My PF Lurtz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alice Adrenochrome said:
Eva, Eva, Eva! What is wrong with a tureen and platter set? In my experience, some groovy and exiting things can be done with descent china! If there is one thing that get's to me even more than collecting, it's food! :D

LOL, don’t get me wrong, I appreciate my set! I enjoy fine dining ware, cooking and meals as well as the next person. I just don’t appreciate UPS playing with my emotions like this, I heard that Fed-X has a tendency to ruin people’s items, but UPS mind games are on a whole other level.

…..I know one thing; I vow not break my dining ware in till Lurtz gets here!

FlyAndFight said:
As expected, Lurtz appears to be THE sharpest looking PF released yet, of any line.

I actually passed my exclusive to a friend and I know he'll be happy big-time! Enjoy, Allan!! :rock

Thanks my friend. :)

This piece is going to be incredible. My wait is almost over!

:banana

tomandshell said:
Dusty!!!

HELP US!!!!!

:lol You're supposed to say "Dusty, help us, you're our only hope!"

I have a note right here to check on it - we'll see what I can turn up on Monday. I've never even attempted to put his arrow bag on, so I have no personal advice to give :eek:

tomandshell said:
For a LOTR item, I guess it should be:
"Dusty, this task was appointed to you, and if you do not find a way, no one will."

:lol :lol .... thats cool........

Mine just arrived this morning, and WOW! I was previously just a little ambivalent about the piece, because of my existing sizeable collection of Sideshow*Weta orcs -- but no more. The level of detail is absolutely astonishing. Every little crack and crag and texture of the skin is visible. And the attention to accurate paint application is as fine as ANY piece I have seen. The fabric/leather/metal application also is totally convincing in person.

This thing is also LARGE - in fact, I can't imagine a collection in 1/4 numbering anywhere close to the number of 1/6 pieces I have. But then, that is probably the point: these are larger, more expensive, more detailed and make a very nice way to highlight major characters just a little bit more. Not every character deserves 1/4 PF treatment. But Lurtz does, and he comes out like gold! As the first item in the new series, and at just 750 pieces for the exclusive, and with one of the most impressive and integrated exclusive items announced to date - I expect this will be a highly sought after piece to say the least.

My pics:

lurtz1.jpg

lurtz2.jpg

lurtz3.jpg

lurtz4.jpg

lurtz5.jpg

Nice, Spaceman!

Like you, I was a little ambivalent about this piece before it arrived. That was over the second I opened the box...

(Just imagine what would happen to this thing on eBay if Sideshow were to announce a PF Boromir next! I know mine wouldn't be going anywhere--so if others feel the same, supply would dry up pretty quickly with all the collectors wanting to pose him with his bow.)

tomandshell said:
Nice, Spaceman!

Like you, I was a little ambivalent about this piece before it arrived. That was over the second I opened the box...

(Just imagine what would happen to this thing on eBay if Sideshow were to announce a PF Boromir next! I know mine wouldn't be going anywhere--so if others feel the same, supply would dry up pretty quickly with all the collectors wanting to pose him with his bow.)

And definitely a good point about Boromir. I always loved his costuming - so rich, yet earthy. I would love to have a getup like that for the local RennFest! In general, the costuming in LOTR was so intricate, they have bit off a big job comitting to mixed media. The first entry in this line was definitely critical, and they really came through. :D

A Boromir PF would rock!! The LOTR lines are so awesome because of not just the story they go with but what SS can do with them. The details in the costumes should really allow SS to show what they can do.

Wonderful pics....and your exactly right about Boromir Tom. Seeing the level of intricacy with Lurtz, Boromir would be excellent. Maybe spooktactular will hold an announcement!!!

jlcmsu said:
A Boromir PF would rock!! The LOTR lines are so awesome because of not just the story they go with but what SS can do with them. The details in the costumes should really allow SS to show what they can do.

Yes, the more I look at Lurtz, the more I think that he is the finest example yet of what can be achieved with a premium format figure.

gambit, since there's only 750 in the exclusive list . . .things can go either way. Just received mine. Edition number is still under 100. He's now proudly displayed in my LOTR room. Thing is, when I compared him to his bust equivalent, this PF has chunkier cheeks, and the leather collar on the bust was hemmed. It made me realize that the PF is actually a sculpt of Makaore, while the bust is a sculpt by Weta of what Lurtz could look like. Overall I'm one happy camper. The nice thing too is that the arms are interchangeable (left to right),though it'll look kinda off. Still, since I already hve an Uruk scout with a bow and scimitar, Lurtz can be the one with the free hand and shield.

Wasn't there a thread somewhere about taking care of PFs and their mixed media costumes?

gambit said:
is there anyone that his/her wait list converted for exclusive?

I am tired of waiting

I start to consider buying the regular instead of waiting :(

Give it time. The regular version will drop in price so there's no harm in waiting. If SS still has them available, the secondary market will drive it's price down.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Say, could you please take a pic of the inside of the box, so I can see how Lurtz was packed inside his box? That would be nice. Is it easy to set him up? To switch hands (bow/sword)?

dsc00150ba6.jpg

dsc00149nf7.jpg

Right side : Bow & Scimitar hands, spare right hand.
Left side : Arrow bag, shield.

Last edited:
Darth Loki said:
Give it time. The regular version will drop in price so there's no harm in waiting. If SS still has them available, the secondary market will drive it's price down.

Yeah, I agree.
Time is with us on this one, so hold on to your waitlist.

Or should I be saying cancel and get the regular (hoping it gets me that little bit closer to a conversion.) :eek:

Personally I think this is the best exclusive in the PF line to date. Leia is a close second.

Back