NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That face is pretty much dead on to this,

9302087397_fbb90b3fa9_b.jpg

Man this looks great. But how goodvthey get this and the West Batman to look great, but fail so so bad with MoS Superman.

Man this looks great. But how goodvthey get this and the West Batman to look great, but fail so so bad with MoS Superman.

Yeah I'm like on the borderline of canceling my MOS from NECA. 87 for that figure just doesn't seem worth it. I would love a MOS in their scale but the proportions are just off. I might just cancel my MOS order and hope it goes on sale sometime in the future.

To be fair, the Adam West Batman didn't turn out so great.

The likeness ended up looking really cartoony for some reason and the articulation isn't concealed like this '89 Batman.

DSC03125.jpg

Also, compared to the MoS Supes, this '89 Batman has the benefit of being a character with a mask (all they needed to get right was that mouth and chin, which they have) and two decades worth of source material and reference for the suit. MoS didn't have those benefits.

Regardless, they did nail this one. It looks like one of their best figures to date. The upcoming 1/4 Dutch looks fantastic too.

Honestly I was pretty much alright with the MOS face. Its not perfect but I don't expect it from an $85 action figure. The body was terrible though. The proportions just seemed way off. If you look at pictures where you can see the new Iron Man next to the Superman, something looks off.

Looks great. The neck could be a bit fuller on the sides, but other than that, this is a fantastic sculpt.

The only thing I don't like is those cross eyes. Hopefully we don't have that problem on ours.

For being a mass produced retail store figure, I'm blown away buy the final look of the body and armor. It looks clean and just as good, if not better than Hot Toys. They did a great job hiding the joints as well. This will be an 85 dollars well spent.

Agreed on all points. No brainier for $85.

I will have more fun with this than the HT, but the neck is too narrow, I will inform NECA after coffee.

:lol

For $90 I suppose it's ok. It'll make a good stand in until HT does a 1/4 scale version.

I don't like the cowl or cape primarily. The Keaton face look great.

This is indeed a stand-in.

Now about that second PF shelf... :1-1:

Loving the Keaton pout. What I don't get is that NECA said there would be more 1/4 DC here, as well as news on future figures.

Nothing.

This SDCC blows for figures.

Except the 1/4 Batman and 66.

Both Keaton & West look fantastic. I wonder if those are production pieces being shown? I assume they are since release is only a few months away.
My only gripe is the "ab-cut" on the West Batman and the slightly off-centered eyes on the Keaton version.
Otherwise, exceptional figures for an amazing value.

Unfortunately, NECA this year was a major letdown. Hardly anything new or items we hadn't already heard about (like 1/4 Dutch).
I suppose NECA did such an amazing job last year that they couldn't possibly top it this year. Oh well. Still plenty of cool upcoming releases like these 2 figures.

Yeah I'm surprised they haven't announced anything else since they specifically said in their twitter that they would announce one to two more 1/4 scale figures for DC. Maybe they'll announce it later today or tomorrow?

Damn, look at the detail on that suit...The head looks a bit better.

Still a little too long in the face, maybe?

DSC03127.jpg

That truly looks awesome! I love how smooth the armour is to the cowl. Hence the cape always looks better laying down with the differences between textures.

89logo.jpg

Last edited:
this looks like a piece of ****!

his headsculpt is off, wich btw makes me wonder about possible eyeproblems to everyone that states its goodlooking...seriously.

the body looks like its been overrun by a truck and has been seriously abused

and the first thing that took my attention thats a big nono: this keaton batman took a big step back to the past, because he gets to wair those infamous super hero undies again!!!!
AAAAC8P5uP8AAAAAAROheA.jpg

at this scale they could and should have done much better job, its easier to work on the details, one would think.
Look at the 1/4 Terminator figures, it can be done.

Back