Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are those holster & straps made of pleather or real leather?

If you're talking about this photo, I'm not sure :dunno
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419316773.166053.jpg

Guys, did SS end up changing this figure after the negativity towards its initial release? The reason I ask is because I was watching a few videos today on YouTube and a few people commented saying that they ordered this figurine recently and that its a lot better than the original run and that it doesn't have the awful looking eyes and puffy face. Im not sure if they're being truthful or not to be honest, but thought you guys would know the score.

If the face has been changed/improved, I would be interested in picking it up, but I wouldn't go anywhere near it if it was like the original release.

I've had my Drake figure since sideshow started shipping but I barley posed him. I went to pose yesterday and when I tried adjusting his right arm it had a crunching sound a it rotates. Almost like a ratchet joint. I know it doesn't have ratchet joints so I guess it's getting ready to snap. I doubt sideshow has replacement bodies anymore. Has this happened with anyone else. Thanks

I've had my Drake figure since sideshow started shipping but I barley posed him. I went to pose yesterday and when I tried adjusting his right arm it had a crunching sound a it rotates. Almost like a ratchet joint. I know it doesn't have ratchet joints so I guess it's getting ready to snap. I doubt sideshow has replacement bodies anymore. Has this happened with anyone else. Thanks

Please feel free to contact our returns department. It's not that rare that folks that bought items and contacted us well after the return window have been able to be helped with a replacement part of piece. If we're able to help then we will and it never hurts to ask.

-SideshowAlex

Please feel free to contact our returns department. It's not that rare that folks that bought items and contacted us well after the return window have been able to be helped with a replacement part of piece. If we're able to help then we will and it never hurts to ask.

-SideshowAlex
Thanks Alex. I contacted them. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Im pretty sure the joints are ratchet type in the shoulders. Your Drake is good going by the 3 drake bodies ive used before. Most had crunchy sounding click when the shoulder is roated.

Yup, this is true! :goodpost:

There's not a whole lot of the SSC figure left in this build, but I just wanted to share some new pics of my UC 2 Drake with the Kai sculpt. It's not a ringer in the likeness department, but I really like the character/expression that Kai sculpted into it. It's kind of the same scenario with the Kai Joel sculpt.

Yup, this is true! :goodpost:

There's not a whole lot of the SSC figure left in this build, but I just wanted to share some new pics of my UC 2 Drake with the Kai sculpt. It's not a ringer in the likeness department, but I really like the character/expression that Kai sculpted into it. It's kind of the same scenario with the Kai Joel sculpt.

Completely agree! Great shots too :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419733804.810365.jpg

Okay, so I lied about the December run being the final one... but really this time is the last one :lol

So, I'll be taking a final run of themodifications, with a start date of March first. If you want in you'll need to have your head shipped to me before that date. After this run is done I'll be retiring the service as it's a lot of work and I'd tired of Drake heads :lol

Drake Mods

A WIP of the 3 ones I currently have... mind you there is no weathering or gloss applied to him at this point:

56f42419-929c-4f6b-99c2-79d3059e7e33_zps1f95e4d9.jpg

And in case your forgot about it...
b20a8b11-4b9f-4214-9065-342398d4b022_zpsa283b7a1.jpg

Received my repainted/modded head from galactiboy. My Drake is complete. Thanks again to gb for the amazing paint job. :rock

Amazing work Joseph! Thank you so much. My Drake is complete. :rock

15900917104_e260df87c2_b.jpg

16336030790_a81430d198_b.jpg

16337580967_b2b4dc85e2_b.jpg

Back