Morethanatimelords custom creations from the vortex

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stage 3 of the wirrn. the legs have been made from pipe cleaners to give that furry insect look...i know its not up to the standard of the amazing pieces on this forum but hey this thing is completely home made :)

DSCF3209.jpg

lol yup its getting the head sculpts that is the problem :)

iv been doing a little more work on the tardis console and should have more pics of that up soon

stage 3 of the wirrn. the legs have been made from pipe cleaners to give that furry insect look...i know its not up to the standard of the amazing pieces on this forum but hey this thing is completely home made :)

DSCF3209.jpg

Look at it this way,the original prop for the TV series was probably built out of similar stuff,the Wirrn larvae was definitely constructed with green colored bubble wrap so your use of pipe cleaners could be spot on!

thank you for the kind comments gents :)

heres my 1/6 scale TARDIS console so far. painting and plinth are finished just detailing,controls and time rotor to do next

DSCF3215.jpg

lol theres no stopping me at the moment :D iv got the tardis console bug.

i have started on the paul mcgann tv movie console from doctor who the movie

DSCF3220.jpg

still a long way to go on this one. i didnt really know how it could be done so i set out making it blind really and it hasnt come out that bad really :)

a couple of additions to the tv movie console...

DSCF3225.jpg

iv added card to the edge of the base to make it look thicker and more like a table as the console did in the movie.

DSCF3227.jpg

iv also covered the joins where the panels meet with thin strips of card

here is the console sitting on the older tardis console plinth. while i wont be using that plinth i just wanted to get a sense of the scale it will be and its going pretty well

DSCF3226Correction.jpg

The Tardis console is coming along nicely. Where would I be able to buy foamcore from as I want to have a go at making a mini diorama for some of the Classic 5" Doctor Who figures when they are released.

The Tardis console is coming along nicely. Where would I be able to buy foamcore from as I want to have a go at making a mini diorama for some of the Classic 5" Doctor Who figures when they are released.

foamcore or foamboard as its called in the uk can be found on ebay in different batch sizes i bought 10 sheets of A3 5mm thick for £12.95 plus £4.00 p&p. just do a search on ebay for foamcore or foamboard you will find it :)

well here is one panel done on the classic tardis console

DSCF3230.jpg

thanks to nick for some very handy scans of dials and stuff

foamcore or foamboard as its called in the uk can be found on ebay in different batch sizes i bought 10 sheets of A3 5mm thick for £12.95 plus £4.00 p&p. just do a search on ebay for foamcore or foamboard you will find it :)

well here is one panel done on the classic tardis console

DSCF3230.jpg

thanks to nick for some very handy scans of dials and stuff

Thanks for the info,ebay will be my best bet as there's no decent craft stores in my area.
Do you plan on having a lightup time rotor on your Tardis console?

yup the plan is a simple but effective one, iv bought one of those LED push light things you see in the shops usually made by the company JML. il make a hole in the underneath of the console base and then plase the LED push light in the base of the plinth. hey presto a light up time rotor :)

i plan to light up the tv movie tardis console in a simular way too but with a few added surprises ;)

i started on the time rotor for the the tv movie tardis last night, not as easy as it looks i can tell you!

DSCF3248.jpg

the time rotor is in 2 halfs just like the movie :)

yup

thats a beautiful concept art picture of gallifrey from the bbc website shrunk down to size

lol they should do a doctor who movie with the daleks visiting gallifrey to talk peace and while the dalek stands infront of a pit and turns to rassilon and says

"this is madness"

rassilon looks at the dalek with hatred and says

" madness?... This is gallifrey!!! !

:D oh the trials of a wasted adulthood :D

after some thought i decided to ditch the TV movie time rotor and go for one of my own design. the thin plastic rods just wouldnt work or hold correctly enough to look any good. so i have gone with my own design time rotor for the tv movie console and here it is. the rods are much thicker and just look so much better for this scale

DSCF3265.jpg

what is great about this is i can light the rods from the insode of the console...in the dark it looks stunning!!!

Last edited:
i got this from a friend of mine who found it in his loft, he had it made some time again and never did anywork on it. he was actually going to through it out!! so i saved it and bought it from him :D its a 12" model of the 8th doctor paul mcgann made from resin and milliput. iv painted it up myself and it took about 2days, its still not finished however. it still needs some paint work and needs a pair of hands fitting

DSCF3279Correction.jpg

while you cant tell from that photo very well i actually drybrushed the waistcoat with a bit of silver so it reflects the light. the 8th doctors outfit had amazing reflective qualities the frock coat is often mistaken for being a golden colour or even brown. in actual fact its a very dark green that reflects the light.

Back