NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the re-release 1/4 scale 89 Bats at my local Toys R Us and it could just be me, but I thought that his face actually looked a bit improved over the old one. It looks like they shortened the face (old one was a bit long)...

Buying Neca stuff right away doesn't really make sense anymore. It seems like they re-release everything now new and improved.

Hm, would be interesting to see proof of that. They definitely need to improve the hip articulation, which seems to tilt after a while.
Is anyone besides Tony producing 1/4 BATMAN 1989 capes?

I ordered a NECA ¼ scale 1989 Batman figure from Toys R Us’s web site this month, and I received it yesterday.

I have no idea if it’s the original, or a re-release, but I can tell you, one of the arms on the grappling hook is broke off, and the holster for the grappling gun is broke as well.

The eyes on mine are very poorly painted. The retina of his left eye is way too close to his nose. (it looks like he is trying to look at his own nose. with that eye)

It’s, by far, the lightest NECA ¼ figure I own. Most of my MECA figures have a real heft to them, that makes me feel like I got my moneys worth, but this one is so light that it feels more like one of those cheep Jakks Pacific figures.

The worst part (for me anyway) Is that I wanted to display it with the cape spread out like bat wings, but for the life of me, I can’t find any wholes in the cape to put the rods in. I have looked up and down ,the edge of that cape a dozen, or more, times, with a magnifier, and I see no sign of any wholes, or openings, for rods..

If anyone has any tips, info, pics, etc, to help me find those wholes, I would really apreciat it.

I ordered a NECA ¼ scale 1989 Batman figure from Toys R Us’s web site this month, and I received it yesterday.

I have no idea if it’s the original, or a re-release, but I can tell you, one of the arms on the grappling hook is broke off, and the holster for the grappling gun is broke as well.

It’s, by far, the lights NECA ¼ figure I own. Most of my MECA figures have a real heft to them, that makes me feel like I got my moneys worth, but this one is so light that it feels more like one of those cheep Jakks Pacific figures.

The worst part (for me anyway) Is that I wanted to display it with the cape spread out like bat wings, but for the life of me, I can’t find any wholes in the cape to put the rods in. I have looked up and down ,the edge of that cape a dozen, or more, times, with a magnifier, and I see no sign of any wholes, or openings, for rods..

If anyone has any tips, info, pics, etc, to help me find those wholes, I would really apreciat it.

The holes in the fabric (on mine anyway) were really tiny. I could barely find them as they looked almost like tiny folds in the fabric. I had to take a sharp knife and gently widen the slits in the fabric just to get the rods to fit.

I giggled a few times while I typed that, btw.

The eyes on mine are very poorly painted. The retina of his left eye is way too close to his nose. (it looks like he is trying to look at his own nose. with that eye)

It’s, by far, the lightest NECA ¼ figure I own. Most of my MECA figures have a real heft to them, that makes me feel like I got my moneys worth, but this one is so light that it feels more like one of those cheep Jakks Pacific figures.

Contact NECA CS on twitter they will hook you up. His eyes on the original were poorly painted as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The holes in the fabric (on mine anyway) were really tiny. I could barely find them as they looked almost like tiny folds in the fabric. I had to take a sharp knife and gently widen the slits in the fabric just to get the rods to fit.

I giggled a few times while I typed that, btw.

Rods and holes boys, rods and holes.

Contact NECA CS on twitter they will hook you up. His eyes on the original were poorly painted as well.

They'll just tell Jason to contact whichever retailer he bought it from. I don't think NECA is ever accountable unless it was purchased from their ebay store. :lol

They'll just tell Jason to contact whichever retailer he bought it from. I don't think NECA is ever accountable unless it was purchased from their ebay store. [emoji38]
Negative they sent me an replacement for my missing Begins Batman sonar remote when I ordered from BBTS.

Negative they sent me an replacement for my missing Begins Batman sonar remote when I ordered from BBTS.

Oh cool, that's actually a bit surprising. NECA usually just tells people to ask whichever retailer they bought it from, like TRU.

I remember when I bought their 7" West Batman figure they forgot to include the accessory tray and I had to exchange it for another at my local TRU. Sadly, I think they may have put the one I returned back onto the sales floor.

Theres a little trick to it though. You have to contact their customer service through twitter, and sometimes Randy himself on there. Cool thing is they sometimes will still have parts from oop figures laying around. They even sent me a foot for the SDCC Rambo figure once, since mine had two left feet. And now he can finally dance on the corpses of evil.

Got him for Christmas
10c9c95ad3c830e3956da32012ece052.jpg

Who else has loose hip joint on this guy anyway to fix it?

Back