NBA 10-11

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats fine. Was just commenting that I find the jabbing between the Spurs and the Knicks odd.

Guess I'm a bit guilty of letting some emotions get in the way due to my flame war with Jstep.

Regardless, the crap that's been spewed towards Wake and some others was definitely unfair.

With everyone being so care-free on this thread about insulting other teams, I really didn't find it to be that big of a deal. But some things got personal, I guess. :lol

Maybe I don't share some of the "win or die" attitudes as some others on here do regarding their teams.

I like my teams. Love them, even. But if they lose, I just go about living my life. It's sports. And to think for a second that any of these teams could give ten craps about what any of us are thinking, would be foolish.

I root them on, and have fun going to the games. If anyone begins to let sports affect their personal lives, it's time to seek some psychiatric help.

I TRULY don't hate the Spurs. But I DO hate their style of play. No more, no less.

Don't get me wrong, they ARE good. But to say that they are possibly the best 8th seed in history shows either:

a) You just started watching basketball this year

or

b) You're a homer and are just pissed to see your #1 seed get utterly destroyed by an 8th seed.

It's only the 1st round. Let's see how far they go. Then we can accurately determine their place in history. Maybe.
:lol

I've been watching basketball a very long time, your reply was childish, acting like I said something completely insane. Are the 1999 knicks better? maybe. But I said one of the best, so my comment is 100% justified unlike your reply.

Guess I'm a bit guilty of letting some emotions get in the way due to my flame war with Jstep.

Regardless, the crap that's been spewed towards Wake and some others was definitely unfair.

With everyone being so care-free on this thread about insulting other teams, I really didn't find it to be that big of a deal. But some things got personal, I guess. :lol

Maybe I don't share some of the "win or die" attitudes as some others on here do regarding their teams.

I like my teams. Love them, even. But if they lose, I just go about living my life. It's sports. And to think for a second that any of these teams could give ten craps about what any of us are thinking, would be foolish.

I root them on, and have fun going to the games. If anyone begins to let sports affect their personal lives, it's time to seek some psychiatric help.

I TRULY don't hate the Spurs. But I DO hate their style of play. No more, no less.

you hate fast exciting basketball? okay then.

you hate fast exciting basketball? okay then.

To each his own.

But I don't normally snore through "fast [and] exciting basketball."

The Spurs are boring. They've been boring for over a decade.

Ginobli flops more than a pregnant seal. That's my observation, of course, yet they wouldn't be making T-SHIRTS of it, if others didn't feel the same.

Duncan is an unlikable statue.

Tony Parker lost the best thing he could ever be associated with.

The Spurs have one of the greatest coaches in NBA history, that's for sure. But they sure do know how to cure sleep apnea.

Manu does flop, doesn't make him any less of a great player, he's right up there with the top shooting guards. He's very exciting to watch, more exciting then anyone on the Knicks.

Duncan is the big fundamental, some say boring I say efficient. I'll take you saying Duncan is boring, but Duncan isnt the team, he is however the best Power forward of all time, so if some random guy on the internet say's he's boring I'm sure he's not losing sleep on it.

won't even reply to the Ton parker comment. i'm actually starting to think you haven't watched a Spurs game since like 2002.

Duncan may not be flashy but he's pretty likeable. Seems to be a classy guy who acts that way on (most of the time) and off the court. Not to mention he's one of the most fundamentally sound players I've seen. As a basketball coach I wish I could have 10 guys that sound in what they do.

How about we take a 30 second timeout? :lol I mean both teams are out. Time to move on as both teams have roads ahead of them to be title worthy again. The knicks cause they need more than two guys who play O more than they ever play D and the Spurs cause they need to get younger to compete with the nasty ass teams out west.

Duncan may not be flashy but he's pretty likeable. Seems to be a classy guy who acts that way on (most of the time) and off the court. Not to mention he's one of the most fundamentally sound players I've seen. As a basketball coach I wish I could have 10 guys that sound in what they do.

Yeah, Duncan seems like a respectable cool level headed guy and pretty good sportsman, you would think people would follow his lead. Robinson was another nice guy from the older Spurs era. Some of these new players have a constant scowl on their face, just terrible to watch.

I do not like coming into this thread - I don't like basketball. :lol So please fellas - I know a lot of you like to talk smack when it comes to sports - but if it starts getting personal there will be infractions.

Yeah, Duncan seems like a respectable cool level headed guy and pretty good sportsman, you would think people would follow his lead. Robinson was another nice guy from the older Spurs era. Some of these new players have a constant scowl on their face, just terrible to watch.

Agreed! Robinson was another guy that while I didn't love but respected because of how he played the game and acted as a person. With a lot of these younger guys its all the entitlement issue they seem to have.

Agreed! Robinson was another guy that while I didn't love but respected because of how he played the game and acted as a person. With a lot of these younger guys its all the entitlement issue they seem to have.

I dont think that is specific to sports, seems to be with that generation in general

But ya Robinson seemed like a class act, Duncan to, but as others mentioned, hes exciting as toast :)

I suppose it will remain civil in here until tomorrow when the Heat win and a certain someone starts posting, IN YO FACE..:rotfl

Could not agree more.

I dont think that is specific to sports, seems to be with that generation in general

But ya Robinson seemed like a class act, Duncan to, but as others mentioned, hes exciting as toast :)

I suppose it will remain civil in here until tomorrow when the Heat win and a certain someone starts posting, IN YO FACE..:rotfl

OH I agree its a generation thing for sure.

Both are not exciting but good people and players. I'll take that any day of the week.

I don't think the Heat are gonna win tomorrow nor in the series. Its bad enough with him in here are you turning into a Heat fan now too?

Omg. Cannot sleep. Sooo excited! Get to enjoy this awesome epicness from 13 rows up. (actually I'm pretty sure the extreme body soreness I'm feeling from a intense workout on Friday coupled with the two cans of Coke zero I had about 9pm and
My spastic cat have all contributed to me boeng sleepless.) but I'm not gonna lie I watched the last Boston/Miami game over on my dvr and I am pumped!

Stay classy San Diego.

Guys (and gals)-- It's sports. Don't dish the trash talking if you can't take it. If you wear your team on your sleeve get prepared to be burned when they falter-- That's the nature of the sports beast.

GO PISTONS!!!! (What do you mean they're not in it?) :dunno

OH I agree its a generation thing for sure.

Both are not exciting but good people and players. I'll take that any day of the week.

I don't think the Heat are gonna win tomorrow nor in the series. Its bad enough with him in here are you turning into a Heat fan now too?

No chance

I just dont have a problem with them winning it all

LBJ is one of the best players on the planet, a mega a hole, yes, but also an awesome bball player

why are all the mods coming into this thread? bored?

Ill Jedi has it under control.

why are all the mods coming into this thread? bored?

Ill Jedi has it under control.

I was thinking the same thing, plus why come in here if you don't like sports there's plenty of other threads I'm sure they could find to read over. I agree with you that ill Jedi has this thread under control. I guess some mods just want to be heard...:lol

Back