My Knockoff Red/Gold Excl. Iron Man Arrived!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good, i myself really don't have a problem with the recasts, and i'm in (possibly) the middle of one of these situations with purchasing a hulk spidey from a seller off shore, we'll wait and see when i get it. (suppose to be authentic)

AS long AS the purchaser knows before hand.

it's a fact of life from statues to clothes, or even the parts that go into your automobile.
again

AS long AS the purchaser knows before hand.

of course there is always the copyright issues of certain items, and when a company pays for those rights it sucks, i agree. unfortunately in some of these backwards-upside down countries their is not much that can be done about it.

Recasting is not wrong. Recasting and then selling the recasted item is wrong. As I said. I would not have bought this from the recaster, but it's already made it's rounds in the secondary market. Thanks for the advice Rory. I'll take it under advisement.:rolleyes:

What about the box and packing materials and styrofoam? Is it comparable to SS's? has the box art been recreated as well. is the styrofoam shell recreated?

Can we get a pic of the underside of the base? Is it numbered?

weird is that the plates on the back is in correct position. Them re-casters are getting good *shakes head*

I don't have one but I know they recreate everything, the box, foam, etc..its pretty scary...the only thing they can't seem to get perfect is the hole in the base. The real deal base peg hole is a perfect square (or rectangle I can't remember) but the fakes the hole has a irregular shape cut.

I'm opposed to recasting! :lecture But I'm also a hypocrite because if I didn't have an Iron Man and could get one that looks like yours for cheap, I probably would. :eek: How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Recasting is like pregnancy. If my wife and I wanted to have another child she could get artificially inseminated but I prefer to do all the work myself. :banana

What about the box and packing materials and styrofoam? Is it comparable to SS's? has the box art been recreated as well. is the styrofoam shell recreated?

Can we get a pic of the underside of the base? Is it numbered?

Just a plain box and cut out foam. Underside of the base is painted gray. This guy, while being a recaster, obviously wasn't trying to say this was made by Sideshow. The U.S. seller I bought it from said it was a resin copy.

I don't have one but I know they recreate everything, the box, foam, etc..its pretty scary...the only thing they can't seem to get perfect is the hole in the base. The real deal base peg hole is a perfect square (or rectangle I can't remember) but the fakes the hole has a irregular shape cut.

Actually the peg is a perfect square as is the hole for it.

I'm opposed to recasting! :lecture But I'm also a hypocrite because if I didn't have an Iron Man and could get one that looks like yours for cheap, I probably would. :eek: How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Recasting is like pregnancy. If my wife and I wanted to have another child she could get artificially inseminated but I prefer to do all the work myself. :banana

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl When all was said and done 400.00 shipped.

An evil collector? Yes, methinks!!

JK - Thats a good looking knock-off.

I can see both sides of the coin on this, though.

Know where I can get a cave troll on the cheapcheap?:D

An evil collector? Yes, methinks!!

JK - Thats a good looking knock-off.

I can see both sides of the coin on this, though.

Know where I can get a cave troll on the cheapcheap?:D

:rotfl Sorry man. I'm not a pro. Yeah, I coulda kept this to myself and saved a lot of grief. Then again, I've never been afraid of grief...and I've NEVER been known to keep a new acquisition to myself.

Looks nice for a knock-off... wonder if you could rig it with lights seeing as how its made of resin?

Back