Movies to get even MORE changes!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be more interested in new scenes and a little more connections between sagas than just replacing Jabba and Yoda. The puppets are what I remember most and had enough character all on their own.... would be strange to see the films without them...

But as I said... down for whatever... :cool:

DarkArtist81 said:
I'd be more interested in new scenes and a little more connections between sagas than just replacing Jabba and Yoda. The puppets are what I remember most and had enough character all on their own.... would be strange to see the films without them...

But as I said... down for whatever... :cool:

I know what you mean. While I'm for CGI everything, I kinda think they have to do it in stages for many people to accept them.

Darth Sheba said:
I seem to be the only one here who wouldn't shell out a dime for any newfangled OT.

Nope, I think I'll hang on to all my change too. I may netflix them just to see but my buying every dang Star Wars version are done.

gdb said:
The sad thing is, even with that, Lee's fight in ROTS was better than his fight in AOTC.

Actually, what's sad is how badly the character was wasted. I seem to recall Peter Jackson saying something about killing off your villain from the last film as being a bad way to start the next film. But I digress....

I'd love to see Bail Organa look up at the Deathstar before it cremates the planet.

And I'm always down with more screen time for my favorite character....:emperor

tomandshell said:
John Williams said something in an interview about editing the music to A New Hope to add in the Imperial March when Vader first appears.

That is the one thing I was sad didn't change in the last DVD release, it would have been ok if the Imperial March were only used in ESB and ROTJ, but when he incorporated it into the prequels, it's absence in ANH just seems weird.

tomandshell said:
John Williams said something in an interview about editing the music to A New Hope to add in the Imperial March when Vader first appears.

Urgh. I don't think we need the Imperial March blaring every damned time Vader sticks a toe in frame.

Musically, what I really wouldn't mind is a variation on Across The Stars to play when Padme dies or during the Vader/Luke fight, although I love the Duel music as it stands.

Jimmy Smits in IV would be interesting. Seeing the destruction of Alderan and how it effects Leia would make that scene more compelling I think.

Customikey said:
Actually, what's sad is how badly the character was wasted. I seem to recall Peter Jackson saying something about killing off your villain from the last film as being a bad way to start the next film. But I digress....

I'd love to see Bail Organa look up at the Deathstar before it cremates the planet.

And I'm always down with more screen time for my favorite character....:emperor

You know, you just made me think of something, it's too bad the very first thing in Jedi is Vader arriving at the Death Star, cuz it might be cool to see some scheming scene and have Palpatine dispatch Vader ahead of him to check on things.

tomandshell said:

I hope he meant rescoring. The SW films suffer from too much music editing as it is, and it gets ridiculous in situations like the Reel 6 of AOTC. And it's a shame, because Williams really developed (and reverse-engineered) his score to make perfect sense if used as written.

Hey, if we can dream, why not let Williams write and rewrite all the bits he and GL want redone, and then hire the London Symphony Orchestra for a few days and finally give us SW scores with complete integrity?

MaulFan said:
You know, you just made me think of something, it's too bad the very first thing in Jedi is Vader arriving at the Death Star, cuz it might be cool to see some scheming scene and have Palpatine dispatch Vader ahead of him to check on things.

We might get to see something there -- the infamous Luke/Vader psychic conversation, followed by the Droids arriving to take Luke's message to Jabba.

(There's some confusion if this was filmed or not, but it was definitely scored by John Williams: the music is on the SE CD. And Williams doesn't score to storyboards -- he must've had cut film in front of him.)

I'd love to see that scene reinstated for a lot of reasons -- it would be a nice bookend with their psychic conversation at the end of Empire, explain why Vader isn't hot on Luke's trail on Tatooine, and bring the whole Jabba sequence in closer relation to the rest of the movie.

jlcmsu said:
I'm interested to read more for sure. I'm waiting for the six disc set to come out and thought it would come out this year but maybe not.

Yep. I don't own ANY of the movies on DVD as I've been holding out for all of them in a single box set - I knew it was a given sooner or later.

Customikey said:

What's all the more ironic, is that's what he did to Chris Lee in the Extended Cut of ROTK.

The only truly surprising thing here is that this is even news. Many of us have known about this for years (though LFL won't make it official until they're ready, which is their standard M.O.)

Oh... and Yoda in the OT will never EVER be redone in CG. So don't worry about that.

Back