My Knockoff Red/Gold Excl. Iron Man Arrived!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s nothing wrong with recasts, those that want the real deal can go and pay their $1500+ or so for the real thing. The real ones wont go down in value one bit. I love my knock off G1 Transformers but could never afford to pay $1000+ at least!) for a original MISB TF’er. So I get a KO that looks just like the real thing in its’ nice new box for a small fraction of the cost.

The only problem I have is when people try and sell the KOs as originals and dupe unsuspecting buyers. Obviously those people need to burn in hell. My .02…

There’s nothing wrong with recasts, those that want the real deal can go and pay their $1500+ or so for the real thing. The real ones wont go down in value one bit. I love my knock off G1 Transformers but could never afford to pay $1000+ at least!) for a original MISB TF’er. So I get a KO that looks just like the real thing in its’ nice new box for a small fraction of the cost.

The only problem I have is when people try and sell the KOs as originals and dupe unsuspecting buyers. Obviously those people need to burn in hell. My .02…

I have only one knock off, a G1 Devestator. All my others are MIB or MISB originals. But yeah, I used to spend hundreds on one toy... just so I can have it sealed.. great, now I can't open and play with it, or I defeat the purpose of paying all that extra money to have it as it is. I got out of that a long time ago. Only until recently, have I been pulled back into the Transformers gig, by purchasing a fellow Freak's Jetfire. It's loose, but mint. Which means I have a supremely kick ass toy, and I can actually play with it! Happy happy joy joy! This will also be my first Robitech toy as well. hehe

^ yeah when Takara and Hasbro were re-releasing all the TFers, all I wanted were the Dinobots but I guess the molds were stolen so when the KOs came out, I was in heaven! I could see paying $1000+ for a PF or Maquette but not for ONE little TF'er....

i hope Takara makes a Grimlock and I'd love for them to make all of the Constructicons that connnect to make Devestator!!! :rock

sorry, back on topic....I have no prolbem with knockoffs either if they are sold as knockoffs....however it does boil down to stealing.

ouch!

Why do you say that?

I love LOTR, not nessesarily SS - Just because SS didt make is no reason to hate!

SS is just cashin inlike everyone else. if you REALLY love LOTR, do private commisions only!

Sideshow has nothing to do with the recasts.
Low class people want the quick, cheap and easy way out. They have no dignity or sense of quality.
Sideshow DID make them and someone copied it because they are too lazy to get a job and work for thier money.
btw...I have no idea why you brought up LOTR.??

This is getting good...

0653_homer-eating-popcorn-small-c7873.JPG

Those who purchase the Fakes will only be contributing to the destruction of this hobby.
They are also, knowingly purchasing stolen goods and could be arrested.

I have no problem with recasts as long as they remain within the original purchasers collection. They should at no time ever be sold at a profit.

But we all know that this ain't gonna happen so say no to fakes!

Back