards Donatello instead. I know if I don't get the 90's turtles I'll end up HIGHLY regretting that decision.

NECA has crossed over now that they do $200+ Quarter Scale Hulk figures and $1000+ latex life size figures.

Would anyone here really mind if NECA charged us customers more if they made figures like Peter Weller and Jack Nicholson a premium to offset the fees and still profit?

Even though I already have the Hot Toys figures, I'd pay $190 for any 1/4 Nicholson Joker and/or $70 for a 7" figure in the same vein as their blu ray/dvd promotion figures. Same with a unmasked Robocop

Wouldn't you guys? I think a lot of people would. Unless I'm wrong and people would scoff at the price of course. If the cost of likeness and lack of profit is an issue, just upcharge the figures and pass it on to the buyers. As long as the quality control wasn't crap and I didn't have to worry about a broken Murphy or Joker, I'd pay the premium. Hell, Randy has talked about subscriptions for the promotional DC/WB figures, I'd go on a subscription for the Joker.

Think of all the potential they'd have for retools and repaints too. Movie variants, sequel variants, Kenner tributes, video game, 1/4, 7". Look how they've milked Predator and Terminator. They could milk those two.

1.jpg
2.jpg
30.jpg

4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

Yeah I mena tons of ppl passed on 89 Keaton now it goes for $175+

Yeah I was sucka missing out on Keaton Bats when it released. Even spotted one about two years ago in Forbidden Planet London for slightly higher than what I would pay on eBay, but passed at the chance. I'll get the Returns version next year if it comes, for sure.

And from my understanding about the whole Jack Nicholson Joker, Randy said a few years back that, and please correct me if I'm wrong as it's been a while, no one holds the likeness rights to his character so NECA would have to pay Jack a fee to get his rights. For the scale and price they produce their figures at, it was just way too expensive for them. Something along those lines anyway.

NECA has crossed over now that they do $200+ Quarter Scale Hulk figures and $1000+ latex life size figures.

Would anyone here really mind if NECA charged us customers more if they made figures like Peter Weller and Jack Nicholson a premium to offset the fees and still profit?

Even though I already have the Hot Toys figures, I'd pay $190 for any 1/4 Nicholson Joker and/or $70 for a 7" figure in the same vein as their blu ray/dvd promotion figures. Same with a unmasked Robocop

Wouldn't you guys? I think a lot of people would. Unless I'm wrong and people would scoff at the price of course. If the cost of likeness and lack of profit is an issue, just upcharge the figures and pass it on to the buyers. As long as the quality control wasn't crap and I didn't have to worry about a broken Murphy or Joker, I'd pay the premium. Hell, Randy has talked about subscriptions for the promotional DC/WB figures, I'd go on a subscription for the Joker.

Think of all the potential they'd have for retools and repaints too. Movie variants, sequel variants, Kenner tributes, video game, 1/4, 7". Look how they've milked Predator and Terminator. They could milk those two.

I would buy a full BD Robocop with unmasked Weller likeness for sure. Although I have to say it wouldn't be the most exciting thing ever when I've got the Hot Toys one. I don't think Robocop can generally be done full justice at low-end. Hot Toys were able to put in incredible detail and realism, unbelievable articulation considering how limiting the actual suit is, and a paintjob which (although frustratingly inaccurate) is beautiful and befitting high-end. A 7'' low end figure just can't quite cut it with this particular character.

But as I said, I have bought most of the NECA Robocops to date and their ED-209 which was definitely worthwhile (accurate sounds and it'll probably outlast the Hot Toys one) so I would certainly buy a full BD Robocop for completist sake.

The Penguin is a fantastic figure. Before I got him, I was like "Do I really need a 1:4 Penguin in my collection?". I ended up just going for it and I am so happy I did. It's one of the nicest looking figure in my entire collection. I highly recommend picking him up.

He really is fantastic. My NECA Penguin's displayed next to my other Batman-line figures and statues from high-end brands and you can't tell that Oswald's just a quarter of the others' prices. All it takes is a couple of minutes to futz his hair, his hat and overcoat and he'd look like a more expensive collectible. Looking forward to a Batman Returns figure from NECA :)

Was going through screen shots and looks like this is what NECA soley based Catwoman off of(costume wise)

batman-returns-disneyscreencaps.com-7547.jpg
batman-returns-disneyscreencaps.com-9067.jpg
batman-returns-disneyscreencaps.com-7282.jpg
batman-returns-disneyscreencaps.com-8838.jpg

Last edited:
I like how they made her costume slightly torn up, so it looks good with her normal headsculpt and for the battle damaged one.

Neca Twitter just said if sales are strong for catwoman then they'll do a batman returns bat. Since we know sales will be strong, looks like bats is locked in.

Back