Muhammad Ali vs Bruce Lee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muhammad Ali vs Bruce Lee

• Total voters
Can you imagine if it was any other little asian guy 5"5 145 pounds soaking wet and you want him to have basically a street fight with not only someone bigger and stronger but the heavyweight champion of the world!!! not only the heavyweight champion of the world but the greatest of all time........damn some people love the movies a little to hard, i mean whats next stallone in his prime against tyson?......john wayne against portugal?........come on respect where its due

I think greatlakes meant ask Chuck about Bruce's odds vs Ali. The more time I've had to contemplate this thread the less chance I think he'd have. I'm quite positive Lee himself wouldn't be as cocky about his chances as his fanboys.

You are correct, not Chuck vs. Lee. Ali vs. Lee. The best person to ask, if possible, would be one with the most knowledge of the subjects.

My mistake :)

........damn some people love the movies a little to hard...

More like "damn some people know a fair bit about martial arts and can tell the difference between Lee's film style and his fighting style".

Bruce Lee got mauled by Judo Gene repeatedly.

Bruce Lee put one of his students in a movie who was actually a pro ball player, because Lee wanted to beat someone on film that he said himself, "too big to beat for real"

Said that his fans want him to fight Ali, said he would like to someday, but said, "look at the size of his fists, he would kill me"

Trained with Chuck Norris repeatedly over the years, but they never fought because as Norris puts it, "I was a professional fighter"

On and on. Many people agree that Bruce was a great, humble guy, fast and skilled, a good teacher and constant learner, but also he was smart enough to understand reality. Some of the statements about him in this thread go beyond hero worship. :lol

Gene LeBell "mauling" Lee is along the same lines as Bruce Lee getting pissed at Bob Hall and kicking him to teach him a lesson. They were all professionals and never fought each other for real and there is no evidence of a real sparring match. Remember, Bruce lived off of his ability to make martial arts pictures, he never want to jeopardize that by injuring one of his costars.

Now big wrestling types like Gene would pose a considerable problem for Bruce. It's also common knowledge that Lee made a point to learn from Lebell about grappling. If there was ever a smaller guy who could take out a world class big guy like Ali, it was going to be Lee.

Everything about this particular matchup reverses roles on Ali for the most part. As a fighter so used to being the quickest in every match he was in, I don't think he'd be nearly as prepared as Lee to adjust his style to fit an opponent who fought so very differently from himself.

As Ali himself proved in his greatest match with Foreman, a fighter's greatest asset is his mind. As for Frazier, he got lucky as hell and he knew it! :lol Still, it was a testament to how much punishment he could endure... on the upper body. Lee could easily catch the long legs of Ali and make him pay dearly for his lack of defenses.

Lee was the greatest fighting genius of the 20th century whether you kid yourselves that the man couldn't win a real professional fight or not. If his principles were not tried and true, no one would follow his lead. As it is his basic approach to fighting has now completely replaced boxing as the premiere fighting sport in the US. Stuntmen can't pull that **** off.

You are seriously underestimating Gene LeBell. Calling him a wrestling type stuntman is as inaccurate as calling Lee just an actor.

Also, he was innovative and searching for solutions but the philosophies he espoused and their applications to fighting had probably been implemented in China since about 400 BC or at the very latest 900 AD.

You are seriously underestimating Gene LeBell. Calling him a wrestling type stuntman is as inaccurate as calling Lee just an actor.

Also, he was innovative and searching for solutions but the philosophies he espoused and their applications to fighting had probably been implemented in China since about 400 BC or at the very latest 900 AD.

Who are you talking to? I didn't call him a stuntman.

Perhaps I misunderstood the last line in your post about a stuntman not pulling something off? I took it as referring to LeBell.

Perhaps I misunderstood the last line in your post about a stuntman not pulling something off? I took it as referring to LeBell.

Nah, I was referring to how some guys talk about Lee.

For me it's still comes down to in a street fight (not boxing match) Lee just has more tools in the toolbox.

Ahh gotcha. Its funny how back in the old days these guys all shared with each other: Chuck taught Bruce to kick above the waist, Bruce taught Chuck WC close range principle, Gene taught all of them grappling, Joe Lewis shared his competition side kick...

Today everyone hates each other with no respect.

Wait till Hot Toys makes Will Smith Iron Man figures.

hellno.jpg

That's something Will Smith would say. He'd make a great Wonder Woman.

Also, if he were Iron Man, they'd have to find a role for his son. Jarvis maybe? How about give Tony Stark a son and have a "lil' Iron Man"?

Back