Moria ORC PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 1st thoughts were the Weta bust. I'm sure this will be a great piece, hard to go wrong with the bad guys.

orc3.jpg

orc.jpg

I "slightly" prefer the bust over the PF headsculpt. The over-shinyness of
the PF is a detractor for me, and just something about the bust is more perfect.

Having said that, the PF looks great, and if they don't tone down the shine
to the finish, I'd just have it dullcoated to match the bust finish, so no biggie.

C'mon change-o-head! That has just GOT to be an option for this PF.

JS

Apparanly there is no dental plan for orcs in Moria. He seems to have lost a tooth. :horror

Only problem for me that's gonna come up with this, is I start my new job on Wednesday, so I might not be able to get my order in on Thursday for the Ex when it goes up :( Oh well theres always the waitlist.

I "slightly" prefer the bust over the PF headsculpt. The over-shinyness of
the PF is a detractor for me, and just something about the bust is more perfect.

Having said that, the PF looks great, and if they don't tone down the shine
to the finish, I'd just have it dullcoated to match the bust finish, so no biggie.

C'mon change-o-head! That has just GOT to be an option for this PF.

JS

The one true thing I do not like about the Moria Orc PF head sculpt is the missing tooth, I don't know why but its just nagging at me :lol

First of all I wanna say I'll surely order this Pf, second for me the PF headsculpt and paint application look more natural and realistic than the weta bust which looks a little bit cartoonish.

Not bad will wait for more pics.Just not sure i can be purchasing every generic character since the PF's take up so much room.

^^ about the shine. Didn't the Moria Orcs have that sweaty slimy look to them in the movie? If so, I'd say it's more accurate. Anyone have any pics of the moria orcs? talking head shots here.

Lol at the missing tooth.

This is really growing on me. I think it will turn out amazing helmeted head or not. Another cool exclusive idea could be interchangable hands with a sword or bow.

Whats with all the complaining?? There is no pleasing some people and I think whatever SS releases people will moan,noan,moan!!
"We want Orcs and Armoured characters".....you get both with this little fella and there are still groans going out. 'He has a tooth missing, he's too shiny,his face looks funny'. Great to have a opinion but at the end of the day he is an Orcses who runs around in wet dark places and I doubt whether Mummy and Daddy Orc made little Jimmy(coz thats what I've called him) brush and floss everyday before he went out to play scavenging with his little friends. Personally I think it will be a great statue and a DEFINATE buy for me as he looks 100% better than the abominations that are Frodo,GTW and Galadriel.My two pennies.

Whats with all the complaining?? There is no pleasing some people and I think whatever SS releases people will moan,noan,moan!!
"We want Orcs and Armoured characters".....you get both with this little fella and there are still groans going out. 'He has a tooth missing, he's too shiny,his face looks funny'. Great to have a opinion but at the end of the day he is an Orcses who runs around in wet dark places and I doubt whether Mummy and Daddy Orc made little Jimmy(coz thats what I've called him) brush and floss everyday before he went out to play scavenging with his little friends. Personally I think it will be a great statue and a DEFINATE buy for me as he looks 100% better than the abominations that are Frodo,GTW and Galadriel.My two pennies.

:lecture You hit the nail right on the head! This is a great looking PF, and my only decision will be whether to buy one or two [ if the excl. is a helmeted head I'll be buying two!] :D

I agree people complain just to complain sometimes. Arguing likeness or tooth accuracy on a piece like this is dumb. They are orcs. There is a spectrum of flexibility as to how they are supposed to look. Kudos to Sideshow and hopefully the exclusive will pan out for those expecting something good.

And yeah, when Sideshow produces bad pieces we have to tell them. The other 3 you mention are okay but far from great. They could have done better and they need to do better to keep the LOTR PF line relevant.

For me, it's not even close to an issue of "likeness" -- as you say, there are any number of orcs. I just don't really like the way this particular orc looks. Simple as that. Admittedly, I'm never going to be collecting the LOTR PF line. There are just too many mediocre entries for a good Aragorn or orc to make up for.

How did I miss this great news! A must-have for me. If sideshow does the same justice to this as it did to Lurtz, I can only drool at the thought of having this one in my collection. :rock

Back