NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why they never included those on the Blu-Ray?

The little gurl footage was included in the special edition DVD and the blu ray. It was in segment of the interviews and not as a deted scene. Same for the smoke pillet alternate scene which was in the comic book and novel adaptation.

I used to think it's a shame this little girl scene was cut but the more you think about it the more it doesnt feel neccessary. A girl showing up in an alley way alone at night in Gotham city doesnt make much sense. She would have ran away hearing gun shots and seeing a giant bat being chased by purple cars with guns pointing out of the windows.
I'm guessing this scene might have never been completed. I might have to ask Tim if I have the chance, see if he remembers why this was cut.

The eyes actually don't look messed up here. Weird.

SDCC_2013_NECA_Friday-018.jpg

SDCC_2013_NECA_Friday-019.jpg

This figure looks awesome... Not entirely sold on the West figure... I will wait for a review before I buy it I guess....

and the first thing that took my attention thats a big nono: this keaton batman took a big step back to the past, because he gets to wair those infamous super hero undies again!!!!
AAAAC8P5uP8AAAAAAROheA.jpg

It's hard plastic. There are going to be visible joints.

It's hard plastic. There are going to be visible joints.

And besides, the only exposed, visible joints are the elbows really. That's it.

The "underwear"/hip joint is hardly a problem. Especially with how well they concealed the ab crunch, wrists, knees, and ankles.

With the proper futzing, pose, and cape drape, I think this will look fantastic on display for what it is.

The sculpt is not the problem. It's the paint job that isn't able to do the sculpt justice. I know this is a mass retail collectible instead of a high end toy like Hot Toys or Enterbay. I'm not complaining just stating why the Man of Steel and Batman figure isn't looking as good as people expect.
1:4 scale allows more detail to be shown but also requires really good paint application to bring the sculpt to life. So far it's the toughing challenge for NECA I think. I think with their price point it's the best job they can do so far.

I think on the Keaton Batman theyares have a strange color and position.
The first prototyp have better eyes.
Keatons eyes are greish-grenish, not blue like the actual proto.

To Dutch, I think Neca shown at the SDCC this year a very old proto. Some details are miss and some thinks looks strange(nosetip, lines ofer the nose), the sculpt of the actual 7" version looks better.

To the sculpt and paintquestion.

Neca make not a good job on Man of Steel, its a soft sculpt, not very detailed. And there Robert Downey Jr. Sculpt have false proportions and a strange expression(to serious).

Further, they can make much better on the painting.
With this paint, skin tones are not looking realistic and some details are miss(for example Bilbo with this rough texture).

With the transculent plastik neca are on a good way, but they must make this more mat, not so waxy.

Sounds both sensible and sane. Done.

No way, you know you want multiple Batmobiles.

One with Batman in the cockpit, one with the canopy closed, one with the machine guns popped up, etc. etc.

Back