Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely post pics when you can! I really want to see some real pics on Drake. Very curious.

Can't wait. I really wanted this guy too. Please take pics without that scarf!

Absolutely! In fact, I'm not sure I'll take any WITH the scarf. :lol I'll let you all spend the time making that look good, I really prefer the figure without it.

Curious to see what you can do with him Dane... get those futzing skills in gear :lecture :lol

And please gives some thoughts on the body; looks like a decent design, but Sideshow has a terrible track record with new bodies :lol

Curious to see what you can do with him Dane... get those futzing skills in gear :lecture :lol

And please gives some thoughts on the body; looks like a decent design, but Sideshow has a terrible track record with new bodies :lol

Will do! :) I like the look of the body so far, I plan to sand down those seams on the arms and give it a good weathering, so as long as the joints are tight I think I'll be pleased.

It will be a bit before I can take some pics, but here are some initial in-hand thoughts.

Sculpt - The sculpt itself is not as 'fat' as it appears in the distorted pics we've seen so far. There was definitely some distortion and loss of detail in production, but it's serviceable. The paint is is pretty bad up close and under harsh lighting, but in normal viewing conditions it also serves well enough. The most glaring issue in hand is that the sculpt's skin tone is significantly different than the body's. The same goes for the hands, not sure what that's about. I plan to use HT hands, though, I know I can find a closer match to the body in my parts bin. Needless to say, I also plan to have the sculpt repainted.

Clothing - It's really great. The tailoring is top notch, and the material is thin/soft, allowing you to get some nice wrinkles and natural 'hang'. The weathering on the shirt is a bit overdone, but it's not glaring in the context of the overall presentation. Pants are a bit tight around the thighs, but again it doesn't detract imo.

Harness/Ammo belt - It's not as nice as the prototype, but I still think it's fantastic. It's one of the most intricate 1/6 rigs I've ever seen, and SSC pulled it off really well.

Body - It's excellent! Tight joints, great forearm sculpt, good overall proportions, nice natural Caucasian skin tone (wish the sculpt and hands matched). There are slight seams on the forearms, but even the TTM19 has those. There seem to be minor visible mold injection points on the wrists, but the watch covers up the left side. Some creative weathering could cover up the right side.

Overall...

The sculpt is the only real culprit here, specifically the paint. Yes the base sculpt took a hit, but if it had a decent paint job I don't think it would be nearly as noticeable. Everything else on the figure really is great. Also, I really prefer the figure without the scarf, I mean REALLY.

I'll post some pics soon, so you guys can decide for yourselves!

It will be a bit before I can take some pics, but here are some initial in-hand thoughts.

Sculpt - The sculpt itself is not as 'fat' as it appears in the distorted pics we've seen so far. There was definitely some distortion and loss of detail in production, but it's serviceable. The paint is is pretty bad up close and under harsh lighting, but in normal viewing conditions it also serves well enough. The most glaring issue in hand is that the sculpt's skin tone is significantly different than the body's. The same goes for the hands, not sure what that's about. I plan to use HT hands, though, I know I can find a closer match to the body in my parts bin. Needless to say, I also plan to have the sculpt repainted.

Clothing - It's really great. The tailoring is top notch, and the material is thin/soft, allowing you to get some nice wrinkles and natural 'hang'. The weathering on the shirt is a bit overdone, but it's not glaring in the context of the overall presentation. Pants are a bit tight around the thighs, but again it doesn't detract imo.

Harness/Ammo belt - It's not as nice as the prototype, but I still think it's fantastic. It's one of the most intricate 1/6 rigs I've ever seen, and SSC pulled it off really well.

Body - It's excellent! Tight joints, great forearm sculpt, good overall proportions, nice natural Caucasian skin tone (wish the sculpt and hands matched). There are slight seams on the forearms, but even the TTM19 has those. There seem to be minor visible mold injection points on the wrists, but the watch covers up the left side. Some creative weathering could cover up the right side.

Overall...

The sculpt is the only real culprit here, specifically the paint. Yes the base sculpt took a hit, but if it had a decent paint job I don't think it would be nearly as noticeable. Everything else on the figure really is great. Also, I really prefer the figure without the scarf, I mean REALLY.

I'll post some pics soon, so you guys can decide for yourselves!

How are the eyes Dane?

good to know the body is good, I might buy a couple when they're parted out for customs.

My charge is postponed till the 25th since I'll be on vacation. I wonder if I can switch to the exclusive since it's the same price. I'm only paying 150.00 since I used a promo. Would I have to use another promo to switch?

I'd give them a call and explain the situation, its worth a shot. They'd probably be happy to help someone who isn't looking to cancel outright :wink1: Otherwise if yours still hasn't charged you can always just cancel it and re-order since there are EXs available, you would need to use another coupon code though (this month its SUMMERTIME if you haven't already used it).

Glad to hear the body's a winner... wonder how it would work for a Grimes, seems a bit slimmer than the TTM-19.

Uh Oh, I'm starting to think I might buy Drake after all! It all depends on your pics MarfMaster!

And the dance continues... the gentle shift backwards after a respected and knowledgable collector comes into the fray with and encouraging review :lol

Back