Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talking to a other dealer today and he's been very wary of them from the start, he says he knows someone who has £12000 in orders with MB because they were so cheap, ouch!!

Thankfully the card i used got cancelled and i have a new one anyway so they haven't got any card details of mine that work :lol
They have my paypal address and address, that's about it.

I'm still waiting for the letter from the bank, annoys me how it takes so long to send a letter out?!

I am waiting on a letter to. If I don't get it tomorrow I will chase. Re credit card details. Don't think they had many as they used world pay as a card handler. You might get them saved if given over the phone I suppose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WorldPay (Streamline is one of their 'brand' names) should keep information confidential, since that is the way secure payment services operate.. but I never ordered anything from Mother's Basement, so I am not familiar with their ordering procedure.. in other words, if MB had access to any of that information prior to it being processed by WorldPay..

They had access to your address but the banking was on the world pay site

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wouldn't know. Statue man myself.

Just seems strange. No history, I can see with a quick search, of high end stuff then six of everything.

It's also the stuff that people were waiting for from MB over Xmas - DX13, 1/4 scale DKR etc

Probably just making something out of nothing though

Sideshow Classics Spidey (Cold Cast Bronze effect)...

Not that popular or available with other dealers (just look at the thread on here about the classics, the line tanked).

I wonder the one on Ebay was mine...

Much more expensive than MB was, but that listing pretty much covers all the stuff that was in stock/delayed on MB. Including the Darth Malgus that I stupidly paid them for 10 days ago.

Wouldn't that contradict the claims of them not being able to pay for goods in November

Talk about a return on investment...Going by that company My Superman III 1/6 is now worth twice what I paid for it!

I was so close to buying a Batmobile from them in November for Xmas but I started to smell something was amiss when I was getting different answers to questions about stock.

They also were wanting to advertise on The Hottoycast and how they spoke had a certain dickish vibe that put me off. That and the fact that I wasn't cmfortable having an unreviewed company as a sponsor on our show.

I was so close to buying a Batmobile from them in November for Xmas but I started to smell something was amiss when I was getting different answers to questions about stock.

They also were wanting to advertise on The Hottoycast and how they spoke had a certain dickish vibe that put me off. That and the fact that I wasn't cmfortable having an unreviewed company as a sponsor on our show.

You gonna talk about this whole thing in next toycast?!!

You gonna talk about this whole thing in next toycast?!!

Hmmm.. I think Eamon would be well advised to wait until the bankruptcy hearing has been held and all the details are known before including it in a Hottoycast discussion .. the Mother's Basement management might get litigious, if anything inaccurate was said, prior to all the facts being in the public domain.. however a discussion on 'safe buying' practises for collectors, would be useful in the meantime.. just a thought.

I am sure we will discuss it on the next podcast but yeah, we would have to tread a little carefully and like you say Taibhse, we would go on a more general buyer beware angle.

Nothing wrong with discussing the facts. A lot of people have lost money directly because of MB.

Agreed.., however after looking at some of the available data, the irrefutable facts appear to be that Mother's Basement has gone bust and a large number of their customers are out of pocket as a result.. beyond that everything starts to get extremely complex.

So far, I have not been able to ascertain if a receiver was appointed before (or since) Mother's Basement collapsed or who the unnamed primary creditor was.. since it is claimed (by MB management) that the primary creditor seized all the existing stock.
A receiver for example, should have the details of where the money ended up and who the creditors are.. which would help clarify things considerably.

Back