1/6 Hot Toys - MMS274 - TDKR - John Blake with Bat-Signal 1/6th scale Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Sure. Just need a completely different outfit and a shotgun... :wink1:

I like to do those dynamic movement poses whenever I can and only if it looks good. Sometimes it just looks really weird.

:lol

Yeah, dynamic poses are great but often hard/ impossible to achieve.

I'm almost sure there will be some outfit from a small company.

Then I'd have to get to Blake figures. :gah: :lol

^ Get another head, or a cheaper custom one (for some reason, they tend to look really good, almost like the HT ones.... I don't own any but the pictures really look good), a custom body, and you should be set. Depending if the set includes shoes or hands, you might have to pick those up but they're cheap. Doesn't seem like a hard one to put together.

Yeah, bet you're right. There are other figures that would be harder to assemble but I after all I think the police uniform the HT figure comes with is the most iconic look.

The custom headsculpts (in this case I'd better like to say knock-off since what most of these companies do doesn't have much in common with custom work imo, specially because of the high numbers and many are just recasts) looked pretty good imo but if the HT headsculpt turns out in production like the proto :pray: this is the one to go for, it looks insane accurate imo.

Hot toys farm out the production work for their parts to giant factories. Hot Toys buy in the bodies and heads, then do their own tailoring and paintwork.
But the "bootlegs" are the SAME HEADS that Hot Toys use. Just with slightly sub standard paintwork.
The factories sell the same raw castings to the bootleggers, who then get their own people to do the paintwork. I know a guy who works in one of the factories that make HT head castings, and he said that *mountains* of overspill production get sold on after HT have the quota they asked for.

That would honestly really surprise me since I'm sure they have to stick to certain standards required by the licensors. Just that companies like HT contract other companies for certain parts of their figures wouldn't surprise me, I mean almost no company does everything in their own facilities nowadays.

But I wouldn't see the sense for them, risking the license and additionally indirectly making bootlegs possible by selling unneeded casts. That would reduce the sale rates of their own high value figures so why should they do that? Still think it's more likely that bootleg headsculpts are mostly just re-casted from originals.

Talking about John Blake I just meant the bootleg headsulpts that were on the marked before the HT figure was announced, they're not the same and though they weren't bad HT nailed the likeness way better with their work on this figure imo.

Oh yeah, the ones out there right now don't compare. But once the figure releases, those recast that pop up look almost identitcal, but yeah up vlose, the paint job may be noticeable in quality. I've never owned a recast so I can't vouch.

Hot toys farm out the production work for their parts to giant factories. Hot Toys buy in the bodies and heads, then do their own tailoring and paintwork.
But the "bootlegs" are the SAME HEADS that Hot Toys use. Just with slightly sub standard paintwork.
The factories sell the same raw castings to the bootleggers, who then get their own people to do the paintwork. I know a guy who works in one of the factories that make HT head castings, and he said that *mountains* of overspill production get sold on after HT have the quota they asked for.

I think your friend that said those to you lied. Or exaggerated. These knock off heads do not come from the same place. First, you can tell they are not from the same run/tools because of the material. If it where just over produced heads it would be made out of the same material, color. Which they are not. They are white cheap plastic and resin.

You can also see they are not the same size. It's because they are cast from the mold of the production head. Not from the production mold.

The factories that make these heads are some of the same that make fake sunglasses and nike shoes. I know someone the contracted to have a couple hot toys heads recast. They use a head off a hot toys figure to make the mold.

The factories that do hot toys production are owned by hot toys. In the begining, 2000 ish, they where contracted out. But they bought and built their own production facilities.

Took these in Hong Kong.

FullSizeRender_zpsb03bb33e.jpg

PB280042_zpsbfbe2a97.jpg

PB280040_zpsb00c569c.jpg

Nice pics! I'm liking the JGL likeness! Wish he was sold separately because I'd get a couple of the John Blakes for JGL bashes and cop dudes, but that stupid Bat Signal effs that plan up a lot lol. I understand why HT did it this way, but so sad they can't see a way to make money on it some other way that doesn't force me to spend more on stuff that's not necessarily what I want.

Nice pics! I'm liking the JGL likeness! Wish he was sold separately because I'd get a couple of the John Blakes for JGL bashes and cop dudes, but that stupid Bat Signal effs that plan up a lot lol. I understand why HT did it this way, but so sad they can't see a way to make money on it some other way that doesn't force me to spend more on stuff that's not necessarily what I want.

So just buy the figure on it's own.

Back