Action Figure NECA 1/10 (7") Batman Begins & Arkham City Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just want to share a few mods I did with the Begins Batman, first I repainted the eyes and added some flat coating to the cowl
31273663054_9110dd0b44_o.jpg

Neca Batman Begins.jpg
Upper 3 - cape cut: I really don't want the cape to come out from the middle as it came originally. It was suppose to come out from the two triangle thingy. But the cape was glued and "nailed" down to the chest, to remove it, you will have to cut it out and it will leave two holes, I then cut small pieces from some old fabric and patched the holes with glue. The damage is still noticeable if you look closely, but from a distance its OK, and I'm still hoping someone will make a custom cape for him soon.

Bottom 3 - shorten neck (I got this idea from a famous customizer Tony Mei when he did this on the 1/4 version): Originally the neck is a bit too long, it's especially noticeable with the cape off, so I cut out some excess from the neck part and also drilled the hole deeper in the head, I'm pretty happy with the final result for now, until a custom cape came along.

P1120750.JPG

Looks great!
I did mine too, he is nice looking mini figure.

Last edited:
Just bought one off eBay. This looks way better than any of the Mafex figures. And the likeness is really good for a small figure. :)

Finally decided to get this guy (passed the first couple times I saw him), no mods,decent eyes on mine,happy enough,also had Joker on the pegs so got him too.

My local TRU got some more Ledger Jokers in a little less than a month ago, but they sold fairly fast.

Just keep checking your local TRU. You're bound to find one eventually.

I already have joker but I'm always curious where these figures pop up. So far I've seen two reeves superman figures about a month back and now my TRU in doral has five Keaton batmans.

TRU across from Dadeland Station,I know we frequent some of the same area lol,they had around 3-4 this was last Saturday.

TRU across from Dadeland Station,I know we frequent some of the same area lol,they had around 3-4 this was last Saturday.
Oh cool, i haven't been there in awhile, but its cool seeing these randomly pop.
I saw those Keaton's pop up too,paint apps are not so great though.
yeah no kidding, the few i saw in doral had messy paint and some of cowls where really bent.

They're pumping the Keatons out at breakneck speed. My store got even MORE last week. It's sold out in this area atleast a dozen times since it got replienished in Spring 2016 and they still keep shipping. This isn't found stock, this is NECA putting out several batches and flooding the shelves with quick, sub par product. When I'm off work I'll take a pic of the new ones that are there. They're a mess. One even has orange or red paint all over it's crooked cowl. They looked like they're warped and melting.

What I think happened was, they saw how popular and well it sold back in 2014 and saw those $90-$110 secondary market prices. So they had their factories cook up quick batches to oversaturate the market. It was okay back in spring because those figures were decent, but this is just ridiculous. These new batches are practically bootlegs.

No doubt in my mind that Superman, West and Ledger will pop back up like they've been consistently doing for the past year. Whether they're the same quality remains to be seen. The pegs are even already pegwarming with unsold Begins and Harley Quinn's, but I bet they still pump out more next year. It's like feast or famine.

Atleast the people having trouble finding them are getting third and fourth chances, it's just too bad that the quality is downgraded. That Keaton Batman was a nice little figure that was kinda special. Now it's about on par with the decade old lingering toys you'd find at the dollar store. They killed him.

Between Hastings, EBay WB store, and Toys R Us, I bet they made a buttload off them so I can't say I blame them.

Last edited:
They're pumping the Keatons out at breakneck speed. My store got even MORE last week. It's sold out in this area atleast a dozen times since it got replienished in Spring 2016 and they still keep shipping. This isn't found stock, this is NECA putting out several batches and flooding the shelves with quick, sub par product. When I'm off work I'll take a pic of the new ones that are there. They're a mess. One even has orange or red paint all over it's crooked cowl. They looked like they're warped and melting.

What I think happened was, they saw how popular and well it sold back in 2014 and saw those $90-$110 secondary market prices. So they had their factories cook up quick batches to oversaturate the market. It was okay back in spring because those figures were decent, but this is just ridiculous. These new batches are practically bootlegs.

No doubt in my mind that Superman, West and Ledger will pop back up like they've been consistently doing for the past year. Whether they're the same quality remains to be seen. The pegs are even already pegwarming with unsold Begins and Harley Quinn's, but I bet they still pump out more next year. It's like feast or famine.

Atleast the people having trouble finding them are getting third and fourth chances, it's just too bad that the quality is downgraded. That Keaton Batman was a nice little figure that was kinda special. Now it's about on par with the decade old lingering toys you'd find at the dollar store. They killed him.

Between Hastings, EBay WB store, and Toys R Us, I bet they made a buttload off them so I can't say I blame them.

Damn guess I'll have to look on ebay for another decnt one as I found an guy who can make an 1/10 Batman 89 Armory s want another one for empty cowl inside the armory

So, the advice for the ones getting 7" Keaton Batman these days is to try to find one from the first batches (which has better paint apps and finish)?

I would assume that to be sure the figure is from the first batches would be to get one with the yellow "bundle" sticker on the package, right?

A few of the "newer" ones I've seen appear to have more scratches on them, especially on their legs/thighs.

Last edited:
I went to my local TRU tonight and it looks like they restocked BB Batman and Reeve Superman. Seven of Batman, six of Reeve. They also had that Superman vs. Muhammad Ali set, but the paint on Ali's eyes was atrocious.

Back