NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that escalated quickly. :lol

48471136893daac7449041710c69c445_zps77e102bf.jpg

Yeah lets hope they do cloth clothing, or the ledger Joker will look horrible with all the joints showing....

The problem with using fabrics instead of sculpted clothes is the final price.If they change their prices to say Enterbay price range then they lose a part of their clientèle that these are targeted for.Also,the process time would be a lot longer for each one.I think so anyway!^_^

The problem with using fabrics instead of sculpted clothes is the final price.If they change their prices to say Enterbay price range then they lose a part of their clientèle that these are targeted for.Also,the process time would be a lot longer for each one.I think so anyway!^_^

:exactly::goodpost:

Why would NECA effectively compete with Enterbay and Hot Toys, when they pretty much have the sculpted 1:4 scale figure market to themselves?

The idea that NECA could produce a 'clothed' figure of acceptable quality for sub $100, is wishful thinking.. on top of which, the majority of NECA's current market simply wouldn't buy it.. I know I wouldn't buy the abomination!

NECA would then face the fact that the 'Clothies' in reality, would all b1tch that it wasn't Enterbay/ Hot Toys quality and so they were going to pay the extra for a 'proper' figure rather than buy a 'sub-standard' one.. leaving NECA with a warehouse full of crud no-one wants.

If you look at what Play Arts have managed with there Dark Knight Joker figure you can see that it is possible to sculpt clothing and for it to look decent. They would need to use the same sort of softer material for the coat though.

If you look at what Play Arts have managed with there Dark Knight Joker figure you can see that it is possible to sculpt clothing and for it to look decent. They would need to use the same sort of softer material for the coat though.

Erm.. that appears to be a vinyl articulated figure?.. *confuzzled*

Edit - My mistake, disregard my comment.. misread your post. :eek:
I think of the three HS for that particular figure, the Bank Robber mask is the best.. hope NECA give us the mask as an accessory!:pray:

Last edited:
I would absolutely love this if they made it in the 7 inch scale. but 1/4? who has room for something that big?

Yeah,
7" would have been cool too,and would have probably allowed for more characters to be made.
It's been too long since Bob the goon has gotten any love in the toy world.:lol

Neca has said they would love to do an 7" figure, but those rights are locked with Mattel.

Who aren't even making a 6" or 7" Keaton Batman. :(

I still have no idea why Mattel opted to make a 4" version instead, especially after everyone clamoring for 6" Movie Masters of Keaton and Reeve. It's just asinine.

^ Simple answer to that. It's Mattel, biggest buffoons in the industry.

:clap

Mattel has been really dropping the ball. I hope NECA gets the rights to 7 inch figures. If they release a line dedicated to Burton movies I will buy every figure in the line. It would be awesome if they did that and then released a diorama of the bat cave like they did with the predator wall. Maybe even make a batmobile to go with it. Who do we have to convince at DC to give the license to NECA or any other company that will do some justice in that scale.

Yeah I'm hoping since Mattel is done with the 6" line, that Neca can pick up the rights.

Back