My thoughts for a 4th "Dark Knight" film.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad idea but I think it's time for WB to 100% focus on the DC Movie Universe. We can let the Nolan-verse rest for a while.

From the business point-of-view, the Nolan movies cost Time-Warner valuable time and allowed Marvel to blow them out of the water. Though the Nolan movies made LOTS of cash, it wasn't until The Dark Knight Rises was wrapping up that DC realized they needed to speed up on their own movie universe.

I'm not saying we can't see a "The Dark Knight Returns"-esque Nolan movie in the future, but for now let's let them rest. They did great reestablishing Batman but it's time to concentrate on the DC movie universe.

There will never be a 4th Dark Knight film.

071cd635825debe80b20d2d3a4e31ab34aae87cb.gif

In the Rises ending...

Bruce Wayne is Christopher Nolan

Selina Kyle is Paramount Pictures

Alfred is Warner Bros.

Blake is Ben Affleck

Jim Gordon is The Fans

Lucius Fox is Morgan Freeman

In the Rises ending...

Bruce Wayne is Christopher Nolan

Selina Kyle is Paramount Pictures

Alfred is Warner Bros.

Blake is Ben Affleck

Jim Gordon is The Fans

Lucius Fox is Morgan Freeman

But, who was Bane?

If there was another Bale Batman, Selena Kyle, shouldn't be in it, hate her so much, she sucked and was pointless in DKR.

Not to mention, Ben Affleck as Batman is an epic fail in everyway, my god why did they pick him for the next Batman.

If there was another Bale Batman, Selena Kyle, shouldn't be in it, hate her so much, she sucked and was pointless in DKR.

Not to mention, Ben Affleck as Batman is an epic fail in everyway, my god why did they pick him for the next Batman.

If he doesn't do a ridiculous, over the top "Bat-voice," then he already has Bale beat.

Good, talented actor.
Good pedigree as a director.
Currently on a Roll in Holywierd.
Known Comic book fan.
AVID Batman TAS, and Comic book fan.
More in shape than Kevin Smith, who was the only OTHER possible choice.

In the end, all l will see is Affleck, I wont be able to get into it.

I also will say he's not that great of an actor. He's done better over the last few years, but that's about it.

There was many other actors they could have chosen for this.

I also will say he's not that great of an actor. He's done better over the last few years, but that's about it.

But NONE who are as familior with the source material.

I'm not saying we're going to get another Hamil Or Ledger Joker-level portrayal out of this, but I'd bet money he will be LEAGUES better than Bale.

My Only real fear is the script by Goyer being not so hot.
Goyer is weird. He hits almost everything right, then misses the mark with the cowled one himself. it's..... odd.

But NONE who are as familior with the source material.

I'm not saying we're going to get another Hamil Or Ledger Joker-level portrayal out of this, but I'd bet money he will be LEAGUES better than Bale.

My Only real fear is the script by Goyer being not so hot.
Goyer is weird. He hits almost everything right, then misses the mark with the cowled one himself. it's..... odd.

Hopefully, Affleck will give him some pointers in the writing process. :lol

Eh. I donno.

Goyer Writes a good gotham city. Good Gotham city badguys.
A Great Jim gordon ( who is only helped by a GREATER Gary Oldman)
But his batman feels .... off somehow.
I noticed this when I marathoned the movies this past weekend.
I still like them, just.. something off about him specificly.

Everyone is may be going a little over the top about Affleck/Batman but theres a few other characters that are just as important, Superman for one.

Will Cavill be better in terms of delivery of what could be very un-Superman story telling?

Boredom's a bi*ch huh. :lol

What are you saying? :lol

There weren't multiple SW live action film series' running concurrently.. ever. :lol

(..anyone that mentions Caravan Of Courage is getting one of these.. :thwak)

Nolan had his time in the sun.. thank **** the ugly tactical suit / Jim Carrey 'Mask' cowl, & RAAAAACCHHEL death metal vocal inflections are gone.

Gone. :wave :lol

What I was saying is that everyone was saying that the Star Wars saga was done with Episode III and now here comes Disney bringing it back for Episodes 7,8, and 9 and Lord knows how many more. :lol:rotfl

The same thing could very well happen with "Bale" and the "Dark Knight" films, You never know. It was too much of a money maker for them to stop at 3 films.

The Monster,
Nick

It won't happen. Star Wars could have, and was continued without the original cast.

Bale and Nolan want to move onto better things. The story is over, they're moving on. They'll never look back, and i'm glad. Nolan is a great director, and i'm excited to see him take on new and interesting projects. Same with Bale. He doesn't need to make that dumb voice again.

It won't happen. Star Wars could have, and was continued without the original cast.

Bale and Nolan want to move onto better things. The story is over, they're moving on. They'll never look back, and i'm glad. Nolan is a great director, and i'm excited to see him take on new and interesting projects. Same with Bale. He doesn't need to make that dumb voice again.

Just saying, If it makes them money, They will bring it back if they are able too. Things always seem to work out that way.

The Monster,
Nick

Not always, no. They were asked back, but they declined. Nolan did TDKR only because they gave him all the money and freedom to do Inception. They asked him to produce, and godfather over the DC films, but he quickly left after Man of Steel.

He's doing his own thing now. The story has moved on. If they bring back Bale's Batman, it wouldn't make any sense, because we already have Affleck's Batman in a brand new continuity.

True but he brings money to the production. This was the reason for the casting, which is more disappointing than just having Affleck as Batman. We could have at least pretended that they "saw" something in his audition or something.

Back