Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better light today so ipad has take a slightly better picture...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 232
Can you show a close-up of the head? From this angle it looks like he's been at Chloe's eyeliner [emoji12]
Ha,ah, I think it's a result of the light + the fact the new eyeballs I made sit deeper in the sockets than the originals.
I can't take a picture that really shows off the paint in an "in the flesh" way - it always comes out darker !?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 219
Ha,ah, I think it's a result of the light + the fact the new eyeballs I made sit deeper in the sockets than the originals.
I can't take a picture that really shows off the paint in an "in the flesh" way - it always comes out darker !?
Nice job! Mine should be waiting for me when I get home tonight. Seems like a real lottery as to the look of the headsculpt you get. Needless to say, I'll be boiling the kettle later.. [emoji35]

The paint and sculpt is great but if it didn't have the clothes I'd of never say thats Nathan Drake, think the beard and hair kinda over do it. He never had a proper beard in any of the games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stubble is a little dark but the camera on the ipad doesn't help, it makes it look way darker than it actually is, same goes for the hair.
I've still got some meddling to do with it to get it exactly how I want it but I do remember Nate having some pretty heavy stubble at the start of UC2 - when he's in jail (I'll pretend that's the look I was going for ;) )

The stubble is a little dark but the camera on the ipad doesn't help, it makes it look way darker than it actually is, same goes for the hair.
I've still got some meddling to do with it to get it exactly how I want it but I do remember Nate having some pretty heavy stubble at the start of UC2 - when he's in jail (I'll pretend that's the look I was going for ;) )

The beard looks grey in the pics but if it's black in hand you could say it's the U2 look [emoji12]

I wouldn't touch the sculpt mate, maybe lighten the eye are and make the hair lighter and less grey and your golden.

Stubble has been toned down, hair has been lightened, eye liner has also been toned down. The whole face has been given an extra fleshy wash (more of a stipple effect really) to add so highlight and depth. The whole thing has been sealed with matt varnish and the eyes/lips picked out with gloss. I used some gloss varnish on an old toothbrush and "flicked" it at the sculpt which has given a subtle sweaty sheen.
Shame it's too bloody dark to take pictures ! :(

One thing that I want to point out is just how good Trevor Grove's sculpt work is, the quality is just amazing. All the little scars, the stubble, the lines and wrinkles are simply perfect. Sideshow should be ashamed that their manufacturing process almost ruined it for everyone. Those eyes and the way the hair joins the head are terrible, I wish I was an even half descent sculptor, I'd add an new hairline to hide the join !.

Last edited:
Don't you have lights?

Ha,ha,ha,ha :lol
I do but seeing as I've only got the ipad to take pics with it's pretty much pointless in anything other than broad daylight. Under electric lights the results aren't worth uploading. I mean I could, but Nate would probably look like Des O'Connor (non uk residents look him up on google).

Ha,ha,ha,ha :lol
I do but seeing as I've only got the ipad to take pics with it's pretty much pointless in anything other than broad daylight. Under electric lights the results aren't worth uploading. I mean I could, but Nate would probably look like Des O'Connor (non uk residents look him up on google).

Oh right, yeah the older iPads were desperate for pics, thank god the air sorted that out that.

93ae3684c05204e940d7e823718f144c.jpg

Here is a pic of Nate and Sully.

Well, Nate finally landed and...gotta admit, given all the negativity, I'm actually fairly happy. Seems I dodged a 'fathead' - either that or the qc's been upped. Yeah, the 'pinkeye' is a little overdone, but I can see that they were trying to tie in the look with the overall 'weatherbeaten' feel. Pics are him straight out of the box, posed, no mods. Feel free to trash me if you feel the need...lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409173754378.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409173754378.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 262
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409173771294.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409173771294.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 260
  • uploadfromtaptalk1409173782857.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409173782857.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 263
That head looks like none of the ones (6 now) I've seen in-hand... looks quite good.

I'd be curious if the changed the faceplate on him?

Well, Nate finally landed and...gotta admit, given all the negativity, I'm actually fairly happy. Seems I dodged a 'fathead' - either that or the qc's been upped. Yeah, the 'pinkeye' is a little overdone, but I can see that they were trying to tie in the look with the overall 'weatherbeaten' feel. Pics are him straight out of the box, posed, no mods. Feel free to trash me if you feel the need...lol

Straight out of the box I think yours looks good, the head/eyes look ok.
Mine wasn't the worst example I'd seen when first unboxed but the eyes were hideous - he looked like Columbo/Peter Falk, one big eye, one little eye. Yours looks ok, sure it could be improved but it doesn't look like it needs it as badly as some others do !.

Back