My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still, there were some great bits like Derpy!! I love that they actually named him 'Derpy'. The part where Fluttershy explains the difference between 'surprised' and 'startled' was adorable. Ah Fluttershy, you're so cute.

I always thought Derpy was a girl? Was I wrong? :lol

Derpy needs a way more feminine voice:lecture

Other then that AWESOME episode!!!

So many great things.

Oh and don't lie to Pinkie Pie because...well...cupcakes.

I was watching it on youtube and it froze up, but I did find this while I was there.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a27oq09lhPw&feature=related[/ame]

so apparently, someone started a campaign on EqD about Derpy being offensive.

I think people just need to stop being offended so damn easily.

there is already a petition over on change.org. it already has 11k signatures

https://www.change.org/petitions/hasbro-studiosthe-hub-do-not-change-derpys-name

the big concern the fandom has is that TECHNICALLY, the name derpy belongs to trip___ on 4chan who posts sometimes as Dr. Foreiner. He's the first one who used the name in a short-story he wrote. i can see hasbro's Lawyers being spooked by that.

All that really NEEDS to be done is he just needs to step forward and say " I give you all the rights associated with that name" and I'm pretty sure Hasbro would cease to care.

Last edited:
Derpy FTW.

Can't wait for tomorrows episode. I have never looked forward to Saturday Mornings this much since I was a little kid. Love this show. Best show on air right now imo.

the big concern the fandom has is that TECHNICALLY, the name derpy belongs to trip___ on 4chan who posts sometimes as Dr. Foreiner. He's the first one who used the name in a short-story he wrote. i can see hasbro's Lawyers being spooked by that.

All that really NEEDS to be done is he just needs to step forward and say " I give you all the rights associated with that name" and I'm pretty sure Hasbro would cease to care.

I actually wondered about this. I was surprised that a huge corporation like Hasbro would use a fandom name for the simple reason that someone would probably come looking for money. Maybe this trip guy had lawyers lined up and once Hasbro used the name he sent cease and desist letters to Hasbro and ilovefine?

I actually wondered about this. I was surprised that a huge corporation like Hasbro would use a fandom name for the simple reason that someone would probably come looking for money. Maybe this trip guy had lawyers lined up and once Hasbro used the name he sent cease and desist letters to Hasbro and ilovefine?

doubtful. The guy writes fanfiction. it would be nearly impossible to prove he created the name, and i've come to learn since earlier today that even if he did, unless he purchased a copyrite on the name, as hasbro used it on a show they already own, it becomes their IP by default.

So, if they keep doing fan nods after this, and they give the doctor a speaking role, who should voice him?
David tenant, or Matt Smith?

I thought this episode was a bit disappointing. You could predict the Flim Flam Brothers cheating from a mile away, thus ensuring that Applejack and the others would win.

When are we gonna get a Fluttershy episode?

New ep was great! Was that an Indiana Jones reference with Daring-Do? And I was wondering why there was a barking dog during the chase. :lol

Derpy FTW.

Can't wait for tomorrows episode. I have never looked forward to Saturday Mornings this much since I was a little kid. Love this show. Best show on air right now imo.

same here! :panic:

I thought this episode was a bit disappointing. You could predict the Flim Flam Brothers cheating from a mile away, thus ensuring that Applejack and the others would win.

When are we gonna get a Fluttershy episode?

march 3rd! :lecture

c6493c74-9f96-40ef-ae4d-9c7513a6d366.png

New ep was great! Was that an Indiana Jones reference with Daring-Do? And I was wondering why there was a barking dog during the chase. :lol

yep, i liked this ep cause it shows how most of us "bronies" were when we first heared of mlp:fim

Man, ate some bad Taco Bell last night and had a Daring-Do. :p

Sorry, couldn't resist. This episode was really awesome. Love the Daring-Do story so much. The cats were cute as hell and loved when they all came out with medievel weapons. Anyone else feel really bad for the poor bandaged up pony? He/she never even got a visitor.

Also gotta say I loved the crazy barking pony at the end. Hope we see more of him.

Back