Movies to get even MORE changes!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure. But the way I see it, we will always have the unaltered Classic films... so the more he can do to make the existing six films work more seemlessly together, the better.

Look, I'm a purist too... but watching the duels in the PT and then watching the one at the end of ANH is just painful. There is just no way that is the same Obi-Wan.

And Lucas can't use the "Yeah, but he's old" excuse, either... 'cause look at Dooku and Palpatine flipping all over the place in the PT.

So, there are essentially TWO Star Wars sagas now. The unaltered Classic trilogy... and then the PT with the tweaked OT. And the latter still needs some work, no matter how much it might bother some folks.

IrishJedi said:
Sure. But the way I see it, we will always have the unaltered Classic films... so the more he can do to make the existing six films work more seemlessly together, the better.

Look, I'm a purist too... but watching the duels in the PT and then watching the one at the end of ANH is just painful. There is just no way that is the same Obi-Wan.

And Lucas can't use the "Yeah, but he's old" excuse, either... 'cause look at Dooku and Palpatine flipping all over the place in the PT.

So, there are essentially TWO Star Wars sagas now. The unaltered Classic trilogy... and then the PT with the tweaked OT. And the latter still needs some work, no matter how much it might bother some folks.

Oh I agree, I would LOVE to see the Jedi duels reworked and improved. I am just worred about HOW they would do it. I guess digital images.

What worries me is that I don't want them to go from one side totally to the other. From the slow, poor duel in ANH to one with Obi-Wan and Vader flipping around all over the place. A nice medium wouldbe nice.

Even though others would call it a disgrace I'd like to see both Vader/Luke duels improved as well.

As long as I now have the originals on DVD, Lucas can do whatever he wants now.

Nowadays, I would probably just watch the latest updates and that is it.

Any new versions I want is just a box set of all six and then a box set of the HD versions. That's it, I won't buy any more. And they better include the replaced version of Yoda that they did. Although that might not happen because it was just a test they did for Episode III and not really meant to be used, but I still prefer it.

Anyways, I would expect a box set this September (I guess they like September) along with the new Star Wars game (please come out for PC) and the Indiana Jones game.

And then possibly the HD versions next year with Battlefront 3 or even KOTOR 3.

I'm stoked about this news! It's great!

I would love to see all the fights reworked, new lightsaber stuff is always cool. So do you think they'll release the boxed set in HD then? I'd love it on Blu-Ray.:maul

i dont think they should particularly change it..but there was a vid online of the ANH duel with faster editing and battle of the Heroes or whatever it was called playing... it was really good. speeded up the fight much more

I don't think the ANH duel needs to be altered to fit with the ROTS duel, ANH was about the dialogue and Obi-Wan's expression and sort of taking in what his former Padawan had become, with Vader approaching with a ****y attitude that Obi-Wan had aged and was no match for him and he needed to put forth very little effort to take him, where ROTS was about Anakin wanting to display his power in full and Obi-Wan working around taking down his best friend but attacking him like an enemy at the same time.

KitFisto said:
Oh I agree, I would LOVE to see the Jedi duels reworked and improved. I am just worred about HOW they would do it. I guess digital images.

What worries me is that I don't want them to go from one side totally to the other. From the slow, poor duel in ANH to one with Obi-Wan and Vader flipping around all over the place. A nice medium wouldbe nice.

Even though others would call it a disgrace I'd like to see both Vader/Luke duels improved as well.

I think that they can keep some of the original footage of ANH and add more to it. And by more I mean more than just footage. More Emotion! I mean this fight is the REMATCH of ROTS. Vader should be FULL of emotion and hate towards Obi Wan. I'm sure that James Earl Jones can add some more lines that conveymore anger than " I've been waiting for you Obi Wan".

I think that it could work by using extras. The beauty of it is that Obi Wan has his hood up all the time! You can have an extra play Obi Wan, and Vader is in a suit!

Maybe you can have the fight drag out through the bowels of the Death Star, with Vader and Obi wan leaping through casms,not crazy flipping just SOME. Perhaps even change the scene where Obi Wan fades away, Have Darth Vader deflect Obi Wans lightsaber and take a VICIOUS hack at Obi wan as he's fading away.(Like the one he took at Luke in ESB where he cuts the "pole" in half.

Don't get me wrong, I grew up watching the originals and as someone posted it would be as having two versions. I would enjoy seeing what can be added.

At this point I would expect that it would be released in Blu-Ray, that's just because of how Fox has its stance on HD format, however since that won't be any time soon it could possibly change. I'd rather have it in HD-DVD anyway.

I'm game for any changes, I think its exciting to see what else there is, especially if it increases continuity. As for the ANH duel, I would like to see some things changed, but not too much. My biggest concern would be it looking too fake. But it definitely needs more emotion, its a bit too anti-climatic after the ROTS duel.

Oh so this is the long rumored "souped-up" Jedi fight changes that I was hearing my lil bro talk about.

It's silly that he keeps doing this but you brought up a lot of good points...fans will buy it...as much as they hate it, as long as it has STAR WARS on it...they will buy it.

I passed on all the Prequel and OT DVDs (except ROTS) cause I knew eventually a big Star Wars saga 6-pack or whatever was going to be coming eventually. I suppose now this will be it after Lucas is done fiddling around.

Darth Sheba said:
I seem to be the only one here who wouldn't shell out a dime for any newfangled OT.

Nope. I have the newest DVDs with the OG OT -- that's it for me (cool rhyme, no?!).

I don't find any of the tinkering to be benefitial at all, ex. the inclusion of Jabba into ANH was dreadful to say the least.

:sick

pixletwin said:
Revision is nothing new in the musical world. Beethoven, Liszt, Wagner were all notorious for revising their older compositions.

Besides you know what I want most:

A much more dramatic final confrontation between Vader and Old Ben. I am not talking about Sir Alec monkey jumping all around Vader but I would like a more dramatic conclusion to their relationship because, as it is now, it just falls flat after watching ROTS.

I want Vader to scream at him I WAS THE CHOOSEN ONE! LOL

I'll bet one of the new scenes is the "Dianoga attack" scene... it was originally planned to shoot, but Lucas said the dianoga looked like a big pile of poo so he scraped the scene. I've always been curious what that thing was really supposed to look like -- although I like the scene as is where you only see its eye and tentacle. However, now with CGI, Lucas can finally have the dianoga rise up out of the muck when he attacks Luke.

Well, he did change the Dianoga for the 2004 DVD, if not earlier. It blinks now, and all that.

But yeah, that scene could probably be improved, even though it's basically a throwaway moment.

Seretur said:
Well, he did change the Dianoga for the 2004 DVD, if not earlier. It blinks now, and all that.

But yeah, that scene could probably be improved, even though it's basically a throwaway moment.

I forgot he added the "blink"... If I remember correctly, the original planned scene had the dianoga quite large, with tentacles flailing, while Han and Leia tried to pull Luke from its grasp. The "animatronic" poo just never worked right and was less than convincing apparently.

Logically, this never really made sense to me because if its so big how does it get out of the room? In my mind now, with the scene as is, I see it as something about the size of a large octopus that can flatten out and squeeze under the converging walls.

Anyway, like the added Wampa footage, I can see Lucas wanting to try and put this scene back the way he saw it in his mind. Plus, its a substantial "extra" to advertise.

Agreed. It would be easy enough showing the reverse angle of the Dianoga as Han shoots it, after they get out -- presently, the film has to make do with just a sound effect. And it doesn't sound scary enough to make Chewie cower!

Still, I think that the "less is more" attitude usually helps. Which is why I'm not a fan of the Wampa addition in ESB -- if only they shot the creature a little more moodily, a little less in your face...

Seretur said:
Still, I think that the "less is more" attitude usually helps. Which is why I'm not a fan of the Wampa addition in ESB -- if only they shot the creature a little more moodily, a little less in your face...

Yes, totally agree. "Jaws" proves the unseen is generally more scary. I also much preferred hearing about Jabba for 2 films before seeing him -- and the new "Hangar Jabba" really did a disservice to his largeness. If they change anything, they should go back and cut that scene out again, OR completely redo it -- its been 10 years, they should be able to do a better Jabba AND cut Han walking over his tail...if they really want to keep the scene.

Wor-Gar said:
Yes, totally agree. "Jaws" proves the unseen is generally more scary. I also much preferred hearing about Jabba for 2 films before seeing him -- and the new "Hangar Jabba" really did a disservice to his largeness. If they change anything, they should go back and cut that scene out again, OR completely redo it -- its been 10 years, they should be able to do a better Jabba AND cut Han walking over his tail...if they really want to keep the scene.

The only purpose the stepping on the tail served was prepare me for Jar Jar. I gotta believe that with today's technology they can have Han pass infront of Jabba. Or at least cut to Jabba's close up or... anything, really.

Back