Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Nate finally landed and...gotta admit, given all the negativity, I'm actually fairly happy. Seems I dodged a 'fathead' - either that or the qc's been upped. Yeah, the 'pinkeye' is a little overdone, but I can see that they were trying to tie in the look with the overall 'weatherbeaten' feel. Pics are him straight out of the box, posed, no mods. Feel free to trash me if you feel the need...lol
This might be the best one straight out of the box, nice. :hi5: I might just wait on more people to show theirs if they're buying only now.

Don't get me wrong, the paint app on the head are far from great, but given some of the abominations I've seen posted on here, I feel I've been pretty lucky. To me, he's recognisable enough as Nate to mean I won't need to remove the eyeplate and cut it down. Will post a close-up of the headsculpt with more light on it later.

Here's a couple of pics in the cold light of day. As mentioned, close-up they've clearly gone overboard on the 'hangover' eyes, but from a step back it's not as obvious. I'm guessing they've reduced the size of the internal faceplate, lessening the cheek and eye bulge evident on other people's sculpts.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409247406165.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409247406165.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 346
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409247425104.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409247425104.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 344
I just noticed this is on waitlist today (exclusive). When I looked yesterday it showed less than 10 left in stock.

Last edited:
Here's a couple of pics in the cold light of day. As mentioned, close-up they've clearly gone overboard on the 'hangover' eyes, but from a step back it's not as obvious. I'm guessing they've reduced the size of the internal faceplate, lessening the cheek and eye bulge evident on other people's sculpts.

any chance you could show us a pic of the inside of the head? just pop it off and shoot a pic from the bottom... would like to see if the eyeplate has changed.

any chance you could show us a pic of the inside of the head? just pop it off and shoot a pic from the bottom... would like to see if the eyeplate has changed.
Sure. Here's the head detached, both internal and external.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409257406929.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409257406929.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 336
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409257418178.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409257418178.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 331
Couple of action poses. I like the proportions on the body and it feels nice and solid in hand.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409257705827.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409257705827.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 336
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409257719889.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409257719889.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 331
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409257737085.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409257737085.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 327
All 4 of mine have looked just like that, Sideshow have def upped their QC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One for me and then 2 other peoples I know and one replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad, looks like things are turning around. Honestly though, SSC should compensate all the first batch owners. New, fixed/good head sculpt to make up for it.

Personally, I think that once the production piece is available, Sideshow should remove the proto pics from their site and reshoot them with the actual piece people will receive. Otherwise, its tantamount to false advertising. With their own pieces, they've really got no excuse for not doing this. No-one is going to receive a Drake that looks like the one on their site.

Wait, is there any validity to this rumor of the "better" batch? If so, is there a way to tell?

Back