Mummy Lottery Buddy Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wetanut said:
Unless my reasoning is off (quite possible), it would seem to me that the folks here could help each other out? Although I do not collect these, I wouldn't mind putting my name into the lottery. If I get lucky, I can then offer to a board member who is a true collector of these pieces. It would be actual cost (shipping included). This has already been mentioned on other threads by some. If it makes sense to you, was thinking that those who TRULY wanted one could put down their names here and would serve as a pool and those of us thinking of passing these on could also identify themselves? I can consolidate on this post as names are submitted? Or am I being crazy?

Plan to enter lottery and pass on:
Wetanut
kain4521
Darth Loki
carbo-fation
PosterBoyKelly
gambit (good for you!! :) )
ZombieReign
Mookeylama

Would like the Mummy:
RoboDad
occulum
Jair
The Monster
lcummins

Wetanut & friends, I think I speak for all of us when I say "Thank you all for making this list & trying to help all of us out who want this peice, You are all very kind." :D

Last edited:
RoboDad said:
We do understand. On the other hand, maybe this buddy system will help make it clearer to Sideshow just how awful the whole lottery process really is, since we have to resort to these measures just to try to buy a piece from them.

:huh
I sure hope SSC will see what they are doing. It's clear that they are testing the waters, and if the feed back is good, we may expect more of this lottery stuff. That's why I think it's best to say "no" right from the start. But I do understand that if you really want this piece, this may be one of the few opportunities to get it.
This really is a tough one for the SSE horror collectors.

I agree with those who think the lottery is a bad idea. I know that I want the the mummy SSE PF because I have the color versions as well as the SSE versions of all the Universal Monsters. I think it looks wonderful to have a "as seen on screen" version standing right next to a "what it would have looked like in color" version.

I would hate to think that I did not have the option for a SSE version of the Mummy because someone saw an easy opportunity to grab a low-numbered PF and make some easy coin on eBay.

None of the other SSE monsters had their PFs handled like this. Is Sideshow going to do a lottery with The Bride of F. when it's time for the SSE version of that figure? Seems to me like Sideshow is making it unduly difficult and or expensive for SSE collectors to complete their collections. After all of the Sideshow figures I've purchased, I would have felt much more appreciated by the company if they'd given me a crack at it the way they did the Dracula SSE bust.

Just my two cents, and please add me to the list for "want it".

Ymmv,

J.A.S.

I plan on entering the lottery and want this piece so if I don't win please add me to the list. Thanks.

While it is great everyone is willing to help those that want it, isn't it actually hurting them? If more people enter the lottery just to help, that gives those that actually want it a less of a chance to get it. This in itself proves the lottery system is lose-lose for the collector and Sideshow.

Buttmunch said:
While it is great everyone is willing to help those that want it, isn't it actually hurting them? If more people enter the lottery just to help, that gives those that actually want it a less of a chance to get it. This in itself proves the lottery system is lose-lose for the collector and Sideshow.

yeah the more i read up on this whole lottery gag the more i'm thinking this may not be that good of an idea, may hurt more people who want it than help. also mught give SS the idea that the lottery is a good thing, and i'm pretty sure it's not.

Mookeylama said:
yeah the more i read up on this whole lottery gag the more i'm thinking this may not be that good of an idea, may hurt more people who want it than help. also mught give SS the idea that the lottery is a good thing, and i'm pretty sure it's not.

I'm hoping Sideshow just takes note of all the issues this is causing, the lottery is just a bad idea for this particular line of PF's.

Evan

Buttmunch said:
You got it!
But its going to happen, so I thought I'd put my name in the hat too.

I will credit SS for openly saying this is only an experiment and Im almost 100% sure we'll never see this lottery system again.
We all learn from mistakes. I just wish they didnt choose to learn this one with the SSE Mummy

thanks for the thread Wetanut

Buttmunch said:

Exactly, and quite sadly ironic too. :eek:

Updated.

Alice -- totally understand and I think others do too.
Mookey -- if you'd like to de-list yourself after considering, please let me know. I'm sure folks will understand.

I agree, Buttmunch; The more people in it, the less chance to win it.

Out of curiosity, have you guys actually paired-up?

Best of luck to you all!

drprtrs.gif

FrankenFan said:
I agree, Buttmunch; The more people in it, the less chance to win it.

Out of curiosity, have you guys actually paired-up?

Best of luck to you all!

drprtrs.gif

Yeah, it may not be the best idea to add more names in the hat, but if the hat is weighted with Freak names, at least the board stands a better chance...

I don't know if Nut intended for people to actually pair up, or just have a list of people willing to try for a list of people wanting it...

...I have it! If any on the list willing to try actually get one, we can have a lottery for the people wanting one! No wait, that is a bad idea!!! :rotfl

Right. I think the more Freaks who enter, the better the chances a Freak will get one... Either for themselves or to pass off.

well, put me on the list but I will only trade to whomever have an X-men vs Sentinel excl. or Ironman Excl. piece if I do win. Is that fair or not?

TOE said:
well, put me on the list but I will only trade to whomever have an X-men vs Sentinel excl. or Ironman Excl. piece if I do win. Is that fair or not?

We won't know for a while, but if you and a fellow board member think it is, that's all that matters...

well, if none has those to trade i will still sell it for retail and hope that one day they can help me with one of the Marvel Excl. i am after. :chew :grouphug

TOE said:
well, if none has those to trade i will still sell it for retail and hope that one day they can help me with one of the Marvel Excl. i am after. :chew :grouphug

I may be able to help you. It won't be cheap though:monkey1

lcummins said:
Yeah, it may not be the best idea to add more names in the hat, but if the hat is weighted with Freak names, at least the board members stand a better chance...

I don't know if Nut intended for people to actually pair up, or just have a list of people willing to try for a list of people wanting it......I have it! If any on the list willing to try actually get one, we can have a lottery for the people wanting one! No wait, that is a bad idea!!! :rotfl

That was my intent -- to put Freaks' names in....better chance for a fellow Freak to win?
Lonnie -- you read me right. No point in buddying up until we know if any of the names have hit jackpot?

List updated to here. :)

Back