NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA really didn't cut any corners with the full HS. But I am almost positive this already means they are planning either an unmasked version or ripped cowl batman returns version. There's no way they would pay the extra money to make a full Keaton head sculpt only to hide it behind a cowl.

Just look at NECA's 1/4 predator line, for instance. They reused the same P1 body for all three versions of the P1 predator and they also reused that same body for several other 1/4 scale predators. NECA just basically made a new head or repainted the body and sold it as a completely new predator. They saved a **** ton of money by just recycling the same body.

NECA didn't cut corners on the Keaton figure, but they're also gonna get their money's worth out of that head.

Last edited:
NECA really didn't cut any corners with the full HS. But I am almost positive this already means they are planning either an unmasked version or ripped cowl batman returns version. There's no way they would pay the extra money to make a full Keaton head sculpt only to hide it behind a cowl.

Just look at NECA's 1/4 predator line, for instance. They reused the same P1 body for all three versions of the P1 predator and they also reused that same body for several other 1/4 scale predators. NECA just basically made a new head or repainted the body and sold it as a completely new predator. They saved a **** ton of money by just recycling the same body.

NECA didn't cut corners on the Keaton figure, but they're also gonna get their money's worth out of that head.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

LOL, I literally just unmasked my Keaton batman and was about to post pics, but Sallah beat me to the punch!!! :lol

Will post them anyway, just so you guys can get more angles.

View attachment 70958

Enjoy!

Saigon, did you put cloth on the west batman? I was thinking the same thing and that definitely looks AWESOME. Any links to more pics and maybe how you pulled it off.

NECA, are you reading this? Superb job going the extra mile. We love you.

citizen_cane.gif

IF NECA continues to go the extra mile on sculpts for figures like this plus if they improve the joints by concealing them or using new materials, they could be on the verge of really reinventing themselves as a high end manufacturer.

FINALLY someone found out whats was under the mask. Crossing my fingers for an unmasked sculpt but it seems like a big waste of time to go through the trouble of sculpting hair on a masked figure if something wasn't in the works.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if the sculpt would be re-used for a BR ripped cowl variant. IMO their Keaton sculpt deserves to be seen out of the cowl, seeing that it's one of their better human sculpts lately in terms of likeness, compared to their 1/4 MoS, Dutch, and Tony Stark.

Randy hooked me up with the unmasked pic!!!!

I have no doubt that they are thinking ahead to Batman Returns now... :)

Sallah

No no that's all wrong when the mask comes off his make up vanishes! Haha jk that's an incredible sculpt!!!!

“@Cerrano18: @NECA_TOYS @1989batmanmovie Wow, that looks great. Does that mean there is an official unmasked version coming?” NO

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/419159975676870657

I'm guessing they can't say it officially not at least for a few more months. I would be very surprised if they didn't try using that headsculpt but I guess it sorta makes sense since Keaton never removed his mask in 89. Its definitely going to be handy whenever they do a Returns Suit.

Back