1/6 Hot Toys - MMS274 - TDKR - John Blake with Bat-Signal 1/6th scale Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake

I agree with Difabio, they should have left out all of those themes and just made a different movie. I think the film would have been served better if they took more time on the characters, making them complex and interesting in the way that we know Nolan can do. It just wasted too much time on the tale of two cities nonsense that wasn't thoroughly executed. A perfect example is those deleted scenes about Bane's origin. Ask yourself why they were cut and what took up the time? The bomb plot? Watching the 99% fight back against the 1%? Explaining Bane's ridiculous plan in order to create these themes? None of these are more important than the antagonists origin story, at least imo and yet they were chosen.

Another way that they could have saved a lot of time in the movie would have been completely ditching Catwoman. She was completely superfluous to the plot, a poorly conceived character, made Bruce look like an idiot for repeatedly trusting her for no reason when if she had been a male he just would have thrown her ass in jail, and was only present for a shoehorned-in and criminally underdeveloped romance subplot.

Last edited:

While I hate TDKR and think it's easily the worst of the three, I thought Anne Hathaway was actually a stand out in her performance. Selina Kyle was the only thing I actually liked. I thought she did a great job.

I will agree with you though, the way that the character is written is pretty one-dimensional and the awful clean slate subplot is lame, but Hathaway's attitude saves it I think. That change in personality from maid to thief and the dance where she jacks Wayne's Lamborghini are probably my favorite parts of the film. More of that cat and mouse aspect between Batman and Catwoman would have been great. It's too bad it went the way it did.

Was there ever a comic book Robin where he was an ex cop?

Yup, Blake actually has characteristics from all the Robins, which is why I like the character a lot.

Now i like him even more then.

Though an original character with nothing more than the birth name "Robin", Blake displays many similarities with a couple of incarnations of the character Robin, particularly **** Grayson. Like Grayson, Blake lost his parents as a child, ended up in an orphanage, became a police officer before retiring later to become a vigilante crimefighter, and eventually became an ally of Batman to stop a common enemy. He also has similarities with Tim Drake, as he deduced Batman's secret identity while still a child and has shown considerable faith in Batman's abilities despite his choices and actions. In addition, like Jason Todd, Blake expressed extreme rage over the loss of his parents.

Blake's middle name is "John", same as **** Grayson, the first Robin.

Heres some of the similarities, I stole this from wiki by the way.

Grayson was a vigilante crime fighter before becoming a cop. He was never in an orphanage. He became Bruce's son/ward immediately after the death of his parents.

Blake never expressed "extreme rage" over the death of his parents. There was just that dumb line he had about "feelin' angry in da bones".

Grayson was a vigilante crime fighter before becoming a cop. He was never in an orphanage. He became Bruce's son/ward immediately after the death of his parents.

Blake never expressed "extreme rage" over the death of his parents. There was just that dumb line he had about "feelin' angry in da bones".

He was nicknamed “Hot head” for a reason.

**** Grayson was still technically an orphan when his parents died, he just never lived in an orphanage.

Oh man, Foley, what a piece of ****.

I love TDKR!
Me too! It's great!!!

BatmanTDKR1_052_The_Dark_Knight_Returns.jpg

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :goodpost:

*if only I could rep...

Does anyone know when this will be released?

I don't think any dates have been mentioned yet. I guess we'll have to wait for the pics and specs, but who knows when that will be?

I saw the prototype at Comic Con and got really excited. I'm also excited for the Peter Parker figure as well, but I haven't seen anything about it yet. Boo :(

Instant buy!! Insane sculpt! Just need to decide whether to go for this or for the set with Gordon, specially Gordon's clothing looks great as well!!

^^^ Sure. Just need a completely different outfit and a shotgun... :wink1:

I like to do those dynamic movement poses whenever I can and only if it looks good. Sometimes it just looks really weird.

Back