MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures Announced

they have switch out option so you can display with red or cartoon colored mask for each

It'd be nice to get the option to take off the tail when/if you switch to the color version too :lol

I'm definitely in for Leo, I'd like to get them all but I doubt I'll be able to given it's Mondo. Not only with the price be hard but it'd hard to get anything Mondo with the craze for ordering.

One of the articles mentions Brock Otterbacher, didn't he work for SSC at one point?

I can't wait to find out the price and I'm probably more excited by the Three Zero Eastman-style figures since they will likely be mixed media. Ideally I would get both but it all depends on the Mondo price.

Me too. Really want to get a look at those.

What's Mondo and what makes it so expensive as some say? What do they usually make?

No familiar with the brand (guy??) at all.

What's Mondo and what makes it so expensive as some say? What do they usually make?

No familiar with the brand (guy??) at all.

They're a company that normally sells posters and artwork - from well-known artists that they hire. They're 'sister' company is a movie theater chain, so you can see how that would go hand and hand.

Recently, they've ventured out with nick-nacks like this, etc. As for the price....Mondo has always been overpriced when it comes to a lot of this stuff, IMO....but then again, people eat it up, so one could argue it's not really overpriced.

Some of their poster commissions from back in the day were top notch though.

I'm interested right now, but that depends on price. I only have so much fun money each month and have many other hobbies demanding my money.

The more I look at this the more the tail aka "turtle genitals" is bothering me.

Real turtles have tails and that's how Eastman and Laird drew them.

Real turtles have tails and that's how Eastman and Laird drew them.

I know but my first introduction to TMNT was the cartoon. And didnt they only draw them that way in the beginning?

While the Fred Wolf turtles didn't have salient tails, the comics did. These 1/6 figures are trying to mimic the comics. They do sell the 13-14'' tall Fred Wolf turtles on ebay and other shops is you want some without the tails.

I personally want Eastman 1/6 turtles. Would love some of his IDW designs too.

MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures Announced

Okay, thanks for the info. Dont know much about the older comics, that is my next comic to get into once I finish all the books I recently bought. Been eyeing the Ultimate Collection volumes. Only comics I've read sporadically are the Archie ones.

it seems the threezero turtles designed by eastman are indeed not the classic look, more stylized. look cool but not close to the classic look these have etc

fab0181eaf8ea1843f578480dbbef81d.jpg

At first glance these aren't wowing me like I hoped they would. Damn. I would take classic comic, cartoon, OR movie Turtles if done well enough. But these seem to be none of those. Maybe they'll look better when they aren't black and white prototypes in stiff poses, though.

I definitely like the style of the Mondo ones better. But I'll probably end up buying neither.

I'll get them if the price is right. I heard they're already working on Casey Jones, Shredder, and Krang. Also heard they're make a life-size Casey Jones mask.

Back