Natedog's figure bashes and customs - Deathstar Diorama=Complete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Natedog's figure bashes and customs

I need some help guys/gals! I received my new body today for an ANH Leia that I'm making. Its a knock off of the Hot Toys Alice Body. 1st impressions are quite good. Quality is good. Joints are tight. Articulation is good except the elbows only bend to a 90° angle. I can live with that. The lighting in the photo is bad and makes the figure appear to be different colors but its not. At least its not grey like the Kumik! :lol

However as you can see its way too tall. Mila jovovich is 1.74m (5'9") so 1/6 would be 290mm which is what this figure is. Carrie Fisher is only 1.55m (5'1") so 258mm.

FYI - The one on the left is a Kumik 1.0 for reference

I plan on cutting down the body to the proper height, but I've never done that before, so any tips would be helpful. The torso is rubber, so not sure I can do anything with that.

HELP! :)

The way I'd approach it is to remove sections ( maybe 1cm ?) both above and below the knees . This shouldn't affect any of the proportions of the figure . Looking at the pics , this would put the crotch at about the same level . Be sure to use a good razor saw blade and make sure the measurements are equal on both legs ! You shouldn't need to add any re-enforcement as long as you use super-glue or even epoxy .

The way I'd approach it is to remove sections ( maybe 1cm ?) both above and below the knees . This shouldn't affect any of the proportions of the figure . Looking at the pics , this would put the crotch at about the same level . Be sure to use a good razor saw blade and make sure the measurements are equal on both legs ! You shouldn't need to add any re-enforcement as long as you use super-glue or even epoxy .

Thats what I was thinking too. I'm worried that will make the arms too long. I'll give it a go. It wasn't expensive so no real loss if I destroy it. :)

That's the thing when you start chopping up bodies ! It's trial and error really , but remember that if the arms appear too long , a lot can be done with the clothing and posing to disguise this . But looking at your picture of the body , I really don't think you'll have a problem . ( But I have been known to be wrong , not often , but it has happened ! ):lol

I'd start with a different body. If that body is truly a proportioned clone of the Alice body, turn it around and look at the back. The HT Alice body has an enormous a55 that's not suitable for Alice nor Leia. I've wanted to replace the body on my Alice since opening the box.

To mod that one you'd probably have to start by removing all the rubber parts and then cutting down the torso and upper legs. The lower legs I'd trim at the ankles. Then the arms, upper by the bicep and lower by the wrist. Maybe a bit off the neck.

Doesn't Kumik have some flesh-toned bodies available?

This one has knee and elbow joints covered in rubber too: https://www.ebay.com/itm/KUMIK-1-6-...d=100011&prg=9209&rk=4&rkt=10&sd=140938879916

Yes the Kumik 2.0 does look better than the 1.0. I was just very disappointed with the 1.0 that I didn't even consider it. I'm thinking though I may try it since I'm not really into cutting down a body. The clone does have an enormous arse but so does the kumik IMO. That doesn't bother me since it will be covered anyways. The main reason I bought the Alice clone is because the Leia head was supposedly designed for that body. Turns out the neck joint is just a hole anyways. I wasn't impressed when I saw that.

The Kumik also has the benefit of a smaller chest, which means no need for reduction surgery there either. ;)

I think I'm going save the Alice clone for my Asajj Ventress. ScottyB was supposed to be making a headsculpt for her but i haven't seen him on here in a long time. I sent him some PMs but I haven't heard anything. Its like he disappeared.

Word, I wonder what he's up to. I have 3 headless Jedi atm. :(

Re: Natedog's figure bashes and customs NEW:Slave Leia

Been spending most of my time building sabers, but in between builds I've been working on a Slave Leia. Just gotta finish my Jabba's throne now! Man those eyes were hard! I'm no pro, but I'm happy with it. Yes I drank the koolaid and made the bikini gold with green. I still say it should be a greyish brown. I may change it down the road.

BODY - Phicen tan middle breast body - I should have bought the "pale". Don't let the marketing fool you the "tan" is "Asian" aka yellowish
-I had to do some shading to get it more pinkish. I used a mixture of pastels and baby powder. Then just dusted it.
HEAD - Great sculpt from Snyderman, I just bent the ponytail into the "over the shoulder" pose instead of straight down.
Hands - Phicen repainted
Bikini Top- Hasbro - Repainted, added an underwire and used stretchy string for the straps. Also added some brass tubing on the straps.
Bikini Bottom - Hasbro - repainted, added oval sidepieces out of styrene. Fabric is not quite the right color, but I like the way it falls (not stiff)
Boots - Hasbro repainted

Not much to this one, but it took a loooong time, with many :gah: moments!

Enjoy!

Great work!

Best,

Robert

That looks fantastic . All the work you put into it shows .:clap

Trying my hand at a couple clone troops. Here's the 1st. Phase II Commander Fox. Still a work in progress obviously. The red in the 2nd pic is blown out, but its actually pretty close to what it should be. I used a waterslide decal that I made for the shoulder design. It didn't come out perfect, but it actually adds to the worn look. :) Still working on the helmet.

Back