mr barlow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Salem's Lot remains one of my top horror films, I welcome the changes made to Kings story as far as Barlow goes, it still creeps me out, much more than a suave Rutger Hauer :lol

Thanks for the portfolio comments :joy

I am doing Barlow, Straker, and possibly one of the Glick boys afterward as the scratching on the window makes me wet myself from creepiness still..LOL
He will probably fit Mego size, just add P.J.'s !!!! .. ha..ha

I should be able to post a pict within a week of Barlow. It will need to be molded twice as its not a big head. I get the impression that some of you prefer the Sideshow (over sized) heads . I dont mind a smaller scale head but I'm going to enlarge it anyway.

Out of curiosity, what bodies do all of you prefer using w customs ??
I'm just trying to get a grasp on what size head is preferable

Please give me some feedback folks, it will effect my future sculpts and offerings :google

I don't know what to say other then it should be 1/6 scale. I will probably use a dragon body or a sideshow art s buck.

Salem's Lot remains one of my top horror films, I welcome the changes made to Kings story as far as Barlow goes, it still creeps me out, much more than a suave Rutger Hauer :lol

Thanks for the portfolio comments :joy

I am doing Barlow, Straker, and possibly one of the Glick boys afterward as the scratching on the window makes me wet myself from creepiness still..LOL
He will probably fit Mego size, just add P.J.'s !!!! .. ha..ha

I should be able to post a pict within a week of Barlow. It will need to be molded twice as its not a big head. I get the impression that some of you prefer the Sideshow (over sized) heads . I dont mind a smaller scale head but I'm going to enlarge it anyway.

Out of curiosity, what bodies do all of you prefer using w customs ??
I'm just trying to get a grasp on what size head is preferable

Please give me some feedback folks, it will effect my future sculpts and offerings :google

Seems most people will use either Dragon, Hot Toys or Sideshow. Good thing is that if you fit it to a Dragon neck post it will work with pretty much any of the major ones.

Here's mine.......

a few people have been pointing this out: Yes, his ears are different. In the movie he does have pointy ears, but the top portion of the left ear is missing for some reason. Might have made som interesting backstory material, that missing chunk.

This is also only a partial paint-up. It's the original clay sculpt. I only did the eyes and mouth for effect.

sculptbarlow1.jpg

sculptbarlow2.jpg

sculptbarlow3.jpg

barlow.jpg

Hi
I have a 1/4 scale and 1/6 scale head in the works,, along w some other characters , as I um.....like Mr Barlow a lil bit :lol

Im not ready for picts but heres the life size I sculpted and another smaller scale version......

lbar0.jpg

barcost copy.jpg

and

mastercoll.jpg

Ill have him soon :)

Russ

I wet myself over the perfection of these sculpts. Personally I use Dragon bodies. Always willing to modify myself as long as the neck is large enough to accept the drilling needed.

Yeah,
I'm using a Sideshow Buck body for my form. I'll leave the neck a lil longer than I think is needed for others using different bodies then . but the width of the neck will be off the sideshow plug, cool ?? SO I will probably try to enlarge the head a little bit :)
At some point

Russ

Yeah,
I'm using a Sideshow Buck body for my form. I'll leave the neck a lil longer than I think is needed for others using different bodies then . but the width of the neck will be off the sideshow plug, cool ?? SO I will probably try to enlarge the head a little bit :)
At some point

Russ

Great, can't wait to see it! :banana

Yeah,
At some point

Russ

That should work fine. Can always scrounge a Buck if I need one too.

Sovereign, the head on yours looks too round, the mouth too small and the eyes too close. His nose looks a liitle too turned upward as well as his ears being too close to the head.

Sovereign, the head on yours looks too round, the mouth too small and the eyes too close. His nose looks a liitle too turned upward as well as his ears being too close to the head.

i completely disigree, the eys are too big and too far apart. the nose NEEDS to be turned up more, the ears ARE too close, but the head is way too skinny.

I don't want to be an ass, but I don't think we should allow Mr Barlow's thread to be de-railed by talk of somebody else's project.

I don't want to be an ass, but I don't think we should allow Mr Barlow's thread to be de-railed by talk of somebody else's project.

I don't want to be an ass, either. But in my defense, this was not actually Mr Barlow's thread. It was a thread started by Toyreveewer asking if anyone had done/ was doing a Barlow sculpt. I did, so I threw mine in for consideration. If it had been a thread started by Mr Barlow to promote his work, I would not have posted my head here.

Toyreveewer's first post:
okay i was just watching "salems lot" from 1979 and i was wondering why no one has ever created a mr barlow from this tv movie.i would love this! if anyone has ever made one we wanna see em! and i will be making my own shortly..

Last edited:
True. It's the thread title that made me forget somebody else started it. :lol

Still, it did evolve into his thread and I think the people debating the merits of your sculpt could do so in the thread you started. Just my opinion, don't really care.

I am frequently an ass.

However there is plenty of evil vampire love to go around.

Like this: Ubervamp------>
DSCN0752.jpg

OK, back to the regularly scheduled Barlow discussion. :)

Russ if you ever feel like making that Jerry Dandridge in 1/6 I'm in for one. I love that movie.

Evil Ed would be cool too.

Well,
Awhile back I had started 1/6 ish scale heads for a number of characters which I keep in a divided art supply portable box. I had planned on doing more model kits or mini busts to sell. I used to take that with me on trips so Id always have stuff to sculpt.

There was a Dandridge started in there, But I'm not sure if he's still there or if I re purposed him. I should check. I remember stopping on him as I didn't have reference with me when I was sculpting it.

Finishing up the 1/6 Barlow has made me think about maybe getting back on the Dandridge head, as I too believe you can never have enough vampires :rolleyes:
His clothes would be simple, pants,shirt, and if someone could do the Grey leather trench, that would be the only real stumbling block.
So....mebbie I will put that in the " to finish " lineup :whip

Russ

Back