My Play Arts Kai Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker SNAKE Figure Video review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome review as always Man,that figure sure is great,how tall is it?Is it 10" as stated when it was announced or just normal 6-7" like other action figures?

It's definitely bigger than the standard 7" figures

This could be the best Big Boss/Snake sculpt ever imo

Very cool. I haven't played PW yet but I may still pick this up if only for it's sheer awesomeness. If it was MGS3 Snake or any vers of Solid Snake, it would be a no brainer. I hope Play Arts makes other characters aswell *cough* Grey Fox *cough*

yea one with green fantiges on.

1277491439999.jpg

:D

^^ ooh I like the green one. I wish it were snake or tiger camo though..

Last edited:
Great review SOLID!
I have the RE 5 PA Kai figures so I had high expectations for this but it looks even better than I thought.

Slick review mate, it was well worth the wait! Great presentation and very thorough (. . . a little too much Hideo love but we'll forgive you that :lol). I'd say MGR Raiden is a no-brainer, I only hope we see Play Arts bringing us MGS1 figures which have so annoyingly been overlooked by Medicom. Who wouldn't want a Solid Snake and Gray Fox?

According to Hideo Kojima's twitter, a zero edition exclusive version is for sale exclusively at the Japan Expo in Paris right now. No pics of this mysterious version yet though!

From Kojima's Twitter Page:

On Friday 25th June 2010, @hideo_kojima_en said:

"Development of action figures takes an extraordinary amount of time and endurance, and love for the product. This time around it took around 1 year to make. Square Enix and we went through much trial and error to come to this quality. That is why the release of the action figure makes me as happy as the launch of the game itself. Enjoy!! "

From Kojima's Twitter Page:

On Friday 25th June 2010, @hideo_kojima_en said:

"Development of action figures takes an extraordinary amount of time and endurance, and love for the product. This time around it took around 1 year to make. Square Enix and we went through much trial and error to come to this quality. That is why the release of the action figure makes me as happy as the launch of the game itself. Enjoy!! "

I saw this the day he posted it on hes twitter.
HIDEO rocks.

that fatigue version looks superior to any of the medicom versions. i think i will pick this one up and save some money that i would have spent on the medicoms and hope for a proper hot toys release someday. :pray:

that fatigue version looks superior to any of the medicom versions. i think i will pick this one up and save some money that i would have spent on the medicoms and hope for a proper hot toys release someday. :pray:

It does look good for a $50 toy but you just can't compare it with any of the medicom releases...

That's cool man! Hopefully, Hot Toys does pick up on the MGS line. Sorry about not having the photos on my profile. Don't know what happened to them. I'll try to upload some new ones later today.

It does look good for a $50 toy but you just can't compare it with any of the medicom releases...

Honestly, I don't mind that this figure is all plasticy. What concerns me the most for any figure is the head sculpt, and it looks fantastic from what I've seen, especially from Rey's review. It certainly wouldn't compare to one of the older RAH Snakes (Tiger Stripe, Croc Cap, Zombie), but it's still a fantastic looking piece.

Back