My PF Lurtz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
I'm no rocket scientist, but to me it seems to be physically impossible without breaking the strap.

i wanted to do that but I do not want to risk on messing it up. I even tried under one leg and then the other but again, I do not want to risk anything.

I initially thought that the strap was snapped on but then I realized that it was glued. It was obviously not going to fit over his head or via legs. I even checked to see if there was something, i.e., a hook or snap on his waist to connect it to. I'm not quite sure HOW I'm gonna display it.....

Just try feeding the pouch between his body and shield arm and then lead the strap over his head? That's what the missus thinks anyway..

And, got my Fedex notice...

darth dyp**** said:
Just try feeding the pouch between his body and shield arm and then lead the strap over his head?

That's my guess as well. Someone see if it works.

Eva Estelle said:
...Got a bit excited yesterday when I came home to find a huge box on my porch, I just new it was Lurtz, upon reaching the box I found out it was just a stoneware Florence tureen and platter set I ordered about a month ago! Oh well.

Eva, Eva, Eva! What is wrong with a tureen and platter set? In my experience, some groovy and exiting things can be done with descent china! If there is one thing that get's to me even more than collecting, it's food! :D

The strap was easy to get on, or at least on mine. :wave

1) Start with the front leg and get it over his foot and the corner of his shin guards.

2) Then slip it over his rear heel

3) From there is it is just a matter of slowly raising up his legs and on to the hips

Pics in a second ...

Gee, makes it sound like Lurtz is a man's doll!!! Putting on straps for an arrow pouch!

Pics -

SideshowPFLurtz014.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz019.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz016.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz031.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz021.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz027.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz018.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz030.jpg

Mini Review -

I absolutely LOVE the leather work on this piece! SS has truly outdone themselves with the combination of real and nicely weathered leather, metal rivets and perfectly blended polystone. You immediately know you are handling something of true quality. The sculpt is incredible, the paintwork on mine is without flaw; there is a reason that these are called PREMIUM format figures.

There are only two small complaints that I have:

1) This figure really feels front-heavy, it just makes me nervous that something could happen down the road

2) The base is obviously hollow, I am sure it would have cost too much to make it solid, but it would have been nicer to feel a bit more solid. That is especially important considering #1.

Congrats to all that got their Lurtz.

I still feel no regret on passing on this piece. The quality of it is obvious but I just do not have that much emotional investment in the character for me to buy a piece of him at that price and size. If they do Aragorn then I would consider it if they nail the Viggo likeness.

I have the SS/Weta Sauron so at the moment that represents LOTR at that scale for me.

Dya get a low number too? And fer cryin' out loud, doesn't anyone have a Lurtz bust to compare it next to???

Radagaster said:
Dya get a low number too? And fer cryin' out loud, doesn't anyone have a Lurtz bust to compare it next to???

I got #91 (I think?!), and no I don't have that bust.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I have the SS/Weta Sauron so at the moment that represents LOTR at that scale for me.

Maybe for the size, but Sauron is NOT in the same scale as Lurtz, even though they're close to each other in height. Sauron is 1/6 and Lurtz is 1/4.

carbo-fation said:
1/4 Sauron!! :drool :drool
Hmmmm. I don't see how that could top the polystone variant. It would only be a 'bit' bigger, and have a fabric cape... Oh, and perhaps a more impressing pose? What scale is the polystone version anyway?

Fantastic looking Statue.

I was never going to get all the PF line and I never had/wanted any Orcs in my SSW Collection so I never really thought about getting PF Lurtz but he is certainly Impressive.

Looking forward to what else the PF line brings out in the coming months (years) :D

LOTRFan said:
I got #91 (I think?!), and no I don't have that bust.

Talking about that... is pordey2 going to start to help us register the PF line edition number again??

Back