Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My charge is postponed till the 25th since I'll be on vacation. I wonder if I can switch to the exclusive since it's the same price. I'm only paying 150.00 since I used a promo. Would I have to use another promo to switch?

Very interested to see some more pics of this when freaks start getting them in hand.

Me too, with a proper camera. The ones I provided earlier were from my iphone 5.
Though dont expect too much, a fat head is still a fat head even with a good camera. I gave my opinions already on this figure. Everyones demands are different, so to those that are still going ahead, I hope you enjoy your purchase.

Mine has shipped, all the way to New Zealand. The website no longer has the regular listed, and the exclusive is down to 60 left....

Me too, with a proper camera. The ones I provided earlier were from my iphone 5.
Though dont expect too much, a fat head is still a fat head even with a good camera. I gave my opinions already on this figure. Everyones demands are different, so to those that are still going ahead, I hope you enjoy your purchase.

Thanks for posting your pics Chockles, it was great to see this so early. I think seeing it in different locations/lighting and style of photo helps get an overall rounded view of the thing. :duff

I'm starting to think keeping My order was a good decision! Hoping I'm proved right when I get it.

I'm starting to think keeping My order was a good decision! Hoping I'm proved right when I get it.

Bizzarely, despite whatever reservations I have about the head, I still think it's a fun piece and I'm sure you can get it looking good on display, I can't remember, did Drake ever wear shades in the game?

Agree, its not 100% accurate, but its a fun piece overall. You can still recognise him. I rated him a 7/10 for the price I paid for him.
Sadly it could have been an excellent figure with more game characters down the line to add, hell even a younger nathan drake, boy version just like in the game.

I posted this in the PF thread, but got no response yet, so I thought I'd post it again here in the more active Nathan Drake thread. If anybody can help, that would be cool.

I was thinking about starting a new thread to ask these questions, but maybe it can be answered quickly in here.

Would it be easy enough to break down a polystone statue to make a 1/4 figure? Can you break parts off cleanly (I'm thinking about the head sculpt & shoes) & sand off the excess? Or is polystone way too chippy & unpredictable? I'm thinking drilling holes & things like that might crack the polystone in undesired areas, but I don't know, since I don't really have experience with this kinda mod.

I guess one could recast the sculpt & shoes in resin, then paint them, but I don't have the know how to do that, so I was thinking maybe I could simply break a spare statue down into parts for a 1/4 figure. I think the only thing that would be missing would be his watch, since it's sculpted onto the statue.

Of course before doing this I'm going to see if a 1/4 body is available for such a project. I have 2 Enterbay 1/4 bodies (T800 & Bruce Lee), & I know I might not find the perfect Nathan Drake body type there, but maybe something will be passable.

If I don't get enough answers here, I might go ahead & start a new thread. Or maybe there is a link to somebody attempting something similar that somebody can share?

Thoughts?

I still cant justify paying that much for that figure. Yes, those most recent pics look better, but the eyes still suck and if I wanted to be completely satisfied, I would have to shell out more cash for a repaint. I don't know. I want a Drake so bad, but I'm afraid to hope for a 2nd one that may never get made.

More in-hand photos could save this figure.

It could work but it would be tricky. There was the 1/4 scale Indy figure that some were going to use for the PF. You might have to cast and resculpt some parts.

Would it be easy enough to break down a polystone statue to make a 1/4 figure? Can you break parts off cleanly (I'm thinking about the head sculpt & shoes) & sand off the excess? Or is polystone way too chippy & unpredictable? I'm thinking drilling holes & things like that might crack the polystone in undesired areas, but I don't know, since I don't really have experience with this kinda mod.

I guess one could recast the sculpt & shoes in resin, then paint them, but I don't have the know how to do that, so I was thinking maybe I could simply break a spare statue down into parts for a 1/4 figure. I think the only thing that would be missing would be his watch, since it's sculpted onto the statue.

Of course before doing this I'm going to see if a 1/4 body is available for such a project. I have 2 Enterbay 1/4 bodies (T800 & Bruce Lee), & I know I might not find the perfect Nathan Drake body type there, but maybe something will be passable.

If I don't get enough answers here, I might go ahead & start a new thread. Or maybe there is a link to somebody attempting something similar that somebody can share?

Thoughts?[/B][/B][/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I still cant justify paying that much for that figure. Yes, those most recent pics look better, but the eyes still suck and if I wanted to be completely satisfied, I would have to shell out more cash for a repaint. I don't know. I want a Drake so bad, but I'm afraid to hope for a 2nd one that may never get made.

More in-hand photos could save this figure.

I share your agony. :1-1:

Mine has been charged but not shipped. Very common these days. I guess he'll ship tonight and I'll receive it Monday or Tuesday.

I wanted to use points on it, but didn't cancel because he was still waitlisted. Had I just gone ahead and done it, he would have been in stock for me to use those points on. I hate myself sometimes.

Back